Game Discussion: Doritos Crash Course Forum

Little Challenge For You Guys (win 800 MSP)

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 January 11 at 13:16, Edited on 09 August 12 at 08:03 by drabik
I have a little challenge for you guys who own a 360. Go and download a free game called Doritos Crash Course and then play the first level. If you are able to beat my time in the video I will award the fastest with 800 MSP. You must post your attempt as a video respose to mine - they are the only ones I will accept.

Weekly Challenge #1 - Doritos Crash Course - USA Stage 1 - Safety First (34.428)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cEYsWLPTio

The prize will only go to the person with the fastest time and I will send the code to the gamers 360 account via the 360 message system on 24th January 2011.
Wannabe Actuary
Posted on 18 January 11 at 16:00
sadly I don't have a video of it, but I did mine in 32 seconds and change...and that didn't even put me in the top 50,000 on the leaderboard
CabbageWithPie
Posted on 18 January 11 at 16:39
I think i have beaten you. But then i haven't recorded. Any way of showing you? Like go on online, then me try and beat it with you in lobby?
CabbageWithPie

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 January 11 at 18:17
I guess if you were able to cleary photograph the screen and make a youtube video from that that would be ok. So long as it is a youtube video response and I can make out the username and time thats fine.
Confused Shelf
Posted on 18 January 11 at 19:25
Why don't you just look at the leaderboards and whoever has the highest (out of those who take part in this challenge) you award the prize?
"Wait a second, everyone knows pterodactyls can't stand the screech of a guitar"
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 18 January 11 at 20:47
Confused Shelf said:
Why don't you just look at the leaderboards and whoever has the highest (out of those who take part in this challenge) you award the prize?
This. Not everyone have video capture equipment, or even a camera sometimes. I'd say just have them post here to tell their name, and you can look at the leaderboard from there.
Evenger Ostro
Evenger Ostro
Posted on 18 January 11 at 21:07
I guess DSGaming78 wants to push the community and highscore gaming a little. Looking at rankings is boring whereas competing against each other over and over again is lots of fun, especially when you add videos and strategy sharing.
If you don't agree and rather go the easy and modern way, this challenge is probably not the right thing for you :P

I've got a better time. I will try to get a new record and capture it somehow. Otherwise I will put up a video of my friends' ranking so my record is at least proven.
ForREVer
ForREVer
Posted on 19 January 11 at 04:43
how would you give someone 800MSP?
forever young and free
Confused Shelf
Posted on 19 January 11 at 09:32
ForREVer said:
how would you give someone 800MSP?
I imagine with some sort of shop bought code but I thought they only came in 2100MSP and 4200MSP varieties. Perhaps it was a gift code for buying something from a certain website but he hasn't redeemed it yet.
"Wait a second, everyone knows pterodactyls can't stand the screech of a guitar"
LAFTA
LAFTA
Posted on 19 January 11 at 10:50
USA 1, really?

Couildn't you have picked a bit more of a difficult level?

Event closes on?
www.youtube.com/LAFTA
guns vs kittens
Posted on 19 January 11 at 14:48
How did you get just 800 msp...?
But why is the rum gone???
Evenger Ostro
Evenger Ostro
Posted on 19 January 11 at 16:01
eBay..?
Diametraphine
Posted on 19 January 11 at 16:57
Perhaps it is a UK code? In the UK the codes come in 800, 1600, 2100 and onwards.
Confused Shelf
Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:03, Edited on 19 January 11 at 20:03 by Confused Shelf
Diametraphine said:
Perhaps it is a UK code? In the UK the codes come in 800, 1600, 2100 and onwards.
Uh... no. In all the shops I've seen they sell only 2100MSP and 4200MSP. I think I once saw an 1200MSP when MW2 was released but that was free when you bought the game. Anyway the codes are region locked so you can't win if you aren't in the UK anyway. Sorry guys.
LAFTA
LAFTA
Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:05
So, DS, why are you doing this? Your way of building your channel or??
www.youtube.com/LAFTA
CausticZabi
CausticZabi
Posted on 19 January 11 at 23:47
Shame i dont have a camera
ForREVer
ForREVer
Posted on 20 January 11 at 00:25
i'm a little confused as to why the guy hosting this little contest has yet to show how he is going to give the 800msp.
forever young and free
CausticZabi
CausticZabi
Posted on 20 January 11 at 02:21
ForREVer said:
i'm a little confused as to why the guy hosting this little contest has yet to show how he is going to give the 800msp.
The prize will only go to the person with the fastest time and I will send the code to the gamers 360 account via the 360 message system on 24th January 2011.

^ how is that not showing how he will do it?
dancrozier
dancrozier
Posted on 20 January 11 at 15:36
Confused Shelf said:
Diametraphine said:
Uh... no. In all the shops I've seen they sell only 2100MSP and 4200MSP. I think I once saw an 1200MSP when MW2 was released but that was free when you bought the game. Anyway the codes are region locked so you can't win if you aren't in the UK anyway. Sorry guys.
I have seen 800 points cards in the UK but usually they are not for general sale, they were being given away at HMV for example when I bought red dead redemption on release day.
Diametraphine
Posted on 20 January 11 at 16:16
Confused Shelf said:
Diametraphine said:
Ah, you're right, my mistake. You can purchase 800 points, online only though, and it appears even online the 800 codes aren't available in the UK. So it's probably a code purchased from one of the many sites which sell the codes for a little more for email delivery. Either way, it will only be in the UK. Or perhaps a promotional code from as you said, when games are first released.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.