Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Batman - The Telltale Series Episode One Review

• BlackxRyanBlackxRyan633,209
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 16:24Permalink
    I'll take it when it will be in sale.
  • Posted on 03 August 16 at 16:31Permalink
    Really enjoyed reading your review. I also liked the first episode of this Batman game. I am glad that they are splitting time between Batman and Bruce Wayne because, like you said, both make decisions that impact the other. I think that is something that has been often overlooked in other Batman games. Arkham's combat system was so great that I didn't mind, but I'm glad to see a Batman game that is more focused on narrative fleshing out the story to great detail. Really looking forward to the rest of the season. dance
    War...war never changes.
  • ZaccaZacca432,517
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 17:39Permalink
    Didn't even know this was out. I'll be picking it up and probably be playing it tomorrow.
  • Posted on 03 August 16 at 18:00Permalink
    Still looking for the 360 version .
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf416,932
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 18:01Permalink
    i feel like this genre is done with, they are all the same pretty much, back to the future and borderlands were a chore to play for me, didnt enjoy them at all.
  • AckterAckter321,150
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 18:50Permalink
    Then why play them?
  • Posted on 03 August 16 at 18:53Permalink
    Odds on how delayed the last couple of episodes will be?
    Take it sleazy
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,080,176
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 19:01Permalink
    I am glad to hear there was no studdering. GOT was terrible with that. Puzzles reintroduced. I don't know, but I too will be on board when it arrives on sale - as it is sure to do!
  • Posted on 03 August 16 at 19:25Permalink
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    Pushed to later in August.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:01Permalink
    Kanchanaburi said:
    I am glad to hear there was no studdering. GOT was terrible with that. Puzzles reintroduced. I don't know, but I too will be on board when it arrives on sale - as it is sure to do!
    There were no straight up freezes, but I definitely encountered some horrible FPS drops (appeared lower than 10fps). I love all the telltale games, but they really need tow rok on the engine badly.
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:06Permalink
    rocking23nf said:
    i feel like this genre is done with, they are all the same pretty much, back to the future and borderlands were a chore to play for me, didnt enjoy them at all.
    I loved them all, so it's definitely not done with.
  • Bar6arianBar6arian506,756
    Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:21Permalink
    Had fun with this one and looked the best so far.
    “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” - H.P. Lovecraft
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7402,726
    Posted on 04 August 16 at 01:32Permalink
    Reviews of individual episodes in an episodic series are kind of pointless, as the entire season needs to be out to see if the game lived up to its promises and if the overall story and gameplay stayed consistent.
  • KexolKexol378,856
    Posted on 04 August 16 at 07:54Permalink
    dresdenWWII said:
    Reviews of individual episodes in an episodic series are kind of pointless, as the entire season needs to be out to see if the game lived up to its promises and if the overall story and gameplay stayed consistent.
    Your right but by the time we see all the episodes release, we'll all have Grey hair. So why not see if it's worth buying? wink
  • Posted on 05 August 16 at 10:41Permalink
    dresdenWWII said:
    A lot of people will be picking up the first episode so this absolutely needs a review. DLC gets reviewed this is the same premise. There should be a review of the overall experience at the end as well though. There is room for both.
  • Posted on 05 August 16 at 10:44Permalink
    Forgotten how much i love TA reviews - need to look here more often for reviews.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st451,206
    Posted on 05 August 16 at 13:15Permalink
    If there is something I have learned from every episodic game released on consoles by Telltale since TWD and also from other developers like dontnod (Life is Strange), capcom ( RE Revelations 2) and sierra ( Kings quest) is that if you wait for a year or slightly less; eventually the episode 1(s) would be free.
    Posted on 05 August 16 at 13:43Permalink
    Matodion 1st said:
    If there is something I have learned from every episodic game released on consoles by Telltale since TWD and also from other developers like dontnod (Life is Strange), capcom ( RE Revelations 2) and sierra ( Kings quest) is that if you wait for a year or slightly less; eventually the episode 1(s) would be free.
    You go right ahead and wait a year.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st451,206
    Posted on 05 August 16 at 13:52Permalink
    MAS AttacK said:
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    Pushed to later in August.
    I was looking forward to playing the trial
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.