Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Batman - The Telltale Series Episode One Review

• Matodion 1stMatodion 1st451,206
    Posted on 05 August 16 at 14:07Permalink
    rocking23nf said:
    i feel like this genre is done with, they are all the same pretty much, back to the future and borderlands were a chore to play for me, didnt enjoy them at all.
    I wouldn't say the story driven episodic game genre are all the same. well..maybe just Telltale game series especially the annoying series that over-states a zero-sum world and random meaninglessness like Game of Thrones and TWD. Although I find other episode games not made by Telltale to be awesome like the King Quest, Republique, Life is Strange or the shorter episodic story games like Broken Age or Broken Sword 5. I guess I mostly enjoy games with occassional puzzle and stories where the good guy wins and the bad guy loses.
  • GoZorakGoZorak87,635
    Posted on 07 August 16 at 02:28Permalink
    Well was going to wait until all 5 episodes had been released. BUT... I thoroughly enjoyed the original Walking Dead game even though not much of a WD fan. There were some pretty emotional moments that I experienced in that game and its fantastic story telling/voice acting. I am a tremendous Game of Thrones fanatic but for some reason could not get into the game..I really really tried but just couldnt...after this first episode of Batman..have to say this is my absolute favorite so far and although Im not a Batman fanboy, I am familiar enough with all of the lore and this first episode really hooked me. and I eagerl;y await the following episodes...for those who wish more time in costume than as BW then a simple remedy. After playing through an episode fire up Arkham City or Arkham Knight where the combat is much better obviously
  • Posted on 10 August 16 at 01:39Permalink
    I was waiting for this game but now I might wait for the lot to go on sale
  • SethModeSethMode380,492
    Posted on 21 August 16 at 03:42Permalink
    Nice review. One thing: I finally played this tonight, and man, maybe we have different definitions of what stuttering is, but this thing runs kind of like poo poo. The entire scene early on with Dent made him seem like he was a glitch in the Animus or something.
  • Posted on 21 August 16 at 04:20Permalink
    SethMode said:
    Nice review. One thing: I finally played this tonight, and man, maybe we have different definitions of what stuttering is, but this thing runs kind of like poo poo. The entire scene early on with Dent made him seem like he was a glitch in the Animus or something.
    I've found the stuttering issues vary person to person. So we may very well have similar definitions but experienced different issues.
  • mwibornmwiborn129,854
    Posted on 08 December 16 at 09:03Permalink
    Hmm, played through Episode 1 and didn't get a single achievement... roll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.