Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

This Week's Summer Spotlight Titles

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 August 16 at 20:59
Risk, Don't Starve and more

Please click here to read the story: This Week's Summer Spotlight Titles
ClaytThaGreat
ClaytThaGreat
Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:13
Wait, what did I miss? What are these rewards credits all about??
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:34
Okay....please tell me how HAWKEN qualifies???
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:40
acedawg4 said:
There are some sort of microtransactions that must count.

I'm holding out for the Turing Test. I loved Pneuma and it will push me over thanks to We Happy Few
NightHawk673
NightHawk673
Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:43
Battleship just came out and it's not part of the summer deal? What a load of shit. I was gonna buy it for that reason alone.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 03 August 16 at 21:55
ClaytThaGreat said:
For the Xbox Live rewards program: https://rewards.xbox.com/

You most likely signed up at some point and forgot about it, it's been around since the Xbox 360 days. You can earn points for doing monthly surveys, buying new releases, buying other media like movies etc. The Summer Spotlight is one of their promotions this summer. The rewards program deposits currency into your account when you reach a certain amount of points ($5 I believe, or you can manually deposit it yourself any time before then).

acedawg4 said:
Part of the program is also to draw attention to new releases in general so I think that's why several free-to-play titles have been included. I could not find confirmation anywhere that microtransactions in these free-to-play games will count toward your $40 total so I would use caution in regards to that.

NightHawk673 said:
Battleship just came out and it's not part of the summer deal? What a load of shit. I was gonna buy it for that reason alone.
Battleship was used in the promotional artwork so it might be added that a later date, though I agree it seems odd to not include it upon its release (since that's how the other titles have been handled so far).
Darth Knight
Darth Knight
Posted on 03 August 16 at 22:09
ClaytThaGreat said:
Ignore it. It's really not worth it unless you plan on buying all of these games like, now?
Beep Boop
A Volvo Driver
Posted on 03 August 16 at 22:13
Australia hardly got any of those games. Thanks Obama.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 03 August 16 at 22:23
Darth Knight said:
ClaytThaGreat said:
Ignore it. It's really not worth it unless you plan on buying all of these games like, now?
it was better before the x1 came out not that i'm saying its the x1 fault most of the offers now a days are for buying over priced movies or season passes. I just hope they don't reset our rebate like they did last september
Goggs25
Bomber37
Bomber37
Posted on 03 August 16 at 22:35
Does anyone know how much 4,000 rewards points are worth?
NightHawk673
NightHawk673
Posted on 03 August 16 at 22:42
Bomber37 said:
Does anyone know how much 4,000 rewards points are worth?
4 dollars I believe. But you also get rebate for your purchases as well. So it's kinda like double dipping
W1LLYMAN
W1LLYMAN
Posted on 03 August 16 at 23:00
acedawg4 said:
I'm glad I read the comments as I was thinking the same thing.
cribbel
cribbel
Posted on 04 August 16 at 08:14
Think that rewards been region based aswell. And now they launched it worldwide.
No game no life
Strategy One
Strategy One
Posted on 04 August 16 at 09:52
A Volvo Driver said:
Australia hardly got any of those games. Thanks Obama.
Yup all his fault laugh
Kalujo
Kalujo
Posted on 04 August 16 at 14:44
Well I bought We Happy Few & Inside so, awesome!! smile
TechnoTomato
TechnoTomato
Posted on 04 August 16 at 16:08
Thought Slime Rancher was meant to be included in this?
We're all mad here...
AssassinDK
AssassinDK
Posted on 04 August 16 at 23:17
I can't believe Microsoft is still doing this, considering it is still only available in about 20 countries worldwide. They should reward everyone who buys those games, some way or another. That shouldn't be too hard.
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 05 August 16 at 03:19
I am very wary about this promotion...XBL Rewards has really gotten into "small print exceptions" this past year, cheating people from lots of rewards (I personally lost on one $30 promotion because I bought the Halo 5 console bundle instead of the $60 standalone game...and the digital copy code (which was also included in the CE version) negated the promotion, and lost on a $15 one because I bought one of the three games the day before it launched, but they changed the policy for the promotion to be that you have to buy a game within 30 days of it becoming AVAILABLE (so 30 days from when the preorder hits the marketplace))...

Anyhow, TA and Major Nelson have shown numerous videos and artwork in the promos, but the FAQ on the Rewards site (and Xbox.com) are showing different titles. That being said, I have purchased two or three of the games since the launch of the promotion, and am still not showing any progress on "My Missions".
Look at me so I can finish!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.