Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Details Emerge For Dead Rising Remasters

• napoearthnapoearth681,833
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 12:31Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:
    You couldn't pay me enough to do the 7-Day Survivor and the zombie kill count achievements again. Life is simply too short to do that bullshit a second time.
    I feel your pain, but I'll be doing them and the zombie kill count ones for 2 and OTR a third time.
  • MisterGuyManMisterGuyMan173,689
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 16:18Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    MisterGuyMan said:
    I actually wouldn't mind double dipping but as a completionist those MP achievements would be a pain to unlock again for DR2.
    Sadly it's the achievements that are going to be deal breakers for me. I still haven't brought myself to do 7 Day Survivor yet in DR1. I just don't have the patience for it. Last thing I want is that on my card twice, goddamit. And with DR2, which I abso-goddamn-loutely love, I don't want to deal with trying to arrange multiplayer sessions a second time. I still haven't been able to find someone to double box that with. And not a big fan of any of the XBLA games or Off the Record so those are "meh" to begin with.
    It should actually be easier to unlock on Xbox One. You can turn the console off and when you start it up the game should start up right right where you left off. The achievement isn't hard. It just sucks to find a free block of seven hours. If you split it up it's pretty easy.
  • misfit119misfit119895,566
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 21:49Permalink
    MisterGuyMan said:
    It should actually be easier to unlock on Xbox One. You can turn the console off and when you start it up the game should start up right right where you left off. The achievement isn't hard. It just sucks to find a free block of seven hours. If you split it up it's pretty easy.
    Yeah, that's always been my problem with it. Three to four hours? Sure no problem. But seven goddamn hours? Even while doing other things I'm not often in my living room for that many uninterrupted hours. You might be right though. I'll wait to see what others say on the topic before I even think about it.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 18 August 16 at 21:53Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    MisterGuyMan said:
    Yeah, that's always been my problem with it. Three to four hours? Sure no problem. But seven goddamn hours? Even while doing other things I'm not often in my living room for that many uninterrupted hours. You might be right though. I'll wait to see what others say on the topic before I even think about it.
    It's cake when you are used to going for 17 days = 34-35 hours wink
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • ShinnizleShinnizle787,535
    Posted on 19 August 16 at 03:30Permalink
    Can't you pause the game?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 19 August 16 at 14:58Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Can't you pause the game?
    Yes you can, just make sure your Xbox auto off is disabled
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • MisterGuyManMisterGuyMan173,689
    Posted on 19 August 16 at 16:48Permalink
    I mean that it's even easier since Xbox One has a sleep mode. When you turn the console off, so long as you start up the last game you played first, it will boot up the same game the right where you left off. You could keep it on and pause it but a lot of people had issues with overheating 360s at the time so it was a bigger risk than now.
  • Posted on 19 August 16 at 19:47Permalink
    MisterGuyMan said:
    I mean that it's even easier since Xbox One has a sleep mode. When you turn the console off, so long as you start up the last game you played first, it will boot up the same game the right where you left off. You could keep it on and pause it but a lot of people had issues with overheating 360s at the time so it was a bigger risk than now.
    It wasn't too bad, I had the 360 running off the disk for 6 months (pre NXE gave the ability to install)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.