Game Discussion: Dead Space 2

Gamebreaking Kinesis Glitch

• Posted on 27 January 11 at 01:43Permalink
    Hey there, gentlemen, ladies.

I'm currently in chapter 1, and I recently got to the first shop. I bought a Level 1 Engineering suit, and the Refurbished Plasma Cutter. I headed out the airlock, and I saw a glowing thing that looked like a power node. I tried to use Kinesis on it, and nothing happened. So I figured maybe my Kinesis was supposed to stop working. I continue with the level, and eventually get to a door that requires me to use Kinesis on it... well my Kinesis is still not working, so I can't do anything... I'm stuck; I can't open this door, and I have no way of going around it.

I do some Googling and find that other people are having the same problem: http://forums.xbox.com/35629036/ShowPost.aspx

I've tried restarting, and I've tried deleting my cache. The only thing I've not tried is deleting my game save. As far as I can tell there's no way around this, and I don't know exactly what caused it.
    My post consists of 60% sardonicism, 30% sarcasm, 10% truth and 100% coolest person ever.
  • Posted on 27 January 11 at 02:52Permalink
    Oh man. Sorry, dude, this is the first I've heard of a Kinesis glitch. Hopefully EA and Visceral will become wise to it and fix it.

The only assurance I can give you ... yeah, that purple glowing light is a power node.
  • Posted on 27 January 11 at 02:54Permalink
    TheRickMoranis said:
    The only assurance I can give you ... yeah, that purple glowing light is a power node.
    Hah. Thanks. Hopefully when I start over I'll be able to grab it. laugh
    My post consists of 60% sardonicism, 30% sarcasm, 10% truth and 100% coolest person ever.
  • Posted on 27 January 11 at 03:36Permalink
    For your sake though, I hope you DON'T have to start over! That is, until you beat it. ;)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 January 11 at 06:11Permalink
    Restarting during the first chapter? The horrors!

Seriously, makes me want to hold off on booting it up. It's still in its shrink wrap.
  • Posted on 27 January 11 at 15:21Permalink
    Richard, you still experiencing the glitch?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 January 11 at 15:57Permalink
    This better not happen on mine! I will post back if it does or does not.

At least you get to experience the MP lol
    If your here, then who did I kill?
  • Posted on 28 January 11 at 01:58Permalink
    TheRickMoranis said:
    Richard, you still experiencing the glitch?
    Nah. I started over and now I'm in Chapter 4. Not to say it couldn't happen now, but I'm not currently being screwed over by it, is all.

I hope it doesn't happen on my Hardcore playthrough. Eugh... that would be frustrating.
  • Posted on 28 January 11 at 03:29, Edited on 28 January 11 at 03:30 by CausticZabiPermalink
    Make plenty backup saves..Unless thats not possible now!

Nevermind just read you had to delete the game save, thats terrible! I hope this gets patched.
  • Posted on 28 January 11 at 14:34, Edited on 28 January 11 at 14:34 by TheRickMoranisPermalink
    Richard Bastion said:
    Nah. I started over and now I'm in Chapter 4. Not to say it couldn't happen now, but I'm not currently being screwed over by it, is all.

I hope it doesn't happen on my Hardcore playthrough. Eugh... that would be frustrating.
    Yes it would be! Very! Good luck, man.

CausticZabi said:
    Make plenty backup saves..Unless thats not possible now!

Nevermind just read you had to delete the game save, thats terrible! I hope this gets patched.
    YOU HAVE TO DELETE YOUR GAME SAVE?!? I'm definitely more tense about that than when a Necromorph might jump out of a vent. Especially now since I'm 7 hours in.
  • Posted on 29 January 11 at 06:50Permalink
    CausticZabi said:
    I honestly didn't mean to imply that. I could've come up with better phrasing.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 January 11 at 23:29Permalink
    I've been through the game twice now, and I've not had a single problem with mine.. It seems as though these people are just the unlucky ones
  • Posted on 30 January 11 at 00:35Permalink
    Genuine Hamster said:
    I've been through the game twice now, and I've not had a single problem with mine.. It seems as though these people are just the unlucky ones
    It's probably unlikely that it'll happen to someone, but it's still in there, and it could happen. If it does, you're screwed.
  • Ebon Hawk AUEbon Hawk AU146,322
    Posted on 30 January 11 at 05:47Permalink
    Test kinesis before saving... test after saving... make multiple saves... problem solved.
    Played the game 1.5 times over (full play-through and I am in a middle of a second one)...
    Not a single glitch...
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
  • Posted on 07 February 11 at 04:11Permalink
    Ebon Hawk AU said:
    Test kinesis before saving... test after saving... make multiple saves... problem solved.
    Played the game 1.5 times over (full play-through and I am in a middle of a second one)...
    Not a single glitch...
    try doing that during Hardcore playthrough!!
  • Posted on 07 February 11 at 09:03Permalink
    PacoDaTacoS3llr said:
    Ebon Hawk AU said:
    Not a single glitch...
    Indeed.

Having this happen on Hard Core would be quite... frustrating.
  • Ebon Hawk AUEbon Hawk AU146,322
    Posted on 10 February 11 at 07:39Permalink
    Richard Bastion said:
    PacoDaTacoS3llr said:
    Ebon Hawk AU said:
    Not a single glitch...
    Indeed.

Having this happen on Hard Core would be quite... frustrating.
    Point taken.
    Though truth be told I would never attempt such mode without knowing that the game play is 100% stable...

Speaking of... am I the only one who still has incorrectly displayed secret achievements from this game in my gamer's feed?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
  • ShadozealotShadozealot175,587
    Posted on 28 May 19 at 08:48, Edited on 28 May 19 at 08:49 by ShadozealotPermalink
    Eight years later, playing it for the first time (on Xbox One backwards compatibility - it was the free game of the month not too long ago), & apparently, they never patched this problem.

Going to have to restart game. I always keep multiple saves at different points, but because Kinesis stopped working the moment I got the plasma cutter (&, like the OP, I thought that it was part of the game), I do not have any saves that far back.

Given it's a game breaking bug, I kinda woulda thought they'd have patched it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.