Game Discussion: Fatal Fury Special

"You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operation" - Solution?

• Posted on 13 August 16 at 18:14, Edited on 13 August 16 at 18:16 by BulgyDragonZordPermalink
    Alright, so today I wanted to use the method which the solutions and walkthroughs provided of not connecting to XBox Live and using the in-game cheat menu to allow me to get the offline achievements done for this game. Here goes the story.

I bought this game around a year ago under my main gamertag (BulgyDragonZord). I believe I bought it around 2015. So when I decided to playthrough the game today I get asked for the Title Update and obviously I say "Cancel" to reject the invite. However as soon as I access the Main Menu of the game it says to me that this is the Trial Version and I cannot get the achievements, unless I connect to XBox Live and apply for the update. Which of-course is not what I want to do because it will make the game more harder to complete in the offline section.

So a recommendation was to do a License Transfer. Hadn't done it at all with this new XBox 360 E Model which I bought back in March 2016. Done it today so cannot do it now until 12/12/2016. Next I deleted the game off my hard-drive and redownloaded it. Cleared my Cache on the XBox 360 Hard-Drive. Loaded the game, declined the update and whilst it's now the Full Version whilst playing offline in XBox Live, when I click Single Player/Multiplayer etc I get a new message saying "You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operation" and the title article says "Guest", even though I'm signed in as my main gamertag.

So my next approach was to test the game by signing in another account that has access to XBox Live. I got that account and my account signed in at the same time. Then I loaded the game, decline the update and then tried it again with my profile and I got "You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operation". I then tried it with the other profile and that one can access the Single Player/Multiplayer etc. So here I tried to use the in-game functions with my main profile to see if I can play it and I can. Unfortunately after using the in-game cheat method and winning one match, I did not get the first known achievement in the offline section which is...

Fatal Fury SpecialPerfect VictoryThe Perfect Victory achievement in Fatal Fury Special worth 6 pointsDefeat your opponent without sustaining any damage , in Arcade Game.

One other method I've tried is transferring the game onto an External Hard-Drive using my other account and then transferring it back to the main Hard-Drive using my main profile. This method didn't work.

It is suggest you restart your XBox 360 Console but I've yet to try this method. Another possible idea I think in my head is well is accepting the update, return to the XBox 360 Dashboard, Clearing The Cache, restarting the game and not accepting the update.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to solve this situation? Do I need to restart the console? Or worse case scenario, would I have to accept the XBox Live update and playthrough the game legit as best as I could?

Please can someone provide me some assistance or an idea on what to do. Tried figuring out a method for 50 minutes and no luck at the moment. Many thanks.
  • Posted on 13 August 16 at 23:59Permalink
    I'd say download the patch then try playing offline. You can always remove the patch later. See if you get the same error with the updated version.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 01:37Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    I'd say download the patch then try playing offline. You can always remove the patch later. See if you get the same error with the updated version.
    I downloaded the update and tried starting the game in Single Player with Bulgy and that worked, so I can access Single Player whilst connected to XBox Live with the update done. So I then used this method and cleared the cache and rebooted the game. The error then returns and I get the same problem as before.

I even tried re-downloading the game after deleting it off the marketplace and that didn't work neither.

Interestingly I signed in myself and by other account and I thought I'll see if my other account would get this achievement...

Fatal Fury SpecialPerfect VictoryThe Perfect Victory achievement in Fatal Fury Special worth 6 pointsDefeat your opponent without sustaining any damage , in Arcade Game.

It didn't. Unless I'm doing something incorrectly or if the achievement requirements are not correct. You get this by getting a Perfect in any match correct? I feel as though I should just keep on playing and see if this one unlocks instead...

Fatal Fury SpecialHigh ScoreThe High Score achievement in Fatal Fury Special worth 14 pointsAcquire more than 400,000 points , in Arcade Game.

I hate ordeals such as this with License Transfers and Cache issues, gives me some nerves. But I'd do anything to make the game easier cause I know this looks brutal.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 02:12Permalink
    What I'm saying is KEEP the update and go OFFLINE and see if you still get the error. I'm sure while online it works fine but I'm trying to see why you're getting this offline error.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 20:28, Edited on 14 August 16 at 20:29 by BulgyDragonZordPermalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    What I'm saying is KEEP the update and go OFFLINE and see if you still get the error. I'm sure while online it works fine but I'm trying to see why you're getting this offline error.
    Just managed to do it since I've been occupied throughout the day. I've loaded the game and accepted the update, then exited the game to the XBox 360 Dashboard. I then went into the Network Settings on the XBox 360 and I've Disconnected the console from XBox Live since I think that's one of the only ways you can do so on the XBox 360 E Model since Wireless Interent is built-in on the console. I then reloaded the game and then I attempted to click Single Player and it came up with "You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operation". So credit to you that we've now discovered that this is a matter if I'm not connected to XBox Live whether I have the latest update or not.

Now I need to think of a method. Thanks for that so far.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 20:56Permalink
    Tried a new method. Signed in my 2nd profile on the same console with the 2nd controller. Deleted the game and downloaded the "Trial" version to avoid buying the game twice. I then switched back over to my main profile and click Download Again to get the full version of the game. So in this case, it went from 0% - 80% - 100% in a few seconds.

I loaded the game and had to exit it because of the automatic update to the game that's applied as soon as you download any games. Cleared the Cache, re-loaded the game, did not accept the update and then clicked Single Player = "You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operation". Going to try another method.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 21:15Permalink
    OK so the next method was that I transferred my profile over to the External Hard-Drive and transferred the game to the External Hard-Drive as well. Now I used my XBox 360 Elite which was one of the original consoles my profile belonged to before I got the XBox 360 E. Took a bit of backing and forthing with the account and dummy as you can tell.
    Anyways I signed in with my main profile on the XBox 360 Elite console and then I loaded the game and did not accept the update. After passing the Title Screen, I came across that this console does what I did in the past which is it tells me I'm playing the Trial Version of the game and not unlocked it.

So I exit the game and I've just tried re-downloading the game on the XBox 360 Elite and then I Cleared the Cache on the External Hard-Drive, but then I realized the game got transferred to the Hard-Drive on the XBox 360 Elite it's got already. So I Cleared the Cache on that too and I re-loaded the game. Did not accept the update and then passed the Title Screen. Still says I'm playing the XBox Live Trial Version.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 21:21Permalink
    Tried your method above and accepted the update and disconnected from XBox Live. I checked the game and loaded it but it turns out it still gives the me Trial Version of the game. There's only one other method I can think of, but it will be costly.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 22:02Permalink
    The last method I had in mind was to buy the game with one of my other accounts, so I bought the full version of the game. When it downloaded I Cleared the Cache on the Hard-Drive it was stored on and then I loaded the game with the dummy. To my amazement it was the Full Version. So I then signed that account out and signed in my main profile. I re-loaded the game and again it was the Full Version. However as soon as I click Single Player. You guessed right I get "You Do Not Have Permission To Perform This Operations". Once again though if the other profile is signed in then I can play Single Player if they start-up the Single Player game mode. And I've tested it to the point where I got over 400,000 Points, but I did not get this achievement...

Fatal Fury SpecialHigh ScoreThe High Score achievement in Fatal Fury Special worth 14 pointsAcquire more than 400,000 points , in Arcade Game.

I think I've ran out of ideas so if anyone's got any ideas I could do in the mean-time, but beside that I guess I'm buggered and I'll have to play this properly.

On the otherhand I haven't lost out on buying the game for the other account because I can use it with the multiplayer achievements since I've heard this game has really bad glitchy online achievements.
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 22:26Permalink
    I have one more solution we can try but do you have a USB that you can throw your gamertag onto?
  • Posted on 14 August 16 at 22:33Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    I have one more solution we can try but do you have a USB that you can throw your gamertag onto?
    Yeah I think I do.
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 00:57Permalink
    Delete any save data (if any) from the HD.

Now take your gamertag and load it onto a USB.

Load the game

As soon as you see like a games logo (SNK or anything like that) remove your USB

You will get a pop up telling you to put the USB back (That's fine just ignore this)

Try to start playing the game.

Once (if) you get into gameplay put your USB back in.

This method should refresh your tag into thinking it's the first time it's played Fatal Fury and I'm hoping that weird permissions issues goes away.
  • planting42planting421,467,894
    Posted on 15 August 16 at 06:12Permalink
    When you do get to the online - be VERY careful about the online wins. I'm permanently screwed on my 50 wins achievement. If you quit on a match that should pop an achievement - its locked forever - stats are on their server.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 06:37Permalink
    planting42 said:
    When you do get to the online - be VERY careful about the online wins. I'm permanently screwed on my 50 wins achievement. If you quit on a match that should pop an achievement - its locked forever - stats are on their server.
    ugh one of those games.
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 09:57Permalink
    Ah! I recall doing a similar method for Medal Of Honor: Airborne in an attempt to get the Victory Medal but it didn't work. But I have that achievement thanks to FUNGITE GHOST's help. I just didn't like the outcome that the USB method change some of your games gamer-pictures on your gamer-card. Example - Gears Of War 3, Sonic The Hedgehog 4, Far-Cry 3 etc.

This game doesn't have any saved data even though it asks for the hard-drive. Will I have to delete saved data for every single game or just this one?
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 10:00Permalink
    planting42 said:
    I'm aware of this but didn't know the screwing only happened on the win your supposed to get the achievement. I thought ever online match was a risk.

As you can see I bought the game again last night so when me and my friend boost the wins, I'll use my dummy. He gets the wins then I switch over since he should have 100 wins and if something happens to him. It wouldn't matter cause he was done.

Would you consider us doing it in Ranked Matches or Player Matches/Private Matches?
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 13:40Permalink
    BulgyDragonZord said:
    Ah! I recall doing a similar method for Medal Of Honor: Airborne in an attempt to get the Victory Medal but it didn't work. But I have that achievement thanks to FUNGITE GHOST's help. I just didn't like the outcome that the USB method change some of your games gamer-pictures on your gamer-card. Example - Gears Of War 3, Sonic The Hedgehog 4, Far-Cry 3 etc.

This game doesn't have any saved data even though it asks for the hard-drive. Will I have to delete saved data for every single game or just this one?
    Hm? Just the game you're playing Fatal Fury
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 19:40, Edited on 15 August 16 at 19:42 by BulgyDragonZordPermalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    Delete any save data (if any) from the HD.

Now take your gamertag and load it onto a USB.

Load the game

As soon as you see like a games logo (SNK or anything like that) remove your USB

You will get a pop up telling you to put the USB back (That's fine just ignore this)

Try to start playing the game.

Once (if) you get into gameplay put your USB back in.

This method should refresh your tag into thinking it's the first time it's played Fatal Fury and I'm hoping that weird permissions issues goes away.
    I've just tried this method. Sadly no luck.

I transferred my profile to a USB Device. I did not however transfer any other profiles that are also on the same console that use XBox Live. I kept them on the XBox Hard-Drive. I loaded the game afterwards and it asked me for an update and I declined it. As soon as the update menu disappeared I pulled the USB out of the XBox 360, but I did not get any warning messages like I did in the past. Before I pressed cn_A on the Title Screen I opened my cn_guide to take a look. My gamer-picture was not in it and I was not connected to XBox Live.
    I went ahead and I pressed Single Player and it came up with the lovely message "You do not have permissions to perform this operation". So even though my profile is signed in but not connected to XBox Live, the game still thinks I'm a guest since the title of this "You do not have etc" has the word "Guest" with a Red X Warning.

When I was re-signed back into XBox Live it turned out no gamer-pictures on my gamer-card we're affected, but that's no real worry for me.

I could possibly try this method whilst connected to XBox Live but I would have to accept the update which gets rid of the cheat menu in the game and I'm guessing that this is possibly going to be pointless.
    Also another idea with this going on is should I have moved all the profiles to the USB Device rather than just mine which has the problem?
  • Posted on 15 August 16 at 20:34Permalink
    No, you've done everything correctly. Just seems this game refuses to run without the patch.

That's odd.
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 09:35Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    No, you've done everything correctly. Just seems this game refuses to run without the patch.

That's odd.
    Well thanks for your help and tips anyways. I could always try the License Transfer but now I have to wait till December to try again.

If anyone has any other methods I could try then let me know and I'll try and see if there's a way around this. Thanks anyways.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.