Game Discussion: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

Detective Achievement Not Unlocking

• SmactSillySmactSilly460,535
    Posted on 14 August 16 at 06:49
    I am beyond frustrated at independent games lately. This is the second one this weekend that is acting up. I played through twice on expert but the Detective Achievement failed to unlock. I even uninstalled and rebooted, reinstalled, etc. before the second play through just to make sure I had all of my bases covered.

Any ideas?
  • Reaver LionReaver Lion1,088,445
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 04:40
    I didn't even get this. Not even a blip on the achievement.
    Posted on 20 August 16 at 07:55
    I just played through a third time on expert at the advice of Artifex Mundi. I was connected to Xbox live the whole time and played through in one sitting. But the achievement still didn't pop. Quite angry right now at how much of my life I have wasted on this stupid game. Ready to advise against buying from this outfit in the future.
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta2,216,034
    Posted on 20 August 16 at 08:31
    SmactSilly said:
    I just played through a third time on expert at the advice of Artifex Mundi. I was connected to Xbox live the whole time and played through in one sitting. But the achievement still didn't pop. Quite angry right now at how much of my life I have wasted on this stupid game. Ready to advise against buying from this outfit in the future.
    The issues recently have been so severe that it hasn't even shown as Done! Unlocking, but there is a very good chance that this is the situation its in.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz525,450
    Posted on 28 October 16 at 11:10
    I've just had this happen to me as well! :(

I haven't even enjoyed the game I really don't know if I can bring myself to do it again. WTF.
    Posted on 31 October 16 at 14:53
    Anyone else had this problem and managed to achieve it somehow? I really don't fancy playing through this game a second time at the risk of it not unlocking.

Looks like OP still doesn't have it even after 3 times. ughhh
  • Posted on 02 November 16 at 01:02, Edited on 02 November 16 at 01:04 by RustyCrusty38
    Just completed the game and the Detective Achievement failed to pop. Not even showing as Done! Unlocking. Really don't want to waste my life with a second run through. Hopefully the dev will sort this soon. Don't really want another Three Fourths Home situation were nothing gets done.
    Posted on 08 November 16 at 12:24
    This reminds me. I'm going to tweet them to see what they can recommend. If I have to do it all again and it doesn't pop the xbox is going out the window.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,446,531
    Posted on 11 November 16 at 22:53
    Same here... no achievement. I'm pissed
    Posted on 15 November 16 at 22:13
    So I tweeted them (for a tried and tested solution) and they told me to send them an email. Did that and haven't had an initial reply. That was over a week ago. I'll chase it up tomorrow and will post in here if I get any updates.
  • ForrestalForrestal36,256
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 13:01
    Hi folks!

I'm one of the developers of this title and I can assure that we aren't happy that some people cant unlock this one achievement. We've received few mails about this issue and extensively tested on our end but everything looks fine in our playthroughs. As we can see on Xbox Live many users unlocked this achievement so situation where it not unlock for someone is rare I would say.
    I can confirm that this achievement isn't related to any other achievement - you can skip minigames, use hint, etc.

If you could please share more info when this achievement didn't unlock for you. For example, have you completed the game in one playthrough, have you previously completed the game on normal difficulty, have you rebooted/turned off your console during playthrough etc, etc. We're committed to help with this but for now we're unable to isolate issue that causes this to happen.

Cheers!
    Posted on 18 November 16 at 13:15
    Hi there,

I just received your e-mail this afternoon and came over to check the forum. Thanks for coming through to the threads to investigate. Much appreciated. IT does certainly seem like a rare issue as people are still unlocking this daily.

Looks like the OP played through a few times so hopefully he sees this as he will probably have the most information and it looks like he still doesn't have the achievement.

From my personal experience I played the game through once with the hope of unlocking all achievements in one go. Received all but the Detective achievement. The only strange thing that happened on my playthrough was in the final cutscene. I got about 15-20 seconds into it and it froze. I left it where it was. About 30 seconds later it was in the very last few seconds of the final scene and I didn't really understand what had happened in between haha. Story achievement popped. Expert achievement didn't.

I did play it over a couple of days but didn't do anything strange with my console and have a strong internet connection.

I haven't given it a run through in one go maybe that would help?

Cheers.
    Posted on 28 November 16 at 16:16
    Any updates my friend?
  • SqueezefanSqueezefan716,566
    Posted on 01 December 16 at 23:44
    Forrestal said:
    Hi folks!

I'm one of the developers of this title and I can assure that we aren't happy that some people cant unlock this one achievement. We've received few mails about this issue and extensively tested on our end but everything looks fine in our playthroughs. As we can see on Xbox Live many users unlocked this achievement so situation where it not unlock for someone is rare I would say.
    I can confirm that this achievement isn't related to any other achievement - you can skip minigames, use hint, etc.

If you could please share more info when this achievement didn't unlock for you. For example, have you completed the game in one playthrough, have you previously completed the game on normal difficulty, have you rebooted/turned off your console during playthrough etc, etc. We're committed to help with this but for now we're unable to isolate issue that causes this to happen.

Cheers!
    Great games by the way , all very enjoyable , Hope i get the expert achievement when i try tomorrow.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 January 17 at 03:26
    same here,made sure it was expect,two seperate sessions,no achievement,great game,not great when theres 175g missing.i bought the three pack,if theres anymore problems,i shall be very unhappy.
  • OtakuPaulOtakuPaul1,212,903
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 10:20
    I had to play through this 4 times on expert before it finally unlocked and the way i got it to unlock was to delete my save file but you have to get rid of your cloud save as well otherwise it remains glitched hope this helps
  • OtakuPaulOtakuPaul1,212,903
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 10:22
    to get rid of your cloud save go to manage game, save files, then go over and click on your save and it will give you an option to delete from everywhere do that that is your cloud save as well as hard saves
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 11:06
    Thanks for the update Spyro Will give that a go before I try again.

Shame the developer guy didn't come back with any help or updates. They've stopped responding to my e-mails too.

Won't be buying any more of these titles. Shame really as they were fun.
    Posted on 27 January 17 at 04:45
    Wow, I lost track of this for a few months. I had no idea it was affecting others. I'm glad we have a potential working solution thanks to Spyro. I'll give this a try in the next few days.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by the dev on this as well. Artifex Mundi makes a lot of games, and right in the sweet spot for price / time for achievement seekers. It makes me not want to buy any more of their games for sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.