The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 16th, 2016

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce761,979
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:35Permalink
    EA Sports titles, new and rare 360 offers, a Rockstar sale, Battlefield 4 shortcuts & more

Please click here to read the story: XBL Sale Roundup: August 16th, 2016
  • Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:41Permalink
    When will GTA 5 for XB1 finally drop to bargain bin levels? It's had an incredible run...
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,973,861
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:42Permalink
    Oh hey you got this up first this week before the Xbox Achievements site did for once, they are really starting to get lazy with making sales/deals articles over there ever since last week.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce761,979
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:44, Edited on 16 August 16 at 23:47 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    It's a bit frustrating that the One versions of some of those 360 sales like Jackbox, Back to the Future, TWD: Michonne and Minecraft Story Mode aren't also on offer. Knowing Telltale, theirs will be at some point though I guess.

Tendoman77 said:
    Oh hey you got this up first this week before the Xbox Achievements site did for once, they are really starting to get lazy with making sales/deals articles over there ever since last week.
    Oh really. That's surprising considering they mostly just copy MN's list, which has been up for a while now. I suppose Gamescom is keeping everyone quite busy.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Yinga GartenYinga Garten1,610,019
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:47Permalink
    I'll get Back to the Future and Game of Thrones.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch751,958
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:52Permalink
    China Rising DLC was free two weeks ago... Hopefully from the looks of it, they are going backwards through the order with the Free Battlefield DLCs. I missed the first set they offered the week of May 3rd while I was on my honeymoon... Hope to grab those two I missed and then some cheap physical copies of 4 and Hardline on both versions :)
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev1,147,018
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:52Permalink
    Kinda upsetting michoone is only ep 1 on sale. Would have gotten the whole season if they would have done it all
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat982,298
    Posted on 16 August 16 at 23:54Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    It's a bit frustrating that the One versions of some of those 360 sales like Jackbox, Back to the Future, TWD: Michonne and Minecraft Story Mode aren't also on offer. Knowing Telltale, theirs will be at some point though I guess.
    Yeah I was disappointed when I saw they weren't for the One. If nothing else, I imagine all the Telltale games will go on sale during the holidays. They always seem to if I remember correctly. Not that I really want to wait that long though...
  • gobey17gobey17749,447
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:00Permalink
    Hmm, now that I've got the dlc for BF4 I'm not sure if I should buy the base game now or wait to see if it goes gwg.

Haven't played BF before and it doesn't look as grindy to complete as I thought it might do so I'm kinda curious. Does anyone know though if the online is still pretty active?
  • AhayzoAhayzo649,962
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:01Permalink
    Glad to see GTA V. I was getting worried there for a bit that the 2 people who want it but don't own it wouldn't get to see it on sale again laugh

I finally decided after the last Alien: Isolation sale I'd buy it the next time around... and it's on the 360. Give me a sale on the One and I'll buy it! Nothing worth picking up this week for, guess my bank account lives to fight another day.
  • Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:14Permalink
    I'm getting back to the future game of thrones , jack party pack and the shitty minecraft add on still waiting for batman ep 1 on 360
  • capicawlcapicawl554,099
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:30Permalink
    Man those rockstar sales are awful.

Can anybody recommend battlefield hardline? That's the second time I've seen it at that price and I kinda don't wanna pass on it again. And I don't care about the achievements, just look at my comp %. laugh
  • Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:35Permalink
    I'd buy back to the future if it was xbox one, hate going back to my 360
  • Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:43Permalink
    Bought Back To The Future. It has to be a better movie tie-in than Jurrasic Park
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf427,844
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:47, Edited on 17 August 16 at 00:55 by rocking23nfPermalink
    back to the future was one of the weaker of the TT series, its playable, but it dragged on and on and alot of the locations are rehashed. and alot of missable achievements if you dont use a guide.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 16 at 00:56, Edited on 17 August 16 at 00:56 by Permalink
    I didn't even realize there was a GoT game. Guess I'll be buying that!
    Thanks Chewie toast
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339401,724
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 01:30Permalink
    BTTF is worth $5. I've already finished the X1 version but I'm tempted to stack it...
  • NomstuffNomstuff682,792
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 01:39Permalink
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    Bought Back To The Future. It has to be a better movie tie-in than Jurrasic Park
    I actually enjoyed it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,761
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:02, Edited on 17 August 16 at 02:05 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    gobey17 said:
    Hmm, now that I've got the dlc for BF4 I'm not sure if I should buy the base game now or wait to see if it goes gwg.
    Same, and Hardline and Titanfall. All potential GwG.

It's the final realisation I came to a couple of years ago that I am never going to get through my backlog (only 153 games completed out of 186 played out of 488 owned), so I probably shouldn't add to it.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:03Permalink
    Is Jackbox Party Pack actually playable on 360? Do you need ad ons?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.