The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 16th, 2016

AuthorMessage
AHGreg
AHGreg
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:07
Back to the future I would have bought if it was on sale on XB1.
A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:08
Reviews on The Jackbox Party Pack (Xbox 360) ?
DominusTenebrae
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:22
I just started BTTF and I have to say the voice acting is very, very good. I rather enjoy the 80s references in the game as well. Mainly because of my advanced age I remember the 80s quite well. shock

I chucked when old lady Edna yelled at Jack and Diane behind the tree, the Weird Science poster and Mario Bros. charity.
togethawiistand
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:37
gobey17 said:
Hmm, now that I've got the dlc for BF4 I'm not sure if I should buy the base game now or wait to see if it goes gwg.

Haven't played BF before and it doesn't look as grindy to complete as I thought it might do so I'm kinda curious. Does anyone know though if the online is still pretty active?
Last time I checked it was pretty active. And it's a good MP to play. Read my review if you'd like.

The base game achievements aren't too bad, but you might need to take part on a boosting session for some of them (such as "Bomb Squad").

capicawl said:
Can anybody recommend battlefield hardline? That's the second time I've seen it at that price and I kinda don't wanna pass on it again. And I don't care about the achievements, just look at my comp %. laugh
Just like BF4, I don't think much of Hardline's campaign/story. MP can be fun for a while, but I still prefer BF4's.
If you like stories about drugs and dirty cops and also don't mind predictable narrative and stupid plot twists, this might be the game for you. Even better the fact that you don't care about achievements, cuz Hardline has some that require real commitment (time).
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:42
Looks like Tachyon Project, In Between, and possibly Blue Estate.
"You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
Our Afflictions
Posted on 17 August 16 at 02:55
Just fucking bought GTA V full price yesterday..
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 17 August 16 at 03:23
capicawl said:
Man those rockstar sales are awful.

Can anybody recommend battlefield hardline? That's the second time I've seen it at that price and I kinda don't wanna pass on it again. And I don't care about the achievements, just look at my comp %. laugh
For that price, I'd say it's decent. Don't expect anything crazy innovative in the campaign though. It's not the worst campaign but there are some buggy things (and downright ridiculous moments in the story).

The multiplayer is the usual Battlefield mix, with a cops and robbers twist in some of the modes and a lot less variety in weaponry than what you can get in Battlefield 4.
PrettyColt21109
Posted on 17 August 16 at 05:25
Our Afflictions said:
The digital version?
Our Afflictions
Posted on 17 August 16 at 05:31
ScrotoBaggins22 said:
Our Afflictions said:
The digital version?
Yeah, my girlfriend plays on a different console so when I buy digitally we can both play for the price of 1.
The Globalizer
Posted on 17 August 16 at 06:28
PhillipWendell said:
When will GTA 5 for XB1 finally drop to bargain bin levels? It's had an incredible run...
Yeah, this. Would love to grab it for the points and to replay the story, but I've done it on the 360, my cap is like $10 or so.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 17 August 16 at 08:22, Edited on 17 August 16 at 08:46 by ChewieOnIce
Tasty Pastry said:I've played the sequel and it's a fun party game. You need local friends/family all with smart devices or laptops to get the best from it though.

Our Afflictions said:
ScrotoBaggins22 said:
Our Afflictions said:
The digital version?
Yeah, my girlfriend plays on a different console so when I buy digitally we can both play for the price of 1.
Not that it helps much now but it's been on sale literally every few weeks for the past few months. You can't guarantee much about these sales but you can guarantee regular Rockstar sales.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Our Afflictions
Posted on 17 August 16 at 09:03
ChewieOnIce said:
Tasty Pastry said:I've played the sequel and it's a fun party game. You need local friends/family all with smart devices or laptops to get the best from it though.

Our Afflictions said:
ScrotoBaggins22 said:
Our Afflictions said:
The digital version?
Not that it helps much now but it's been on sale literally every few weeks for the past few months. You can't guarantee much about these sales but you can guarantee regular Rockstar sales.
Yeah when i bought it I knew I should at least wait until Tuesday for the sales but we wanted to play on my day off so I jumped on it. Ah well.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 17 August 16 at 09:32
Kind of tempted by that Game of Thrones game even though I've only ever watched the first season. Will watch a video review I think. Sounds fun.
DeadlyName007
Posted on 17 August 16 at 11:48, Edited on 17 August 16 at 11:48 by DeadlyName007
From what I read nobody have noticed! Every week Rockstar gave at least 75% off Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire, GTA San Andreas and Bully and some other games had lower discounts before for many years, did anyone notice the bump in the sale prices? That's really odd and I have A SPECULATION!!! (it's my personal view on it) I think they will go BC! smile
Einhander
Einhander
Posted on 17 August 16 at 12:18
Cool stuff
ThreeKingdomsR
Posted on 17 August 16 at 12:47
Too bad the TTG stuff isn't on sale for the One. I might buy Back to the Future, but I'll wait on Michonne and Minecraft.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 August 16 at 14:40
nothing worth buying at the prices given that i don't already own
My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 17 August 16 at 16:23
The Globalizer said:
PhillipWendell said:
When will GTA 5 for XB1 finally drop to bargain bin levels? It's had an incredible run...
Yeah, this. Would love to grab it for the points and to replay the story, but I've done it on the 360, my cap is like $10 or so.
It's incredible run is still going though, despite the fact it released in 2014 for the One/PS4, it's still one of the top three titles in monthly sales every single month, so Rockstar has little incentive to drop the price signficantly. Heck, just two weeks ago it was the top selling game in the UK (quickest result I could find). Due to GTA's brand power and constant updates to GTA Online keeping the game in the news cycles and encourage players new and old to play it, it's likely to stay this way for a very long time.

Or you know, until Rockstar releases a new game and that becomes the new big ticket item.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 17 August 16 at 17:33
Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but please change the color scheme of the dark blue words--it starts to blend in with the TA dark theme and harder to read. Thanks dance
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 17 August 16 at 18:00
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but please change the color scheme of the dark blue words--it starts to blend in with the TA dark theme and harder to read. Thanks dance
Seconded.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.