The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 16th, 2016

AuthorMessage
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 17 August 16 at 18:12
ChewieOnIce said:
Tasty Pastry said:I've played the sequel and it's a fun party game. You need local friends/family all with smart devices or laptops to get the best from it though.
I'm sure I can get a couple others around every once in a while to play, but would likely want to play a good amount with just the lady. Is two players sufficient for fun (albeit with the caveat that it's probably less fun?)?
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 17 August 16 at 18:42
Tasty Pastry said:
ChewieOnIce said:
Tasty Pastry said:I've played the sequel and it's a fun party game. You need local friends/family all with smart devices or laptops to get the best from it though.
I'm sure I can get a couple others around every once in a while to play, but would likely want to play a good amount with just the lady. Is two players sufficient for fun (albeit with the caveat that it's probably less fun?)?
I'm not sure about the first one but most of the games in the second one are 3+ players
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 17 August 16 at 18:43
zoidberg1339 said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but please change the color scheme of the dark blue words--it starts to blend in with the TA dark theme and harder to read. Thanks dance
Seconded.
Dark Theme Bugs/Changes
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 17 August 16 at 19:20, Edited on 17 August 16 at 19:22 by MrZombieChicken
LOL! Those prices on the Rockstar games are just too funny. $20 for RDR? I already have all of them so I'm not disappointed. Thanks for the laugh.
This space for rent.
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 18 August 16 at 02:17
Isn't Bully: Scholarship Edition like $2.99 every other week? What's with the $10.99?
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 18 August 16 at 08:49
Yinga Garten said:
I'll get Back to the Future and Game of Thrones.
Same boat; be nice to play a Telltale game with 'real' achievements!! Game of Thrones has always peaked my interest so now is as good a time as any!!
taximike
taximike
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:51
capicawl said:
Man those rockstar sales are awful.

Can anybody recommend battlefield hardline? That's the second time I've seen it at that price and I kinda don't wanna pass on it again. And I don't care about the achievements, just look at my comp %. laugh
Why would you not just get EA access.
Only £20 and you get that and BF4 and loads of other games.

Cheap either way tho i guess.
MaxMar5
MaxMar5
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:52
Another Rockstar sale, but this time the deals are really poor.
JackMatt210
JackMatt210
Posted on 18 August 16 at 17:02
I'm getting back to the future ^_^ So many memories cry
Blissed Away
Blissed Away
Posted on 18 August 16 at 17:10, Edited on 18 August 16 at 17:12 by Blissed Away
To those wondering why GTA V, a game that first came out in 2013 on last-gen consoles is still at a high price it's because Rockstar Games is confident that people will buy it. It's one of the definitive games of this and last generation. As GTA Online has continuous support for the current-gen platforms, it's not like the game is dead. I'm sure Rockstar Games are making far more money now with all the online content. People paying these current prices are the reason why they still keep the price high. As time progresses, I'm sure they'll ease it further but not by a lot. They're a business, so are aiming for maximizing revenue. With games that don't sell well, the prices can be set lower to at least get more people buying.
Mike Pitch
Mike Pitch
Posted on 18 August 16 at 17:41
PrettyPanther70 said:
Yinga Garten said:
Same boat; be nice to play a Telltale game with 'real' achievements!! Game of Thrones has always peaked my interest so now is as good a time as any!!
The Game of Thrones on sale isn't the Telltale game. It is a retail RPG.
Zootown Montana
Posted on 18 August 16 at 18:45
Our Afflictions said:
Just fucking bought GTA V full price yesterday..
OUCH! angry
I'm an achievement whore
capicawl
capicawl
Posted on 19 August 16 at 05:08
taximike said:
capicawl said:
Man those rockstar sales are awful.

Can anybody recommend battlefield hardline? That's the second time I've seen it at that price and I kinda don't wanna pass on it again. And I don't care about the achievements, just look at my comp %. laugh
Why would you not just get EA access.
Only £20 and you get that and BF4 and loads of other games.

Cheap either way tho i guess.
Because I don't play a lot of sports games and $4.50 is a small price to pay for an okay game. I've definitely paid more for less. Haha.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 19 August 16 at 09:05
Mike Pitch said:
PrettyPanther70 said:
Yinga Garten said:
Same boat; be nice to play a Telltale game with 'real' achievements!!

Game of Thrones has always peaked my interest so now is as good a time as any!!
The Game of Thrones on sale isn't the Telltale game. It is a retail RPG.
No, but Back to the Future is ;)
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
OrpheusDeGroot
Posted on 19 August 16 at 10:42
Shity, I hoped those Telltale games were gonna be on sale for the XONE, would have def. grabbed them in that case.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 19 August 16 at 16:54
Well I don't like these games so nothing interesting this week.
GrislyDin
GrislyDin
Posted on 20 August 16 at 06:59
Elite Dangerous: Arena Edition is on sale this weekend, 1.12$.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/elite-dangerous-aren...
CrAzEdCaNuCk18
Posted on 20 August 16 at 16:16
Zootown Montana said:
Our Afflictions said:
Just fucking bought GTA V full price yesterday..
OUCH! angry
Hate to be the one to point it out but GTA V is on sale every month it seems.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.