Game Discussion: HeartZ: Co-Hope Puzzles

HeartZ: Co-Hope Puzzles Multi-Genre Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 17 August 16 at 12:17
    Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
  • Information
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 04:15
    Jakez123 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    My main disagreement with the genres allocated to HeartZ is the omission of the "Platformer" genre. HeartZ is your bread and butter platformer, it pretty much works similar to games like Limbo and the recently released Shift happens (Which was also given the Puzzle/Platformer multigenre).

The game requires you to navigate many areas using specific characters, utilising their unique abilities to get over obstacles. As the game progresses the platforming element becomes more defined and several rooms require perfect timing or precise jumps to avoid death.

This can easily be seen in this video:

https://youtu.be/C01bv2KVUO0?t=1077

-

This is further enforced by the collectables in the game: normally located in hard to reach locations requiring perfect jumps to obtain. There are also challenges in the game - which normally require to complete levels or sections of levels with a restricted amount of jumps, or to speedrun sections as fast as possible, again going back to the notion of needing excellent platforming abilities to triumph.

As stated, I believe all genres fit the game, it's just that the lack of the Platformer genre does not do the game justice.

• Information
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 04:15
    Jakez123 has removed their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    My main disagreement with the genres allocated to HeartZ is the omission of the "Platformer" genre. HeartZ is your bread and butter platformer, it pretty much works similar to games like Limbo and the recently released Shift happens (Which was also given the Puzzle/Platformer multigenre).

The game requires you to navigate many areas using specific characters, utilising their unique abilities to get over obstacles. As the game progresses the platforming element becomes more defined and several rooms require perfect timing or precise jumps to avoid death.

-

This is further enforced by the collectables in the game: normally located in hard to reach locations requiring perfect jumps to obtain. There are also challenges in the game - which normally require to complete levels or sections of levels with a restricted amount of jumps, or to speedrun sections as fast as possible, again going back to the notion of needing excellent platforming abilities to triumph.

As stated, I believe all genres fit the game, it's just that the lack of the Platformer genre does not do the game justice.

• Information
    Posted on 02 April 17 at 04:16
    Jakez123 has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game

-

• OldMateClownOldMateClown1,063,899
    Posted on 24 April 17 at 02:43
    Agreed. Platformer will be added
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads