Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Preview Welcomes Everspace This September

  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,431
  • Posted on 18 August 16 at 00:29Permalink
    Too many games!
  • planting42planting421,447,448
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 00:56Permalink
    Keep the space games coming!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • Posted on 18 August 16 at 01:47Permalink
    Welcome back console space games smile. Why did you skip the last generation? shock
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82158,451
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 02:26Permalink
    Oh hell no. I thought No Man's Sky looked good (it does, just in a very stylish unique way) but this... oh my. Might just keep an eye on this.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94596,526
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 09:47Permalink
    Xbox's answer to NMS? Looks awesome!
  • Posted on 18 August 16 at 11:19Permalink
    Yes another one for my collection!
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL362,311
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 11:50Permalink
    Fiery explosions and smoke trails in space?
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 18 August 16 at 12:35Permalink
    planting42 said:
    Keep the space games coming!
    No, too many shitty space games, more WWII flying games please, there are none for the One yet.
    Here comes fresh fire ...
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58408,197
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 12:51Permalink
    Cool, saw this was going to be one of the first games in Windows Preview and was hoping it would make its way to the One. It is very good to see the space genre come back to the console space as it the last two generations of consoles (at least Xbox) has been sorely lacking. The last one I played extensively was Starlancer on the Dreamcast (not counting the Star Wars Battlefront games on the original Xbox since those dogfights were just a small part of the game).
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82158,451
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:24Permalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Cool, saw this was going to be one of the first games in Windows Preview and was hoping it would make its way to the One. It is very good to see the space genre come back to the console space as it the last two generations of consoles (at least Xbox) has been sorely lacking. The last one I played extensively was Starlancer on the Dreamcast (not counting the Star Wars Battlefront games on the original Xbox since those dogfights were just a small part of the game).
    Then you really need to check out Mass Effect series if you missed that. Rumor of trilogy remaster, so now is the time.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58408,197
    Posted on 18 August 16 at 14:09Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Cool, saw this was going to be one of the first games in Windows Preview and was hoping it would make its way to the One. It is very good to see the space genre come back to the console space as it the last two generations of consoles (at least Xbox) has been sorely lacking. The last one I played extensively was Starlancer on the Dreamcast (not counting the Star Wars Battlefront games on the original Xbox since those dogfights were just a small part of the game).
    Then you really need to check out Mass Effect series if you missed that. Rumor of trilogy remaster, so now is the time.
    I played ME and was referring to games with space FLIGHT and exploration as that has been sorely missing from consoles for a while.

    The only game that I can think of last gen which featured space flight and battles to any extent was Star Trek: Legacy (which I need to get around to finishing up some time now that I think about it).
  • Posted on 19 August 16 at 00:20Permalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Twinkling82 said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Cool, saw this was going to be one of the first games in Windows Preview and was hoping it would make its way to the One. It is very good to see the space genre come back to the console space as it the last two generations of consoles (at least Xbox) has been sorely lacking. The last one I played extensively was Starlancer on the Dreamcast (not counting the Star Wars Battlefront games on the original Xbox since those dogfights were just a small part of the game).
    Then you really need to check out Mass Effect series if you missed that. Rumor of trilogy remaster, so now is the time.
    I played ME and was referring to games with space FLIGHT and exploration as that has been sorely missing from consoles for a while.

    The only game that I can think of last gen which featured space flight and battles to any extent was Star Trek: Legacy (which I need to get around to finishing up some time now that I think about it).
    The other one was Dark Star One: Broken Alliance, making the grand total for the entire Xbox 360 generation a paltry two. I don't know why space flight games skipped a generation, but I'm glad they're back clap.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.