Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Crew Is Calling All Units to Its New Expansion and Ultimate Edition

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:17
The classic cops and racers

Please click here to read the story: The Crew Is Calling All Units to Its New Expansion and Ultimate Edition
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:23
Another ultimate edition. Alrighty.
darkavenger786
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:25
ThreeHaddock62 said:
Another ultimate edition. Alrighty.
The previous one was called complete edition if I remember right
Dellfis
Dellfis
Posted on 18 August 16 at 13:39
I wonder if they add new achievements.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 18 August 16 at 14:39
i wish they would sort out the a.i on the game its too agressive in some modes like the takedown events the car your chasing is so quick its like trying to catch a bugetti in a robin reliant (a 3 wheel car) and sort out platinums for skills should only be car parts that increase the car stats not stupid pointless car paint or body work I would like a car that can win a race not a car that looks good losing a race.

I think ubisoft should quit make a racing game because the crew is really bad
Goggs25
Markus Starman
Posted on 18 August 16 at 14:39
i wonder if they fix old achievement
MarekVit
MarekVit
Posted on 18 August 16 at 18:27
Dellfis said:
I'd bet they aren't adding new achievements to this EVER. Wild Run didn't have new achievements either. Why bother, right?

Too bad. Would have totally made me pick up the DLC.
Colt45 UK
Colt45 UK
Posted on 18 August 16 at 18:31
MarekVit said:
Dellfis said:
I'd bet they aren't adding new achievements to this EVER. Wild Run didn't have new achievements either. Why bother, right?

dancedancedance
Ditto!
I'm a Deaf gamer, so I can't use headset or mic so you'll have to use PM via xbox during session.
Saiyan Ruuku
Saiyan Ruuku
Posted on 18 August 16 at 19:37, Edited on 18 August 16 at 19:40 by Saiyan Ruuku
Sounds fun!
I still haven't gotten Wild Run but this one has taken my fancy.

MarekVit said:
Dellfis said:

I don't understand this logic, if you like a game enough to buy DLC then why does it matter if it has achievements or not?
As for "why bother?", to add more to the game so you have more to do in-game, pretty obvious I'd say, achievements are pretty irrelevant when it comes to DLC, a little extra sure, but never the point.

That said, I do get that people like to add more to their gamerscore, I've just never understood the appeal to play games FOR achievements, older games never had them, no one obsessed back then.
If it works, it isn't stupid.
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 18 August 16 at 19:52
Will there be a physical release for the Ultimate Edition?
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 18 August 16 at 19:56
Erik Seidel said:
I know for a fact it is in the US but I can't say for sure if it will in your specific region since these things always vary. A good idea is to check with your local retailer, here it has already popped up for pre-order at prominent retailers like GameStop, Amazon etc.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 19 August 16 at 03:54
Saiyan Ruuku said:
Sounds fun!

MarekVit said:
Dellfis said:

I don't understand this logic, if you like a game enough to buy DLC then why does it matter if it has achievements or not?
As for "why bother?", to add more to the game so you have more to do in-game, pretty obvious I'd say, achievements are pretty irrelevant when it comes to DLC, a little extra sure, but never the point.

That said, I do get that people like to add more to their gamerscore, I've just never understood the appeal to play games FOR achievements, older games never had them, no one obsessed back then.
Person saying if it had achievements they'd get the DLC. Check!
Person saying why would you not get if even if it didn't have achievements?! Check!

ARGUMENT ON!!!
*popcorn*
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 19 August 16 at 03:55
Another slight topic so another post--Wild Run was actually really good! I got it primarily for the motorbikes, and ended up going 5k miles on a motorbike, about 3500 of that desert circles. The other 1500 fun high speed biking!
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 19 August 16 at 06:27
KBop a doo said:
Erik Seidel said:
I know for a fact it is in the US but I can't say for sure if it will in your specific region since these things always vary. A good idea is to check with your local retailer, here it has already popped up for pre-order at prominent retailers like GameStop, Amazon etc.
Thanks for the response. I couldn't find anything yet but I will just wait and see.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 August 16 at 16:51
Saiyan Ruuku said:
Sounds fun!

MarekVit said:
Dellfis said:

Because no achievements = no sale otherwise we might as well be sucky Nintendo players duh!
j12damax
j12damax
Posted on 01 September 16 at 00:51
My question is, will they fix the crew v. crew matchmaking?
"That was totally uncalled for, but a lot of fun to watch."
kevc99
kevc99
Posted on 08 September 16 at 22:47
Not be picking this up with no new achievements although this is fine for me as I'm still attempting to finish the game.
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 24 November 16 at 19:22
so no new achievements ? what a waste ... i liked the game, but not enough to just shell out $30 for something that doesnt have achievements ... i dont care call me broken or what have you but if a dlc doesnt add achievements it literally doesnt exist to me :/ just the way it goes, and i know a lot of other achievement hunters out there agree ... i can get new games for less then $30 that have 1k worth of achievements ... i liked the crew and i would have liked getting more achs but i didnt like it enough to just buy dlc to do pointless things on it
that guy
Christoph 5782
Posted on 07 December 16 at 18:29
R3f1CuL said:
so no new achievements ? what a waste ... i liked the game, but not enough to just shell out $30 for something that doesnt have achievements ... i dont care call me broken or what have you but if a dlc doesnt add achievements it literally doesnt exist to me :/ just the way it goes, and i know a lot of other achievement hunters out there agree ... i can get new games for less then $30 that have 1k worth of achievements ... i liked the crew and i would have liked getting more achs but i didnt like it enough to just buy dlc to do pointless things on it
I agree with that. Granted I don't just play games for achievements, but $25 for a kinda short DLC with no achievements is something I'm never going to buy. Maybe if it goes on sale for $5, maybe $10, but never $25.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.