Game Discussion: Gears of War 2 Forum

Social matches not working, bots on vacation?

AuthorMessage
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 13 February 19 at 18:32
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Wow so much arguing and you're both technically right. Let me set both of you straight, because none of this is new.

The maximum amount of exp you should be getting is whatever your Koth score = that much exp gained. Because this is a true 4x exp multiplied by the Koth ratio of .25, based on your calculations above(no one's math is wrong).

If you are getting half of your Koth score it's because you've connected on a server that is incorrectly adding the 2x multiplier(thus resulting in a 0.5 Koth score, but the multiplier of Koth is still 0.25). This happens sometimes, it is not new, it is not a change, it has been like this for years. In order to fix it you need to back out, restart/reconnect, or try a new host. This could take a few tries but eventually you'll get back to the 4x.
Thank you!
Just to set the values I'm working with straight: That means the actual 1x base value of each ring cap is 200 points? Like I said, I never played the game before all these changes and was under the impression that any points you get within the game are already multiplied by whatever factor. (As would happen in any other game)
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 13 February 19 at 18:34
Yes, I edited my response to make it simpler. Each ring capture/break should result in exactly the experience calculated.

There were some days boosting where we could never actually get the 4x multiplier to show up and we would just try again the next day. If Jackal cannot get the 4x to show up it may just be his connection to the Gears servers, so his question is fair to see if anyone is actually getting the advertised amount.
Dr Marty
Dr Marty
Posted on 10 March 19 at 14:04, Edited on 10 March 19 at 18:02 by Dr Marty
Have been getting 4X servers all weekend long. At 96% completion towards rank 100!

Leveled up from 88 to 94 in 7h (1.1M XP) on Saturday.
And then from 94 to 98 in 6h (890K XP) on Sunday.
Bruh Oh Em Gee
Posted on 10 May 19 at 07:09
So there isn't a fix for not being able to find bots in social?
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 10 May 19 at 12:55
Bruh Oh Em Gee said:
So there isn't a fix for not being able to find bots in social?
Normally when we had this issue, we would just call it a night and try again the next day. Given enough tries, it will finally push you through to a match. It's best to play as long as you can each time you can get on so you minimize the amount of times that this can happen to you... or other things...
LEEQAEX
LEEQAEX
Posted on 20 May 19 at 12:25
Worked fine yesterday getting into matches. Today no luck. Could possibly be taking too long to find other players, rather than putting me in an all bot match. Seems to work better with others players to join?
Lord Townicus
Lord Townicus
Posted on 07 July 19 at 12:30
7th July, came back to the game after months of not trying to boost the achievements as bots suddenly stopped working. Bots still not working.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.