Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Destiny Gamescom Livestream Details The Rise of Iron Expansion

• NetroDudeNetroDude1,289,543
    Posted on 21 August 16 at 16:38
    Can't wait for Rise Of Iron, almost at 100 days playtime now on destiny and it has certainly slowed down my achievement hunting by a huge amount.
  • CeprosCepros405,179
    Posted on 21 August 16 at 18:39
    Yeah can't wait for this! I'm actually really excited for both the PVE and PVP content. But knowing Destiny, it'll probably get stale a week or two after hard mode for the raid drops. Luckily there will be some great comes coming out around that time.
  • Patriot65108Patriot65108850,406
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 04:11
    I've recently started playing Destiny and honestly can say that this game is pretty much unplayable. Can't connect to servers constantly, game freezes repeatedly as well forcing me to restart game. I get it, there's probably a lot of people playing it now with new expansion getting to drop, but if you're forcing your customers to be connected to your servers to play the game but your servers can't handle the number of players that are on?! Come on Bungie! Me paying money for your broken mess of a game means I will not be buying your next game and repeating this mistake.
    http://99gamers.com/sig/500eaf4262d3/big.png
  • JblacqJblacq1,271,898
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 10:33
    Patriot65108 said:
    I've recently started playing Destiny and honestly can say that this game is pretty much unplayable. Can't connect to servers constantly, game freezes repeatedly as well forcing me to restart game. I get it, there's probably a lot of people playing it now with new expansion getting to drop, but if you're forcing your customers to be connected to your servers to play the game but your servers can't handle the number of players that are on?! Come on Bungie! Me paying money for your broken mess of a game means I will not be buying your next game and repeating this mistake.
    I haven't been having any problems playing on the One. What system are you on?
  • FeedMeHumansFeedMeHumans122,986
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 12:15
    Patriot65108 said:
    I've been playing the past month regularly and have had no problems except one time I got disconnected going to The Tower for like 5 seconds and had to set destination again. I thought it's been playing extremely well & can always get into matches.
    60% of the time, it works everytime.
  • Posted on 22 August 16 at 12:50
    Patriot65108 said:
    I'd say this isn't common for most users.
  • RomanAroundRomanAround925,916
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 14:18
    Patriot65108 said:
    I don't agree that it's a broken mess of a game. It's a solid 3 out of 5 game with occasionally brilliant moments in my opinion. As for your experience, that doesn't mirror mine at all. I have no trouble accessing or playing the game, regardless of the time of day or day of the week.

Perhaps your router has a problem, or local internet. I used to get kicked out of BF4, Destiny and GTA V constantly after switching from a Sky to a BT router. Once I replaced the BT router I've basically had 99% accessibility to all of my multiplayer games.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,305,297
    Posted on 22 August 16 at 15:31, Edited on 22 August 16 at 15:34 by Sera Di Siah
    Patriot65108 said:
    3000+ hours played here and in the past months / weeks I haven't had any problems like this, neither do any of the people I play with (who play just as much as me). All I can think of that it's a connection issue on your side, not Bungie.

Edit: You've only played this game for 4 hours... you honestly cannot judge the game after such a short period of time.
    I know what you did last summer...
  • Posted on 23 August 16 at 11:40
    Patriot65108 said:
    Oh good, another fake reason to jump on the bandwago of not liking the game.

I love it when people make things up to try to prove a point that actually isn't there.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN501,605
    Posted on 23 August 16 at 19:37, Edited on 23 August 16 at 19:39 by FOKENWOLFEN
    Destiny is definitely a game to play with friends or make new friends to play with. So if you jump solo in that game it won't be as much fun. And like others said check your router/network/connection settings. Also if if you started the game recently try for the refer a friend quest, that will take you through some game modes with a partner and make it fun while getting some exclusive items/weapons(sword).

(EDIT) BTW: Any words on achievements? (and for the quest its only on xbox one/PS4 and you'll need Taken King.)
  • Posted on 26 August 16 at 12:32, Edited on 26 August 16 at 12:33 by Dampfshopping
    I have some connection issues myself, but mostly when going to the Tower or the other social hub (it lags, thanks to my less-than-fast internet speed). Otherwise the game runs pretty great. It's not a great game, but for the measly amount of €13 (retail copy including The Taken King) I won't complain.

(Except maybe about the buggy achievement handling, but since the workaround fixes that, it's okay.)
  • Posted on 29 August 16 at 12:57
    I think rise of iron will be amazing but then again coming from someone who only plays Destiny, lol.
    Shine~
  • Posted on 05 September 16 at 08:18
    This expansion can't come soon enough for me! Need more content in Destiny!
    Twitter: @HeroicBishop
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads