The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 23rd, 2016

• Posted on 24 August 16 at 04:57
    I've been waiting for Alekhine's Gun to go on sale... tempting..
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974667,779
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 05:52
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    Probably gonna get Faery because it's back compat.

The $10 bundle has 3/4ths home which has all broken achievements just as a heads up.
    3/4 home was (and is?) only an issue for people who played it in February. There were severe syncing issues then between the game and Xbox live. People who start it now will have no problems. (I completed it myself as well.)
  • Alchemist xPTKxAlchemist xPTKx1,688,526
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 06:12
    I have the 360 games but the mars game. Would recommend them for the price. Faery wasn't great... but it somehow kept me naturally playing.

I did just buy mirrors edge from the sale. Loved the first one
  • Posted on 24 August 16 at 06:52
    Maesenko said:
    Oh look, Elite: Dangerous has appeared again, and this time in a better package than the last time it was on sale and I passed it up. Well, I told myself that the next time it was on sale I would pick it up, so glad I waited and I can now get the bundle!

Debating that 3-game pack, too.
    Don't dooooo it! Save your time and play something better that's not getting updates forever and ever.
  • EinhanderEinhander232,340 232,340 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 07:20
    Nice
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 August 16 at 07:41
    I'll take Titanfall. Need to knock some more achievements out on that one.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz555,340
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 08:21
    EddieM1974 said:
    ll Viper 61 ll said:
    Probably gonna get Faery because it's back compat.

The $10 bundle has 3/4ths home which has all broken achievements just as a heads up.
    3/4 home was (and is?) only an issue for people who played it in February. There were severe syncing issues then between the game and Xbox live. People who start it now will have no problems. (I completed it myself as well.)
    Nice one thanks for the update Eddie. I can finally start it without fear.
  • CBrip31CBrip3196,409
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 10:58
    No DLC at all? Heres me hoping for a sale for SW:BF's crazy season pass price
  • pezboybenpezboyben996,075
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 11:06
    I want more old arcade games that are backwards compatible for cheap, I have already bought Faery and Mars War Logs and haven't started either yet.
  • Posted on 24 August 16 at 14:50
    el teby said:
    Larvi said:
    el teby said:
    In terms of skate 3, the forums are inconclusive whether or not some achievements are obtainable. Can somebody put this clearly? Is skate 3 still 100% completable (dlc included) or not?
    I doesn't appear so. I just loaded up my copy and I'm unable to connect to skate online services which means that the 2 achievements to upload and rate community content would no longer work. It also looks like no one has gotten those achievements since the end of May.

But this has happened in the past and the service has been restored so it may work again in the future.
    Ok, it definitely feels like taking a risk. Gonna have to think about this one. Thanks
    It's a good game that's worth playing either way. Back when I was playing and completing it, the game's online service was very finicky. Things would seem to be offline, and then a week later, everything would be working again.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,442,111
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 15:17
    CBrip31 said:
    I'm waiting for that as well, then I'll go purchase a cheap retail copy. However, I would suspect you wouldn't see a discount until after the last DLC drops next spring after Rogue One comes out in theatres.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,030
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 15:41
    If you don't have Contrast (Xbox 360), I highly recommend it--75% off is too good to pass up.
  • SKOOT2006SKOOT2006819,286
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 15:49
    This is really hard to read with the dark theme enabled. Is it just me?
    You don't know what you don't know
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82475,761
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 16:38
    SKOOT2006 said:
    This is really hard to read with the dark theme enabled. Is it just me?
    No, not just you. It has been reported in here : Dark Theme Bugs/Changes

Still no fix.

I will pick up Faery, for that price, I'm not mad if it's a so-so game.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • LvxLvx294,709
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 21:42
    How many times have those 4 Arcade titles been on sale recently? Something new would be nice MS.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,603
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 22:37
    Contrast is very cheap but I'm trying to wind down my 360 backlog before finally jumping ship to a X1S.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • NickCremonezNickCremonez511,492 511,492 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 23:11
    Elite: Dangerous is worth it? been hearing good things about the game but as I am a Single Player focused gamer I don't know, it is possible to enjoy it playing solo?
  • Larvi1Larvi12,260,555
    Posted on 24 August 16 at 23:25
    The multiplayer in Elite is essentially an add-on. The original game was pretty much all solo focused so I would say yes, it's definitely possible.

That being said there is definitely a steep learning curve and whether or not you enjoy games that aren't constant action as you can spend a lot of time planning routes, orbiting worlds and docking at space stations and not actually shooting things. Although TA has it in the vehicular combat genre the heart of the game is actually a business sim where you try to run a successful business and make money to upgrade your ship either via trading, mining or bounty hunting.
  • TwobbyTwobby763,256
    Posted on 25 August 16 at 16:26
    Mike Pitch said:
    CBrip31 said:
    I'm waiting for that as well, then I'll go purchase a cheap retail copy. However, I would suspect you wouldn't see a discount until after the last DLC drops next spring after Rogue One comes out in theatres.
    It already went on sale on PSN.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,030
    Posted on 25 August 16 at 16:47
    MugenKairo said:
    Contrast is very cheap but I'm trying to wind down my 360 backlog before finally jumping ship to a X1S.
    Buy it now and play it when you're ready. It is a phenomenal game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.