Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 28 August 16 at 09:55
Please use this thread to discuss the Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call walkthrough
TheRealDrayton
Posted on 01 September 16 at 19:03
Looking forward to this. Your walkthroughs for all the Artifex Mundi games have been very helpful.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 06 September 16 at 05:23
Thanks. Hopefully this one is just as helpful. I'm sending it off for review and publishing tonight.
Archetype Axis
Posted on 07 September 16 at 01:24
Thanks for your hard work on this Mike.
Information Posted on 10 September 16 at 17:40
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call Walkthrough
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 10 September 16 at 17:44
Man, I bet you got tired of typing "zoom in" laugh
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 10 September 16 at 22:34
Yeah, but there's only so many ways you can say the same thing. smile
Simm
Simm
Posted on 03 November 16 at 20:59
Got 1000/1000 easily but I did notice a mistake. The achievement for solving 5 puzzles without skipping is located just after the 4th puzzle in the walkthrough but it should be after the 5th puzzle.
I thought I accidentally skipped a puzzle so I started over to be sure and unlocked the achievement 1 puzzle later than in the walkthrough.

This is the achievement that needs to be moved:
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's CallSmart cookieThe Smart cookie achievement in Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call worth 58 pointsFinish 5 puzzles in a row without skipping.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 03 November 16 at 21:18
Hmmm... I'll have to check that tonight (on another account). Just eyeballing the WT, it looks like it's on the 5th puzzle but maybe one of those doesn't actually count. I'm sure I also dropped it into the WT at the point it unlocked for me, although it's possible I reordered some steps while optimizing the solution (to prevent backtracking).
Simm
Simm
Posted on 04 November 16 at 07:07
Yes I think it must be one of the first puzzles that do not count. I still unlocked the achievement for all puzzles at the end of the game no problem. Anyways thank you for all your walkthroughs, they've been a huge help.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 05 November 16 at 03:44
I checked and you're right. The puzzle where you arrange the runes to get the bandage doesn't count. I've submitted an update to fix this. Thanks for the feedback. toast
EverStoned77
EverStoned77
Posted on 07 December 16 at 04:58
Great work :) but I did find a minor mistake in this walkthrough,specifically in the Bonus Chapter...
Scroll down to the 3rd picture & shortly after you'll find this section:

Zoom in on the wreckage on the right. Take the Golden Gear (3/5) from the left side. Clear the debris near the life ring to get an oilcan. Use it on the fishing reel. Reel in and take the Marine Seal.

Return to the bay. Search the wreckage on the left again for another hidden object scene. Solve it to get a Rapier.
However if you go directly from the Marine Seal to the bay there aren't any Hidden Object Scene available yet so first time around I actually thought the game had glitches on me & started the bonus chapter over only to have it happen again so again I searched through everything (except where I should have, forward facepalm D'oh) so with some YouTube help I realized that I probably had to continue forward after the fishing reel so I tried going forward to the next location (Armoire) where I took the Thread Cutter from the sand before going back to the bay & surely enough now the Hidden Object Scene had appeared so you might just have to enter the Armoire location for it to show smile
Kicking Grass & Smoking Ass,wait,what?!?
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 07 December 16 at 07:35
Good catch. I was able to confirm that you have to go forward to the Armoire (no need to actually do anything there) to get the scene to become available. I submitted an update for publishing.
Dwaggienite
Dwaggienite
Posted on 01 February 17 at 10:49, Edited on 02 February 17 at 13:00 by Dwaggienite
"Click on the bell on the top of the left pole and then click on the Seahorse (1/7) that appears at the bottom of the pole. Click on the sign on the left and then click on another Seahorse (2/7) that appears at the bottom of the nearby lamppost."

The sign is on the right.

-------

Backtrack all the way to the bedroom. Watch the scene and then search where the man was to get a Rebel Symbol. Zoom in on the left size and use the circle half on the box to open it. Take the Gunpowder.

Typo - Size -> Side

-------

Zoom out and go through the door. Zoom in on the door on the far size of the room and use the one eyed skull. Move each gem into place by sliding along the tracks.

Typo - size -> side

-------

Click on the bowl on the top of the left pillar to reveal a Seahorse (7/7) and unlock:

There is a pillar with a bowl at the top left of the screen. I got confused with this. I suggest maybe adjusting this sentence to read "click on the bowl on top of the pillar just to the right of the generator you have just turned on."
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 19 February 17 at 03:21
Thanks, Dwaggienite.

I saw this right after you posted it, but then forgot about it completely. I just submitted the corrections (which should be published shortly).

Thanks for the feedback. toast
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 19 February 17 at 03:33
Corrections published wave
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 05 March 17 at 18:01, Edited on 06 March 17 at 14:10 by Musquito
The Fish mini game at the fountain
Bottom left, top right
Top left, middle, bottom right
Bottom right, top right, top left, bottom left
Bottom middle-left, top left, bottom middle-right, top right, middle
Top left, bottom middle-left, middle, bottom middle-right, top right
-> top right

Zoom in on the printing press in the back left.
-> back right

Look on the upper left for a Parrot (18/18) to unlock:
-> Upper right

Zoom in on the wreckage on the right. Take the Golden Gear (3/5) from the left side. Clear the debris near the life ring to get an oilcan. Use it on the fishing reel. Reel in and take the Marine Seal.

*Missing Part*

Return to the bay. Search the wreckage on the left again for another hidden object scene. Solve it to get a Rapier.
-> Missing part: Go forward to the Armoire. Take the Pirate Hat from the desk.

Otherwise the hidden object scene does not become active. You mentioned that part further.
Take the Flintlock Pistol.

Return to the beach and zoom in on the base of the statue. Break the base with the hammer and take the Coat.

Go forward to the Armoire. Take the Pirate Hat from the desk.
You always get back what you reflected into the mirror.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 08 March 17 at 08:50
Corrections submitted. I suspect that like the other issue (above), you might only have to forward into the Armoire and don't actually have to take the hat at that point. But I'm too lazy to replay it again just to test that theory.

Thanks.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 08 March 17 at 16:27
Mike Marcelais said:
Corrections submitted. I suspect that like the other issue (above), you might only have to forward into the Armoire and don't actually have to take the hat at that point. But I'm too lazy to replay it again just to test that theory.

Thanks.
I am not sure, I believe I forwarded to the Armoire while looking for the solution, but nothing happened. Not 100% sure though.
You always get back what you reflected into the mirror.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.