Game Discussion: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

New DLC has appeared for Marvel Ultimate Alliance

• Information
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,399,086
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 17:46
    Don't tell me they were not included..
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,500,755
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 18:05
    They weren't, but my understanding is they were advertised to be and are being added free after Disney asked Activision "WTF you guys?"
  • neeker75neeker751,646,066
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 18:11
    Game did an update, and the eight characters are added into the roster automatically. However, achievements total on the console still shows 1,000G instead of 1,250G. Both packs cannot be found on the marketplace currently. I'd suggest to not use the new characters until the packs are actual, lest it doesn't count your kill progress towards the 250 kills required each.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,500,755
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 19:44
    Looking at this I'm not sure why these were split into two. As far as I can tell it's a single update that includes all the DLC content, not split like on the 360.
  • WebChimp UKWebChimp UK661,569
    Posted on 30 August 16 at 22:56, Edited on 30 August 16 at 22:57 by WebChimp UK
    neeker75 said:
    Game did an update, and the eight characters are added into the roster automatically. However, achievements total on the console still shows 1,000G instead of 1,250G. Both packs cannot be found on the marketplace currently. I'd suggest to not use the new characters until the packs are actual, lest it doesn't count your kill progress towards the 250 kills required each.
    Thanks for all the information neeker75 toast

alklein92201 said:
    Looking at this I'm not sure why these were split into two. As far as I can tell it's a single update that includes all the DLC content, not split like on the 360.
    We picked these ones up before anyone had earned any, and thus didn't really have much information to go on, but we figured it was likely to follow the same pattern as the Xbox 360 packs and split them as such. Although based on the information above we've now merged these back into a single Title Update for Marvel Ultimate Alliance pack and changed the classification too.

Thanks again for the info.
  • XEvilJimmyXXEvilJimmyX374,715
    Posted on 31 August 16 at 14:11
    Anyone else having problems with the achievements in the DLC? I tried an easy one just talk to jean grey as cyclops and nothing.
    Posted on 01 September 16 at 01:51, Edited on 01 September 16 at 02:57 by neeker75
    How did you attempt to have Cyclops and Jean talk? IIRC from the Xbox 360 version, the achievement unlocks only and specifically when you bring Cyclops into the Jean rescue mission in Mephisto's Realm, If you've already done that part, you'd need to start a new game.

My bigger headache now is how to get 250 kills with each of the new characters. They're all on Level 7 now, while my game is already at Level 35. I brought Hulk into a mission, and he basically died in 2-3 blows from some minions lol.

I'm thinking maybe to extract to Mephisto's Realm, and tossing leapers off the ledge repeatedly. Wondering if the five candles puzzle will still be available to do because I can't remember how I did those 250 kills achievements previously.

Also, off topic: TA stats says I've done 4,214 kills so far, but I've not gotten my achievement for 4,000 kills. I'm thinking the TA stats probably counted the 500 kills I did while reloading Wrenchworks for my 100 Arcade wins, but they probably didn't count for the achievement. Damn it. Now I've really lost count.
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,558,815
    Posted on 01 September 16 at 04:40
    neeker75 said:
    How did you attempt to have Cyclops and Jean talk? IIRC from the Xbox 360 version, the achievement unlocks only and specifically when you bring Cyclops into the Jean rescue mission in Mephisto's Realm, If you've already done that part, you'd need to start a new game.

My bigger headache now is how to get 250 kills with each of the new characters. They're all on Level 7 now, while my game is already at Level 35. I brought Hulk into a mission, and he basically died in 2-3 blows from some minions lol.
    What I did was
    1. start a new game with saved data on Easy
    2. use the training simulator on Asgard,
    3. use Deadpool with a maxed out Battle Cry for a ton of extra damage
    4. equip the dlc characters
    5. Equip asgard armor/dark uru hammer/white ring of mandarin/starbolt's flame for even more extra power damage. It's glitched in that while it says it applies only for a certain type of power, it actually works for all powers.

Takes about 2 hours for all 8
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,558,815
    Posted on 01 September 16 at 04:45
    If you want to get the dialogue achievements, use Deadpool to teleport through walls and run the game really quickly. You'd be surprised how fast you can clear everything that way.

The four dialogue spots are:

1. Cyclops (Act 2): After you beat Jean (bring him in before you go to Murderworld, so put him on your team as you get to Dr Strange's place/Hub World 2)

2. Magneto (Act 2): When you arrive at Mephisto's Realm. After you beat Murderworld, the next mission is Mephisto's Realm.

3. Sabertooth (Act 4): Near the beginning of Act 4, you'll have the first area with the locks and NPC Corsair. Shortly after, you'll have a section where you have to kill 2 enemies to get 2 keycards. After that is an Access point. You can save and place Sabertooth on your team there. Immediately after, you'll go down and face Gladator and get the dialogue. I believe there's another dialogue spot, but didn't use it.

4. Dr. Doom (Act 5): Right at the end of the game. Shouldn't miss it, because you should save before the final boss anyways. Act 5 will make you find a bunch of parts, and take you back to the central area with an Access point. If it makes you go up a spiral staircase and there's 15 collectible upgrades, then it's time.
    Posted on 02 September 16 at 06:52
    For the 250 kills with DLC characters, I just extracted to Sepulcher, and killed those rapidly spawning Demon Souls that die with 1-2 hits. No other effort needed. Takes about 15 minutes per character.

The enemies will run out after around two characters, so I just continue playing with the campaign, and go back later.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.