The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 6th, 2016

AuthorMessage
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
Posted on 07 September 16 at 14:19, Edited on 07 September 16 at 14:19 by NickHawkeye
not sure if its a mistake or something but the AC Season pass for Black flag showed up as "free" for me in the store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/assassins-creed-iv-b...

needless to say I grabbed that instead of buying freedom cry
Llamaman2
Llamaman2
Posted on 07 September 16 at 14:21
NickHawkeye said:
not sure if its a mistake or something but the AC Season pass for Black flag showed up as "free" for me in the store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/assassins-creed-iv-b...

needless to say I grabbed that instead of buying freedom cry
Same! Thanks for the heads up
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
Posted on 07 September 16 at 14:25, Edited on 07 September 16 at 14:31 by NickHawkeye
Ha actually I think I figured it out. I forgot they had a promotion if you purchased the season pass on 360 you got it for the ONE as well so that's probably why it showed up for me, I just forgot to go grab it when I finally got the ONE version

Either way I would check that out first toast
Masterpasje
Masterpasje
Posted on 07 September 16 at 15:07
For the first time EVER, Pacman, Pacman CE and Galaga are discounted. I've never understood why these familiar names haven't been pushed by Namco into the deals much more often.
One game is still oddly missing in this list, and that is the original Soulcalibur. Could Namco have forgotten that this game exists?
dirtysock47
dirtysock47
Posted on 07 September 16 at 16:00
Forza Season Pass and Freedom Cry for me.
TitianDan
TitianDan
Posted on 07 September 16 at 19:45
JimiDeluxe said:
ChewieOnIce said:
TitianDan said:
Tatl360 said:
TitianDan said:
Just brought the season pass and vip pass for forza and its not letting me install any of the content that they should both have? I have an xbox one, so does anyone know what to do about this? :/
There's this official explanation about how to access the content through the Season Pass:
http://support.xbox.com/games/game-titles/forza-horizon-seas...

I guess you have to proceed a bit in the game first?
(Sorry if I'm saying stupid things, I've not played yet. Some people are complaining about an achievement, so I'll wait...
Thanks for trying to help and linking a solution page :) sadly it only really helps for the 360 and not xbox one :/ i thought on my games and apps section or the game hub part where it says whats installed dlc wise for each game, it should come up saying whats ready to install but nothing other than the season pass and vip pass came up :/
That is correct. Once the Season Pass and VIP Pass are downloaded you need to launch the game and get to the point where you have access to the marketplace. You then download the available content through there.
... and it doesn't work. Been trying for a week to get the Season Pass content at the in game marketplace with no luck whatsoever. As I see it they're seling a Season Pass that no longer is supported.

Maybe they'll fix it with enough complaints...

Edit: ... and the miracle happen. It works now. It's not rock steady eddie but it works. If your Season Pass doesn't work... try and make a post about it :).
Brill, thanks guys :D
D Jones

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 September 16 at 22:37
I'm getting real tempted to buy Tales of Vesperia at that price!
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 08 September 16 at 01:19
I'm on the fence about Quest for Dungeons. I know achievements shouldn't make or break playing a game, but how tough of a completion is it?
Ask me about my rock collection.
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 08 September 16 at 10:43
Hitman GO (Win 8)
Costs 1 euro now.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 08 September 16 at 11:55
Hey guys, I need your advise.

Will you buy the bundle Dragon Ball xenoverse + Season pass or just the standard game? I mean the content on the season pass can make the achievements to get easy or it does not matter?

Thanks
A Guy Who Lived
Posted on 08 September 16 at 19:57
"Forza Horizon VIP Membership and Cars Pack" (does not contain achievements, but additional cars are required to obtain them)

What does this mean? "but additional cars are required to obtain them" what is them? the cars?
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 08 September 16 at 21:37, Edited on 08 September 16 at 21:39 by ChewieOnIce
A Guy Who Lived said:
"Forza Horizon VIP Membership and Cars Pack" (does not contain achievements, but additional cars are required to obtain them)

What does this mean? "but additional cars are required to obtain them" what is them? the cars?
The car packs do not contain achievements themselves but there are achievements in the game (specifically the 1000 Club Expansion Pack for Forza Horizon) that require you to have bought cars that aren't in the core game, but are in the additional car packs
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 08 September 16 at 21:40
Also Traitor's Keep for Fable III is free now. Sint know wether this is a price drop or an offer.
Jaychen0424
Jaychen0424
Posted on 09 September 16 at 02:56
A Guy Who Lived said:

get season pass its enough get 1500g
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 09 September 16 at 14:56
Just a heads up, in case for whatever reason you want to buy Assassin's Creed Unity, it's around £1.40/$1.89 on cdkeys.com.
A Guy Who Lived
Posted on 09 September 16 at 17:07
ChewieOnIce said:
A Guy Who Lived said:

The car packs do not contain achievements themselves but there are achievements in the game (specifically the 1000 Club Expansion Pack for Forza Horizon) that require you to have bought cars that aren't in the core game, but are in the additional car packs
Awesome thanks Chewie, I did get the season pass earlier this week great deal for all the content, but I was on the fence of getting the vip membership, are the cars worth 2.50$ that it comes with? For use in the base game, and dlc packs?
notion3000
notion3000
Posted on 11 September 16 at 01:25
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
Hitman GO (Win 8)
Costs 1 euro now.
or £0.79 in the UK. Until Friday 16th September 2016.
MrCoolness3
MrCoolness3
Posted on 11 September 16 at 05:56, Edited on 11 September 16 at 06:09 by MrCoolness3
Contrast may have a temporary or permanent price reduction. Currently it is $9.99 for the Xbox One version in the US.

Threes! also may have a temporary or permanent price reduction. Currently it is $4.99 in the US.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 11 September 16 at 09:41
MrCoolness3 said:
Contrast may have a temporary or permanent price reduction. Currently it is $9.99 for the Xbox One version in the US.

Threes! also may have a temporary or permanent price reduction. Currently it is $4.99 in the US.
These are likely permanent reduction as the new Microsoft store differentiates sales quite clearly with discount lengths etc
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 11 September 16 at 10:16, Edited on 11 September 16 at 10:17 by Pare ESP
ChewieOnIce said:
MrCoolness3 said:

These are likely permanent reduction as the new Microsoft store differentiates sales quite clearly with discount lengths etc
Toro has also dropped the price to 5 euros. It was initially at 19.99 euros!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.