Game Discussion: Forza Horizon

Rally Rivals Currently Unattainable

• Jamiereloaded23Jamiereloaded231,797,650
    Posted on 07 September 16 at 16:30
    Since Forza Horizon has joined the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility list the servers have been really unreliable. The 1000 club still works although that can be a little hit & miss, however one of the achievements that is found in the Rally Expansion currently cannot be unlocked. The achievement in question is Rally Rivals, and this is because the servers for whatever reason are unable to connect. If you try and access the rivals section one of three things will happen:

1) A notification saying this feature has currently been disabled and to check ForzaMotorsport.net will appear.

2) A different notification saying that the servers are currently unavailable will appear.

3) You'll actually be able to get into the Rivals section but it will constantly search before coming up with an error.

If anyone finds a way to get around these issues somehow or manages to connect to the Rivals section and unlock the achievement could they please post here for others to see. At the time of writing the last time this achievement was unlocked by someone on TrueAchievements was September 2nd, so hopefully this issue gets resolved at some point in the not too distant future.
  • KEVIN 737KEVIN 737583,334
    Posted on 07 September 16 at 16:53, Edited on 07 September 16 at 16:57 by KEVIN 737
    This achievement is still obtainable. Sure the servers are unreliable at the moment but you can sill get this achievement. It did take a while to connect to the server but if it searches just select the right stage and give it a few minutes. If you get a message about the server being unavailable, try again. It took me about an hour maybe to get this achievement. For me this achievement was a lot easier to complete than getting even 1 registered gold medal.

The best advice I can give you is to either wait a while so the servers can stabilize or just keep trying.
  • YinYin1,008,823
    Posted on 07 September 16 at 19:22
    KEVIN 737 said:
    This achievement is still obtainable. Sure the servers are unreliable at the moment but you can sill get this achievement. It did take a while to connect to the server but if it searches just select the right stage and give it a few minutes. If you get a message about the server being unavailable, try again. It took me about an hour maybe to get this achievement. For me this achievement was a lot easier to complete than getting even 1 registered gold medal.

The best advice I can give you is to either wait a while so the servers can stabilize or just keep trying.
    "This feature has been temporarily disabled. Please see ForzaMotorsport.net for more info."

Looks like it's unobtainable as of right now. It's been like this for a few days, even during periods of minimal player population.
    Player Engagement and Features staff at DestinyTracker & HaloTracker. Come stop by!
  • KEVIN 737KEVIN 737583,334
    Posted on 07 September 16 at 20:58
    Yin said:
    KEVIN 737 said:

"This feature has been temporarily disabled. Please see ForzaMotorsport.net for more info."

Looks like it's unobtainable as of right now. It's been like this for a few days, even during periods of minimal player population.
    Then just ignore what I said. I just figured that since he got those other errors as well not much would have changed in those days. I Guess I was wrong.
    [URL=http://www.trueachievements.com/KEVIN+737.htm][IMG]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/KEVIN+737.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Posted on 08 September 16 at 12:43
    KEVIN 737 said:

The achievement currently is NOT obtainable, and that is due to the faults that I mentioned in my initial post. I've been checking every single day on an hourly basis and have had the three different notifications which is why I posted them as well. Annoyingly if you go to the website as it asks there is absolutely no information related to this problem at all. As I mentioned previously, if anyone finds a way around this or finds that the online works when you enter Rivals mode on the Rally Expansion DLC please post here.
  • Posted on 08 September 16 at 13:58
    Really hope it just isn't the servers shutting down on us. I don't wan to have yet another game on my card with unobtainables. It was bad enough that I had to grind out Project Spark with two months left before the server shut down
  • ezhnoezhno432,868
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 02:34
    Posting on here isn't necessarily a bad idea but a lot of the attention should be focused on the official forza forums. Turn 10 generally don't seem to care too much about players losing their data, players who never get sent gift cars that they're entitled to or earned from one of their own sponsored events, and generally anything to do with DLC. However, they typically will restore services that are not functioning properly.

tl;dr harass the forums and email to forzafb@microsoft.com
  • Posted on 09 September 16 at 05:51
    I played for hours last night online and had no issues - need to dig into the rivals, but I don't expect any trouble. I've gotten the cars I am entitled to as well.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 11:55
    Twinkling82 said:
    I played for hours last night online and had no issues - need to dig into the rivals, but I don't expect any trouble. I've gotten the cars I am entitled to as well.
    Playing online and playing the Rivals mode are 2 completely different things. I've been able to get online and play multiplayer, but today I have tried 7 seperate times to get onto Rivals and I still get the same errors I posted earlier.

ezhno said:
    Posting on here isn't necessarily a bad idea but a lot of the attention should be focused on the official forza forums. Turn 10 generally don't seem to care too much about players losing their data, players who never get sent gift cars that they're entitled to or earned from one of their own sponsored events, and generally anything to do with DLC. However, they typically will restore services that are not functioning properly.

tl;dr harass the forums and email to forzafb@microsoft.com
    I did notice that turn 10 aren't very receptive to any emails, tweets or forum posts that highlight these sorts of problems. I hope that once the next GwG launches next friday the craziness around Forza Horizon will subside and they'll fix whatever is causing the issue.
  • ezhnoezhno432,868
    Posted on 09 September 16 at 17:52
    Jamiereloaded23 said:
    I did notice that turn 10 aren't very receptive to any emails, tweets or forum posts that highlight these sorts of problems. I hope that once the next GwG launches next friday the craziness around Forza Horizon will subside and they'll fix whatever is causing the issue.
    Yep. I, and many others, are still missing cars we were supposed to receive for every game all the way back to Motorsport 3. They're really not a group concerned with community care. But, like I said, they typically do restore services that aren't meant to be down. On the other side of that, they don't communicate well with the players so we're always left guessing is something is supposed to go down or not.
  • BacavoitBacavoit288,404
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 05:01
    ezhno said:
    Yep. I, and many others, are still missing cars we were supposed to receive for every game all the way back to Motorsport 3.
    So far I have deduced that there is something wrong with Xbox One reading X360 cloud saved files, so if you are playing on an Xbox One with games that were played on a X360 you won't see them.

The same thing just happened to me on Bayonetta. I had finished the game a couple of years ago and today I tried to pull my saved files but I couldn't reach them and had to start all over again. It is basically the same thing that is happening with Forza 3 and Forza Horizon using the Xbox One.
  • Posted on 10 September 16 at 05:21
    To get your saved files from X360 to One, you need to upload them to cloud on the X360 and the One will automatically pull them. You can't use file transfer with a USB stick.
    gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
  • ezhnoezhno432,868
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 05:58
    Bacavoit said:
    So far I have deduced that there is something wrong with Xbox One reading X360 cloud saved files, so if you are playing on an Xbox One with games that were played on a X360 you won't see them.
    It has nothing to do with saves, the game, or the platform. Every single time a Forza game releases, they do not successfully deliver all of the earned cars to all players. This has happened for nearly a decade now and their response is typically either to ignore it or claim that their delivery method is flawless.

Turn 10 is not the most consumer friendly company and that is why I have a lot of issues with them. It leaves the question of whether they'll restore services very worrisome.
  • BacavoitBacavoit288,404
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 14:09
    Twinkling82 said:
    To get your saved files from X360 to One, you need to upload them to cloud on the X360 and the One will automatically pull them. You can't use file transfer with a USB stick.
    MY saves were uploaded at the time I was playing the games and had my X360.

With Bayonetta I coulnd't get my save file but I actually ended up overwriting it when I started playing yesterday.
  • ScrapcanScrapcan745,228
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 02:16
    Don't know if it's working for some. Saw that a couple of people were able to unlock both rival achievements sometime today. When I saw this I signed in and tried accessing the Rivals menu but had no luck. Just got the "feature is temporarily disabled".
    Gimme the loot
  • KoldomordorKoldomordor399,000
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 07:19
    I was able to access rivals mode once yesterday, 9 more to go.
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 08:26
    This is great news, hopefully they are starting to restore the functionality so we'll all be able to get it soon. This is the only achievement I need to finish the game so I would like to get this done asap.
  • Posted on 11 September 16 at 15:26
    It's not just Rally Rivals, but just rivals in general that is, for lack of a better term, off
    Posted on 12 September 16 at 13:33
    Ok so today I'm able to get into the Rivals section without any issues, but unfortunately it still isn't able to find the times of an opponent for me to race against. I'm hoping that this is some sort of progress towards them fixing the issue, and I noticed that a couple of people have picked up the achievement in the last few days. As always if I manage to get in and work on the achievement I'll post here immediately.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 17:05
    I was wondering why for the past week or 2 that I wasn't able to access the Rivals Section. And the same msg saying "This feature has been temporarily disabled. Please see ForzaMortosport.ne for more info"......
    TorridestMoss
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.