Game Discussion: Rocket League Forum

Rocket League - Item Trading

AuthorMessage
D3LTA
D3LTA
Posted on 09 September 16 at 02:12, Edited on 14 September 16 at 09:12 by Yazite
I posed this question on the solution for Budding Artist but maybe it's better suited as a thread discussion.

Now that trading items is available via the recent title update, I was wondering if it would unlock the Budding Artist (for getting a painted item) and assist with getting the certified item for the other achievements. Would anyone be interested in testing it out?
D3LTA
D3LTA
Posted on 09 September 16 at 03:26
Update -- I just traded my certified item (92/250) to a fried for a painted item. He unlocked 'One Better' for increasing the level of a certified item. However, I did not unlock 'Budding Artist' for obtaining a painted item. He then traded the certified item back to me and I noticed that the progress had been reset (0/250). Not sure why he unlocked 'One Better'.
J2B9
J2B9
Posted on 09 September 16 at 22:19
I'm down to help test this. I need a painted item. Hopefully we can try and get it to work. I have a certified item for saves.
D3LTA
D3LTA
Posted on 09 September 16 at 22:44
Can confirm this works, just got another painted item from a trade and popped the achievement. Guess the first one was just buggy.
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 10 September 16 at 07:12
I was wondering if this would work. If anyone is able to trade me a certified item that is easy to level up, let me level it up then trade it back, I'd really appreciate it. The only certified item I have so far is for turtle goals which is pretty much useless!
RocketRac3r
RocketRac3r
Posted on 10 September 16 at 09:48
I need a certified item with a easy target to level up. Is there someone who wants to help me?
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 10 September 16 at 16:08
Im also looking for a certified item with a manageable requirement for ranking up, i have painted items i can offer
Chrisskills
Chrisskills
Posted on 11 September 16 at 16:41
I have a certified item for getting wins, looking for a painted item in return if anyone can help.
RocketRac3r
RocketRac3r
Posted on 11 September 16 at 19:15
Still searching for a certified item, have a lot of painted items.
NitrousSpeed
NitrousSpeed
Posted on 12 September 16 at 06:07, Edited on 12 September 16 at 06:11 by NitrousSpeed
Chrisskills said:
I have a certified item for getting wins, looking for a painted item in return if anyone can help.
Do u still have ur Certified Item? Can I have it so I can help a friend get the achievement to Max the game?
Terrificy
Terrificy
Posted on 12 September 16 at 09:27
I traded for a painted item, and the achievement did not unlock before I started a match with the item equipped. Just throwing that out in case anyone else doesn't have the achievement unlock after trading.

Aaaand I'm looking for any certified item, if anyone has one.
Dog Day Psycho
Posted on 12 September 16 at 12:37
I have a painted item to trade for a certified item if anybody is interested, preferably one that is reasonable to level up. message me on TA or live if interested, Thanks!
UnluckyCinamon
Posted on 12 September 16 at 13:15
I have a painted one ready to exchange for a reasonable certified item. hit me up if you're up for the trade
TangerineGamer
Posted on 12 September 16 at 15:03
Weird, I traded a painted item to a friend and he didn't pop the achievement even after starting a game
Yours sincerely, TG
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 12 September 16 at 15:32
TangerineGamer said:
Weird, I traded a painted item to a friend and he didn't pop the achievement even after starting a game
Pretty sure someone mentioned you need to level up the item before getting the achievement.
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
TangerineGamer
Posted on 12 September 16 at 15:38
Twinkling82 said:
TangerineGamer said:
Pretty sure someone mentioned you need to level up the item before getting the achievement.
Certified items need to be leveled up for achievements:
Rocket LeagueOne BetterThe One Better achievement in Rocket League worth 67 pointsIncrease the level of a Certified Item

Rocket LeagueCertifiableThe Certifiable achievement in Rocket League worth 76 pointsEarn Veteran status for your Certified Item

The painted item just needs to be collected:
Rocket LeagueBudding ArtistThe Budding Artist achievement in Rocket League worth 45 pointsCollect a Painted Item
Yours sincerely, TG
forkbomb
forkbomb
Posted on 13 September 16 at 05:36
Is someone available to quickly trade a painted item with me? I have one but the achievement didn't unlock.
Outsider618
Outsider618
Posted on 13 September 16 at 05:37
Forkbomb hey man i have one too if u wanna try with me?
forkbomb
forkbomb
Posted on 13 September 16 at 06:06
i was able to get the painted item achievement through a trade but outsider was not. we tried all sorts of things -- trading multiple painted items at once, quitting and restarting the game, hard resets; nothing seemed to work for him. i have no idea why it worked for me, even though we were trading the exact same items back and forth.
Living Legends
Posted on 13 September 16 at 06:17
Anyone have a certified item they can loan me that's is nkt too difficult to level up? I would greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately i do nkt have a pair Ted item or a different certified item to trade
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.