Game Discussion: NBA 2K17: The Prelude

The Prelude Game Save Problem

• T1TANMONKEYT1TANMONKEY1,385,642
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 10:19
    I'd already verified it before I started the game.
  • Bridge188Bridge1881,397,301
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 12:00
    I never bothered to verify, used a fake email address, and it worked fine
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 12:57
    I'm currently waiting for 2K to delete all trace of my gamertag from their Prelude servers, which they have agreed to do.
    I'll update here when it's done to confirm if I can access the career mode again.
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 13:00, Edited on 16 September 16 at 13:01 by T1TANMONKEY
    2K finally deleted my tag from The Prelude servers and I was able to play it again, unlocking my last two achievements.
    Simply file a ticket with their support asking them to do the same and you can play it again.
    Alternatively someone found a different method, I never tried this so I can't verify it works Igneus DarkSide's blog post - Restarting NBA 2k17 Prelude after a glitch/freeze
  • RegeRege955,727
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 17:58, Edited on 16 September 16 at 19:44 by Rege
    This is more of a way how to restart NBA 2k17 Prelude if the game froze on you
    (like it did for me) and it wont let you back in saying you finished it.

So after quite a lot of tries and errors, I managed to get it restarted and I
    got all the achievements I thought were glitched out for me.

So here it is, step by step:

1. Go to your games and apps, on the NBA 2k17 Prelude and choose Manage game
    2. Go to your save data, choose it and Delete Everywhere (You might have to do this 2-3 times until it dissapears)
    3. On your X1 go to Settings - Network - Go Offline.
    4. Now start the NBA 2k17 Prelude. It should start by creating a new player, do that and nothing else.
    5. Double tap the guide button to get the X1 menu and choose Connect to Xbox Live (It will take you to the Network screen, choose Go Online there). Wait until it shows your NAT
    6. Go back to the game (It should have stayed on) and go straight to 2KU (Tutorial game)
    7. Let it start, jump for the ball, take a shot or let them take a shot.
    8. Pause it and go to Camera. Change anything there, and exit saving it. THIS IS IMPORTANT - There should be a ball in the lower right corner signaling that it saves to the servers.
    9. Then go to quit the tutorial.
    10. After that wait a second or two and the other tiles should be working.
    11. Enjoy replaying anything that glitched out on you.

All credits goes to Igneus DarkSide
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
  • Igneus DarkSideIgneus DarkSide1,402,743
  • RegeRege955,727
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 19:41, Edited on 16 September 16 at 19:46 by Rege
    Igneus DarkSide said:
    You could have just linked to my blog post about it or at least link the gamertag :)
    but yeah, glad if it helps to someone

You can find how to do it step by step here:
    Igneus DarkSide's blog post - Restarting NBA 2k17 Prelude after a glitch/freeze
    Sorry mate, I didn't know about the blog.Updated your gamertag ;)Thanks for your help !
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
  • xX Gambit69 XxxX Gambit69 Xx1,014,632
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,686
    Posted on 17 September 16 at 06:35
    Very clever workaround Igneus DarkSide!
  • Igneus DarkSideIgneus DarkSide1,402,743
    Posted on 17 September 16 at 18:00
    Im just happy it helped you all. Keep achievement hunting guys and gals
    GTASC 2012 top 3 team: Freak Nation
  • Posted on 18 September 16 at 13:57
    Igneus thx for your tips is working fine ++
  • SinabroSinabro415,524
    Posted on 19 September 16 at 03:54
    Igneus DarkSide's solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads