Game Discussion: NBA 2K17: The Prelude Forum

Anyone having massive problems trying to play this?

AuthorMessage
Chardcore
Chardcore
Posted on 10 September 16 at 00:15
I managed to sign in, create my dude, do a tutorial game, but I literally cannot do anything else. Says that I keep having connection problems and throwing error codes that don't work on the website. Constantly crashes back to the main screen. Can't advance my career because it's stuck in that "generating stats" part and will not progress past it. Can't even delete the save and start over because they warn you not to. Already rebooted everything and everything else works fine.

Good thing it's free, I guess.
Shank1998
Shank1998
Posted on 10 September 16 at 02:18
i had that earlier but seems to be fixed now
PhillipWendell
Posted on 10 September 16 at 05:51
I got the same thing too but I deleted my player thinking that I could just recreate it. I'd like to finish the game to get the rest of the achievements but now says that I've already played and can't progress further. Hopefully 2K will make a concession in these cases.
dubaitaib
dubaitaib
Posted on 10 September 16 at 08:12
Phillip, just push them in 2ksupport, I am doing that to see If I can get a retry on this game...
Har Miggido
Har Miggido
Posted on 10 September 16 at 19:03
yeah, i'm shit!
Endlessdomo771
Posted on 10 September 16 at 20:29
Can Anyone help me so when i start the game up its all fine everything works no lag no nothing so when i try to create my player i try to enter my email or my name and last name it will freeze and when i wait a while it will exit out the game and go back to the dashboard
TooKhajiit2Quit
Posted on 14 September 16 at 02:52
Leave it to 2k servers to be garbage. I was playing and almost finished with the achievements and then I was disconnected from their servers. Now I can't continue in the MyCareer section as it tells me there is an issue with my connection to their servers. Nothing else I own has a connection issues with anything. I have reset my modem. Reauthorized my modem. Opened all ports. Nat set to open. And still this pos game won't let me connect to their bs servers. Their status website shows the servers are up and no issues. Anyone else experience this and have found a fix???
T1TANMONKEY
T1TANMONKEY
Posted on 14 September 16 at 03:23
TeagAles said:
Leave it to 2k servers to be garbage. I was playing and almost finished with the achievements and then I was disconnected from their servers. Now I can't continue in the MyCareer section as it tells me there is an issue with my connection to their servers. Nothing else I own has a connection issues with anything. I have reset my modem. Reauthorized my modem. Opened all ports. Nat set to open. And still this pos game won't let me connect to their bs servers. Their status website shows the servers are up and no issues. Anyone else experience this and have found a fix???
Exact same problem after my 5th game, I can't get back in either. I had a little hope when I deleted my save from everywhere and it let me create a new player but then the same bs connection message.
Tried 2 dummies accounts... they magically can connect.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 14 September 16 at 03:42, Edited on 14 September 16 at 03:43 by Dark Death 90
Go to your email, and verify the 2k account you set up. That fixed the problem for me.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
theEchness
theEchness
Posted on 15 September 16 at 13:22
Dark Death 90 said:
Go to your email, and verify the 2k account you set up. That fixed the problem for me.
Just did this and it worked for me. I'm finally able to connect online.
T1TANMONKEY
T1TANMONKEY
Posted on 16 September 16 at 13:04
Igneus DarkSide's blog post - Restarting NBA 2k17 Prelude after a glitch/freeze

I never tried this method so can't verify it works.

I requested that 2K remove all trace of my gamertag from The Prelude servers, which they did and I was able to play through it a second time, unlocking my last 2 achievements.
Chardcore
Chardcore
Posted on 16 September 16 at 22:09
Dark Death 90 said:
I never got an email from them. Not in spam either.
GoCrazyClay
Posted on 08 January 17 at 16:10
My 2k keep freezing at the create my player screen or enter email screen
Prattalmighty
Prattalmighty
Posted on 15 May 17 at 02:39
This game won't even load for me past the logo screen, now
Follow me on LIVE & Twitter! LIVE: prattalmighty Twitter : @pratt_jwa
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 27 May 17 at 01:20
I had this same issue the other day, not sure if they killed the service.
Then again there would probably have been some news somewhere if they had.
SkormsGhost
SkormsGhost
Posted on 01 January 18 at 05:52
Idk if anyone will see this but when I try to play the bonus game it just says loading and won't let me select anything, anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? I've al ready restarted the game one by deleying everything and still nothing...cry
Aki2403
Aki2403
Posted on 02 January 18 at 08:58
SkormsGhost said:
Idk if anyone will see this but when I try to play the bonus game it just says loading and won't let me select anything, anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? I've al ready restarted the game one by deleying everything and still nothing...cry
I've had this problem all day yesterday. I did the delete save data trick and re-did the game, I deleted the game and re-installed, and tried moving the game to the internal drive, all with no luck. Kept having problems with the servers though, so I'm hoping it's to do with that and nothing more sinister.
RogueXMartyr420
Posted on 02 January 18 at 09:30
I am also having issues with the bonus match not loading. Played through on a second account and got the same results. Tried doing the glitch workaround and played through again and still nothing.
IGhostV12I
IGhostV12I
Posted on 03 January 18 at 08:57
Same thing here , waiting for 2K to fix this.
Bobblehead Joe
Posted on 03 January 18 at 22:26
Yeah, having the same problem with mine as well. Knowing 2k, there won't be a patch to fix this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.