Game Discussion: NBA 2K17: The Prelude

2K Support answer to "Already Played" bug/error

• Luka MerakiLuka Meraki249,840
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 23:27, Edited on 11 September 16 at 07:23 by Luka Meraki
    My game froze during the last game and when I got back the game just said that I already played it. I erased my game save to see If that would fix it, but only made things worst. After telling 2k Support all I wrote here, this was their first answer

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I know that you want to get back on the court, so I'm going to do all I can to help you out.

From what I understand, you downloaded the Prelude and are met with the message "We have detected that you have already played NBA 2K17: The Prelude. You will be able to replay it in NBA 2K17.".

Let's start by doing a bit of basic troubleshooting; we recommend starting with a [B]cache clear[/B], this is a common solution to many issues that NBA 2K gamers experience so let me know if it clears things up for you.

Hopefully that helped! I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you but we will do our utmost to get you back on the courts.

Should you have any additional 2K related questions, please feel free to let us know in your next message.
    After doing that, nothing was solved of course. I even tried to switch my Xbox One to a different region and reinstall The Prelude from that store. Nothing. So I came back to tell them just that. This was their answer.

Thank you for getting back in touch with 2K support!

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing issues and not able to play The Prelude.

[B]If you want to play the only way would be to create a new account.[/B]

As we are technical support, we do not have the capability to reset anything unfortunately.

Should you have any other 2K related questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!

See you on the courts,
    I felt a little bit mad since I stated in various messages that I already played the game in other accounts, I just wanted the possibility to play in the same account. So I came back to tell them just that and beg them to read my messages and not send me a premade answer like that. If they don't have the tools, I could understand. So here was the final answer.

Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

As already suggested, if you wish you play The Prelude after experiencing the 'play again' error you will have to create a new account.

This is the only available solution, we apologize for the inconvenience.

[B]The NBA 2K17 Prelude is a demo mode and as such you only get one play through.[/B]

You'll be able to continue your MyCareer journey with the release of NBA 2K17!

We're happy you enjoyed The Prelude, and if you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us!
    At this point it feels like talking to a wall. I guess I have to be in peace with it, knowing they won't patch s**t and that 2k support can not help with a matter not that big...
  • xframecodexxframecodex635,049
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 23:35
    Same for me. I opened a ticket, they give me an answer in 2 hours (WOW!) asking my gamertag to solve the problem. I gave them my GT and I just receive in one hour a premade answer "Sorry but we can do nothing".

Now I've blackmailed them, I will SURE put some shit on their games.

This problem is something I can belive, I can't find any reason why I can only play a demo ONCE.

Fuck you 2k, now I'm sure I will never buy any of your buggy game.
    \\*//
    Posted on 10 September 16 at 23:40
    They gave me 3 premade answer in 2 freaking days... All to get that I am screwed and that DEMOS, are meant to be played once...

Maybe the solution is to tell them that I want to spend 300$ in the store and I can't get inside because of that error. Maybe with that they would work....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 September 16 at 01:22
    dubaitaib said:
    They gave me 3 premade answer in 2 freaking days... All to get that I am screwed and that DEMOS, are meant to be played once...

Maybe the solution is to tell them that I want to spend 300$ in the store and I can't get inside because of that error. Maybe with that they would work....
    Should of told them that from the start! laugh

But this definitely sucks for you chosen few. I hope they work out the issues.
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 13:19
    And final reply from them

Thank you for getting back in touch with 2K support! I'm sorry that you're still not able to play The Prelude.

As of now, there aren't any plans to release a patch for the demo.

Since the Prelude is a one-time play demo only, the only work around is to create a new account.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the disruption of your game play.

Should you have any other 2K related questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!

See you on the courts,
    So yeah, fuck us because we are still shit to them.
  • planting42planting422,094,242
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 14:18
    Boycot 2k.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
  • iViluxiVilux553,011
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 17:59
    The achievements should be flagged as partially unobtainable/discontinued.
  • FigbenderFigbender801,721
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 19:30, Edited on 11 September 16 at 19:31 by Figbender
    Just flagging them as buggy would suffice.

It really does suck for the folks this has happened to, but i am not surprised at how shoddy 2k "tech support" is
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,135,159
    Posted on 11 September 16 at 20:40
    Technically, if there really is no fix for this issue PDU is more applicable than just Buggy-. It would fall under the "Partially Unobtainable" half of the flag, indicating that the achievements can become impossible to unlock under certain circumstances. Someone shold probably make a GI submission.
  • Posted on 12 September 16 at 03:28
    planting42 said:
    Boycot 2k.
    Agree! For me to buy a game made by them it now has to be a game I really cant be without. This is bullshit! I wont touch this demo game when I can, that's for sure.
  • iViluxiVilux553,011
    Posted on 12 September 16 at 16:26
    MattiasAnderson said:
    planting42 said:
    Boycot 2k.
    Agree! For me to buy a game made by them it now has to be a game I really cant be without. This is bullshit! I wont touch this demo game when I can, that's for sure.
    It's a rare error. If you have a decent connection, go for it.
  • Posted on 12 September 16 at 18:30
    Same problem stuck on 450G never get 1K on this..
    F..K 2K
  • BreakingPad68BreakingPad681,088,566
    Posted on 12 September 16 at 22:20
    Where is The Problem to create a new Account? Take 2minutes...i guess You Need only a email and a birth date...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 September 16 at 22:57, Edited on 13 September 16 at 00:08 by
    BreakingPad68 said:
    Where is The Problem to create a new Account? Take 2minutes...i guess You Need only a email and a birth date...
    You know they're talking about new Live accounts, right? Which is an issue.

(I might be wrong)
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,902,899
    Posted on 12 September 16 at 23:37, Edited on 12 September 16 at 23:37 by The Globalizer
    BreakingPad68 said:
    Yeah, I was going to ask this - I had to create a 2K account for the first time to do this game (I don't play recent 2K sports games), so I have to assume it's possible to create a new account and attach it to your GT. Maybe dumpster your 2K account and retry the demo that way?
  • JoonasJoonas413,116
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 01:42
    Start the game, finish it. Don't do anything else at the same time That'st the safest bet to get the all the achievements.
  • Red HysteriaRed Hysteria888,069
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 02:01
    I also tried the 2K support ticket. By god, they are the worst customer support front for any company in gaming. Looks like we are all locked out for good. The only thing they will do is peddle the full game on you.

No other company (in general) has this as a sales tactic. Piss off the customer, then tell them to buy more from you? Great...
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 08:25
    I was able to get somewhat of a real reply on the issue:

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are not able anymore to play the Prelude again. Thank you for alerting us about it, it is extremely precious for us when our players help us to keep the game free of any technical issues. And it is because of the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this Prelude issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution.
    So whether that will really happen or not, I don't know, but it seems like they may be trying to do something. I didn't even get to play because I wanted to change colleges before I really started.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy2,500,224
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 08:49
    ^probably got enough complaints and reports to make it worthwhile to fix, it seems.

Good to hear all around if they are working on it. I mean, I realize it's a free demo and all so there's really nothing in it for them to fix it besides very important customer service/reputation but still. Good for them, good for everyone else.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • TNTTNT84,105 84,105 GamerScore
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 09:07
    Hope they fix it or at least let us earn the prelude achievements in the full game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads