Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

NBA 2K17: The Prelude Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 12 September 16 at 08:48
    Please use this thread to discuss the NBA 2K17: The Prelude walkthrough
  • Information
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,182,162
    Posted on 21 September 16 at 15:02
    Having read the Volunteer Thread for WT's, here is the problem that was mentioned by THEpaynexkiller.

It is possible for the game to believe you finished the demo and not allow you to continue. This has made it appear that achievements are unobtainable or locked permanently. One of the solutions shows how you could restart if something goes wrong by Igneus DarkSide:

NBA 2K17: The PreludeSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NBA 2K17: The Prelude worth 266 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
  • firehazardcsfirehazardcs316,485
    Posted on 28 December 16 at 19:19, Edited on 28 December 16 at 19:26 by firehazardcs
    I just completed this game and used the walkthrough. I think the walkthrough could use some improvements. Using the companion app helps, but the walkthrough doesn't mention the name of the companion app, which is "My NBA 2K17". Also, the following achievement unlocks after the 4th game, not the 5th game, which the walkthrough incorrectly states.

NBA 2K17: The PreludeSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in NBA 2K17: The Prelude worth 60 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Additionally, the walkthrough has the path to unlocking several achievements out of order. I had to create my player before I could play the tutorial. And in order to access the shop, you need to play your first game. So the walkthrough tells you to unlock certain achievements in an order that is not possible.

Finally, I also don't think the walkthrough should contain the sarcasm, hyperboles, and personal comments the author added. This is a walkthrough, not a review. All I want to see are the facts on how to earn the achievements. Examples of parts that I don't think need to be in the walkthrough are listed below:

"Be warned this game is extremely grindy, and you will end slaving away for ages to get the full 1000G, but on the upside this game is free, all it costs is your soul!"

"magnificent and totally not cringe worthy"

"Well, if you wait a moment I'll tell you."

"and apparently the referee doesn't like it when you do that,"

"like a spoilsport"

"See? I told you I'd tell you how to do if it you just waited."

"So you've read the last pages, and you said to yourself "After all the helpful advice I have been given I still feel like having a massive grinding session." Well, you're in luck, read on and I will tell you how to complete this beast of a game."

"like a selfish hog"

"Ever wondered what it would be like to give a pro basketball player plastic surgery? No? Me neither, but"

"make sure you make him freakishly tall, and have the arm span of a gorilla"

"For the next pain staking achievement, "

"and what clothes your band mates who play flutes with their noses will be wearing (seriously check it out, those girls are clearly inhaling those flutes)"

"Whoa, I'm literally sweating at all this grinding,"

"Now the game didn't want to actually reward you for completing the next three games, but do it anyway, in the same fashion as the last."

"Wow, I mean talk about generous right?"

"and everyone berates you"

"guess they let just about anyone play for them"

"you've spend hours gruelling away,"

"but are you any the wiser?"
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,459,113
    Posted on 30 December 16 at 03:31
    I understand where you're coming from, although I do think listing every single instance was a little over the top. Nonetheless, there is no official ruling on the writer using his/her own voice inside of walkthroughs, and thus I had no reason to pull it out. I too found this walkthrough to be a little hard to sit-through, but it still gets the job done.

Sequencing achievements in the wrong order and giving misleading information is another thing entirely. I will have to re-open this and check it out to make sure the information is completely accurate.

Thanks for the feedback!
    -Batman
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • Warboy925Warboy925397,186
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 14:18
    Regarding: "Ever wondered what it would be like to give a pro basketball player plastic surgery? No? Me neither, but on the MYPLAYER icon on the main menu, you can create your own basketball player"

You don't need to even go to Myplayer, it forces you to make a player before you can even play anything, thus giving you the cheevo..........

And I agree with Fireharardcs on one point.....you see, I really don't mind personal insight on a game, or little jokes during the WT......but dang!!! After you said that sarcastic line; "Be warned this game is extremely grindy, and you will end slaving away for ages to get the full 1000G, but on the upside this game is free, all it costs is your soul!" That should've been it, you kinda rubbed the sarcasm in a little too much............ I am myself a bit sarcastic at times, but wow, yeah......little too much.......
  • AngelTiddlesAngelTiddles278,293
    Posted on 10 March 18 at 20:30
    Why is the completion time listed as 1-2 hours, yet you say it's gonna be a big grind in the tips?
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,459,113
    Posted on 11 March 18 at 01:35
    The tips page (and most of the guide) is complete and utter sarcasm. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • OniAegisOniAegis493,958
    Posted on 14 April 18 at 07:33
    Can the walkthrough be updated to include the fact that the You Gotta Represent achievement is now unobtainable? Guess I should've looked at the main page closer before starting, but it'd be nice if those just following the guide in the future were given some heads up about this before starting, maybe on the overview page?
  • CoveredTen3CoveredTen3138,378
    Posted on 25 May 19 at 20:14
    OniAegis said:
    Can the walkthrough be updated to include the fact that the You Gotta Represent achievement is now unobtainable? Guess I should've looked at the main page closer before starting, but it'd be nice if those just following the guide in the future were given some heads up about this before starting, maybe on the overview page?
    Yes it will be nice to know it before...I did the mistake to start it (cause easy achievement point) but now you can do only 2 and have a game registered that can not play and never 100% it...fuck EA i say !!!!!!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.