Game Discussion: BioShock Forum

First hack achievement did not pop

AuthorMessage
Zero Jehuty
Zero Jehuty
Posted on 13 September 16 at 16:29
So I started the game at midnight and of course had to play offline. However about a hour in the achievements started to work. Sadly I did not get the achievement for your first hack. Any suggestions on how to kick this one into gear?
Aggro Graf
Aggro Graf
Posted on 14 September 16 at 21:43
Is it showing as completed on your Achievements app? If so, it just needs time to update and it SHOULD pop at some point. If not, you could always try starting the game with a new save and see if it pops then.
Zero Jehuty
Zero Jehuty
Posted on 14 September 16 at 23:59
Aggro Graf said:
Is it showing as completed on your Achievements app? If so, it just needs time to update and it SHOULD pop at some point. If not, you could always try starting the game with a new save and see if it pops then.
Sadly it does not show completed. And I did restart fully. It seems I might just be screwed.
Fenrisulfr03
Fenrisulfr03
Posted on 16 September 16 at 21:51
Zero Jehuty said:
Aggro Graf said:
Sadly it does not show completed. And I did restart fully. It seems I might just be screwed.
Has there been any update with the achievement popping for you? I had the same issue... it did not pop in my first playthrough, then I started a second playthrough and it didn't pop again.

Or has anyone done anything different to get the achievement to pop?
Zero Jehuty
Zero Jehuty
Posted on 17 September 16 at 00:40
Fenrisulfr03 said:
Zero Jehuty said:
Aggro Graf said:
Has there been any update with the achievement popping for you? I had the same issue... it did not pop in my first playthrough, then I started a second playthrough and it didn't pop again.

Or has anyone done anything different to get the achievement to pop?
I do not even know who to contact about it that might even get me a answer. I might try removing my saves and not syncing to get it.

Any idea who I might shoot a email at to try and get it fixed.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 18 September 16 at 08:53, Edited on 18 September 16 at 08:55 by The SCHWARTZ 00
the hack didn't glitch for me, instead I'm getting screwed with the Basic Inventor achievement. I've invented 100 items yet I can't get the achievement for inventing ONE. Fucking bullshit. I wanted this completion so bad too. Unless 2K decides to patch it then I'm gonna come up 5 points short. Fuuuuuuuuuu angry
BrutalGuitar
BrutalGuitar
Posted on 18 September 16 at 14:16
This achievement glitched on me too. I have the achievements for inventing 100 items and all ammo types but the achievement for inventing just one item wouldn't unlock for me.
Im kind of High
Posted on 18 September 16 at 15:56
Guys PLEASE submit a ticket here: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and PLEASE make it as detailed as possible, hell even submit a ticket 10 times. Because it's the ONLY way we're going to get this fixed! The Basic inventor achievement has glitched on me too!
Zero Jehuty
Zero Jehuty
Posted on 22 September 16 at 18:41, Edited on 22 September 16 at 19:04 by Zero Jehuty
I sent them a email and got this answer.

Hello there Nick, *Thats me!*

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and we apologize for the delay; there's been a flood of HD upgrade questions!

I'm always happy to help a fellow BioShock fan, and even more a completionist like myself, having over 100 Platinums (equivalent to your 1000 G on Xbox) to boot! So on your trek through Rapture, I would like to offer some solace to your current issue!

It has been confirmed that this achievement would come naturally throughout the game, within the first 30 minutes, however. what I would recommend is to play the entire game through before panicking. Simply then start up a new game and play until the first hackable. Play it, finish it (no auto-hack) and just wait for 30 seconds before moving on to do anything else. You should achieve it and the familiar pop will appear on screen!

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again!

Don't forget: "A man chooses, a slave obeys."

Best regards,

Andrew V.
2K Support

I have since tired this and it did not work sadly. Have sent him a reply.
Kazel ROD
Kazel ROD
Posted on 26 October 16 at 15:47
I contacted Xbox LIVE about this issue and after resetting my connection to LIVE and uninstalling the game and deleting my game data nothing has fixed it. Support did tell me that on their end it was showing as unlocked and to give it a few days. Support also said it may be the game that's got the problem so I guess I'll contact 2K as well. Has anyone had it pop yet?
ThreeKingdomsR
Posted on 09 March 17 at 16:48
Did anyone ever get a confirmed solution for this? I'm experiencing the same problem now and have tried the above to no avail.
MikeMannuh
MikeMannuh
Posted on 06 April 17 at 17:07
I've had the same problem since I started the game somewhere in December. Back then I tried deleting saves, uninstalling and reinstalling and replaying the game until the first hack but nothing. I decided to wait until I finished Bioshock 2 to delete the entire collection off my xbox and try again.

Well I finished Bioshock 2 today and tried basically every possible thing again. Uninstalling the entire collection, resetting the cache of the xbox, deleting all local saves, playing offline without the update, playing online with the update. None of this has worked.

The only thing I might try is to reset the xbox to factory condition and try again. After that I'm running out of options. I will submit a ticket as mentioned in the post by Im kind of high.
creech42
creech42
Posted on 24 March 18 at 15:43
It's been almost a year since the last post , has anyone had any luck. I recently finished all of the other achievements and this is the only one left. I noticed the game shows on trueachievements.com as 100% for me but the achievement itself is not unlocked.
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 04 April 18 at 20:05
I have two achievements glitched just like this. The one that's really annoying me is Fully Research Thuggish Splicer. I've completed the research for it but the xbox tracker still shows it at 0%. No matter what I try I can't get it to pop or even move up from 0.
Doc, Doc, noose
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 23 April 18 at 18:34
I've now unlocked them all. I had to clear my cache and start a new game. They all unlocked along that way.

(To clear cache on X1 you hold the power button on the console to shut down, then unplug the power and press the power button a few more times while unplugged, then plug it back in.)
Doc, Doc, noose
Gensui Akainu
Gensui Akainu
Posted on 24 August 18 at 04:22, Edited on 30 August 18 at 17:23 by Gensui Akainu
Tried everything possible during the last 3 weeks to unlock this achievement.
Nothing works, 2K support was as unhelpful as you would expect. Looked up the list of everyone who posted here about this achievement glitching and no one managed to pop it. So seems like this completion is effed once this achievement glitches on you.
Viral Achiever
Posted on 03 February 19 at 05:43
So I have the same issue with this achievement not unlocking but I also believe to discover that it’s on Microsoft’s end. I signed into my account on Xbox website and went to my achievements and progress and under the locked achievements this achievement reads as 8000% complete. I’m not sure if this number is the same for everyone and I have just sent a screenshot to xbox support to see what they will say. I hope to get this resolved and will post here again if I make progress. Sorry this is my first post on forums.
Viral Achiever
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:36
Microsoft told me to talk to 2k support which they said they can’t even make a patch to fix the achievement. Microsoft did say to stay in touch with them and they will continue to check into my profile to see what the problem may be but also said that it is a waiting game for the achievement to unlock.
Viral Achiever
Posted on 13 August 19 at 19:21
My achievement just unlocked guys!
Gensui Akainu
Gensui Akainu
Posted on 14 August 19 at 00:57
You did anything?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.