The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

UPDATED: XBL Sale Roundup: September 13th, 2016

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce731,869
  • branstoneboybranstoneboy323,706
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 22:41Permalink
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 22:45Permalink
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    I bought a whole bunch of them back a few months ago for the 360 when they were on sale. If i had an American account i would definitely buy the ones for the Xbox One, but i have UK account so it's nowhere near as cheap.
  • ДжэйДжэй332,243
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 22:50, Edited on 13 September 16 at 22:51 by ДжэйPermalink
    Mortal Kombat X for 15 or XL for 32? I'm not much into fightings, but I like MK. Thanks.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 22:52Permalink
    Pretty sure the BF4 free DLC has achievements.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 22:56Permalink
    Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor XB1 pricing is stupid. US get it cheaper than UK

US$10.00 / £17.50 / €20.00 / AU$27.48

That should be about £7.50 for us going the exchange rate
  • EurydaceEurydace502,879
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:01Permalink
    Arkham Knight seems decently-priced.
  • ErunionErunion151,921
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:04Permalink
    So wait, is the season pass for Forza Horizon the same cars as the VIP Membership/Cars Packs or are those two different things? In other words - is it $5 or $7.50 to get everything?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:05, Edited on 13 September 16 at 23:06 by Permalink
    Has VAT gone up??? Cause a conversion and 20% uk tax gets me a different total. Oh wait it's screw England we're a shower of bastards drinking tea in our suits, bowler hats outside in the rain
  • MuddyAmoebaMuddyAmoeba362,575
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:06Permalink
    darkavenger786 said:

You forgot about transport costs, moving all those bits and bytes across the Atlantic is pretty expensive you know roll
    Ex-Game Info Monkey. Hit enough buttons I'll get it right eventually.
  • MuddyAmoebaMuddyAmoeba362,575
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:12Permalink
    Erunion said:
    So wait, is the season pass for Forza Horizon the same cars as the VIP Membership/Cars Packs or are those two different things? In other words - is it $5 or $7.50 to get everything?
    Two different things, Season pass gives the rally expansion and the monthly car packs, the VIP pass gives a few extra cars and a 1.5 xp bonus in multiplayer.
    You still need to buy those cars with in game credits. VIP pass is not really needed, but season pass is almost a requirement to 100% the game due to the 1000 car club 'free' DLC
    Ex-Game Info Monkey. Hit enough buttons I'll get it right eventually.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:17Permalink
    Without comparing it to Overwatch, what's everyone's opinion of Battleborn? Is the multiplayer fairly populated?
  • FigbenderFigbender561,634
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:17, Edited on 13 September 16 at 23:18 by FigbenderPermalink
    MuddyAmoeba said:
    darkavenger786 said:

You forgot about transport costs, moving all those bits and bytes across the Atlantic is pretty expensive you know roll
    Also the fact that, from my understanding, the us price does not include tax and the uk price does
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:20Permalink
    Yeah, the dollar-to-pound conversion on some of those WB deals is just awful.

And what's annoying is that they keep doing it - this is about the 4th or 5th time where I would have picked up LEGO Batman 3 if they had just priced it fairly. But they continue to ask us unwashed plebs in the UK to spend over double what the Americans pay.

Please don't give them the satisfaction.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:30, Edited on 13 September 16 at 23:31 by FrustratedNerdPermalink
    Ooh are these tables new? They're beautiful!

Can we use these posts? smile

Please?
    Twitter: @FrustratedNerd | Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/1r3ES7L | Website: frustratednerd.com
  • EurydaceEurydace502,879
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:33Permalink
    SilentStriker76 said:
    Without comparing it to Overwatch, what's everyone's opinion of Battleborn? Is the multiplayer fairly populated?
    It's a good game. The multiplayer is not populated, but it's got enough players to find matches.
  • capicawlcapicawl547,887
    Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:40, Edited on 13 September 16 at 23:41 by capicawlPermalink
    Bit on the the kombat pack 2. I haven't seen it on sale before and wanted to get back into MK. And a couple Lego games.
  • Posted on 13 September 16 at 23:50Permalink
    SilentStriker76 said:
    Very solid game. I wait about the same time to get into a match as I do with Overwtch. That's the only comparison I'll ever make.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,893,566
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 00:26Permalink
    Batman AK season pass is still bloody expensive for us Brits, don't think I'll be getting it till it finally goes down to around current US prices these days.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 00:41Permalink
    Figbender said:
    MuddyAmoeba said:
    darkavenger786 said:

Also the fact that, from my understanding, the us price does not include tax and the uk price does
    Warner Brothers also pays high taxes on money that leaves the EU, and enters the USA (so anything they sell, if they want to return that money back to the USA, it gets taxed multiple times again by a couple different governments). Time Warner (parent company of Warner Brothers) does have some overseas divisions, but ultimately most of their assets and accounting is done within the USA, so consumers are also paying the extra taxes on repatriating the money back to the USA since they have a need to use it within the USA's jurisdiction.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.