Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

UPDATED: XBL Sale Roundup: September 13th, 2016

• The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,414,639
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 10:45
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Figbender said:
    MuddyAmoeba said:
    darkavenger786 said:
    Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor XB1 pricing is stupid. US get it cheaper than UK

US$10.00 / £17.50 / €20.00 / AU$27.48

That should be about £7.50 for us going the exchange rate
    You forgot about transport costs, moving all those bits and bytes across the Atlantic is pretty expensive you know roll
    Also the fact that, from my understanding, the us price does not include tax and the uk price does
    Warner Brothers also pays high taxes on money that leaves the EU, and enters the USA (so anything they sell, if they want to return that money back to the USA, it gets taxed multiple times again by a couple different governments). Time Warner (parent company of Warner Brothers) does have some overseas divisions, but ultimately most of their assets and accounting is done within the USA, so consumers are also paying the extra taxes on repatriating the money back to the USA since they have a need to use it within the USA's jurisdiction.
    If that's the case why are some of them basically the same price after conversion? Yes some of them are more expensive outside of the US because of what you said. But only to a certain extent, but some of them are retarded because they haven't reduced the base price anywhere outside of the US.
  • gothmogesgothmoges769,487
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 20:31
    Does anyone know if the Arkham City includes the Catwoman DLC pack? I suppose the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask anyway, since the DLC never goes on sale laugh
  • ErunionErunion229,684
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 22:22
    gothmoges said:
    Does anyone know if the Arkham City includes the Catwoman DLC pack? I suppose the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask anyway, since the DLC never goes on sale laugh
    I'd assume it does. That was a free-with-purchase DLC, after all.
  • HermitXBHermitXB142,224
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 02:20
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    Won't that cause region issues with the 360 and One games i have bought from the UK marketplace though ? For example, would i still be able to play my 360 games i bought digitally on my 360 console ?
    ChewieOnIce said:
    No, the games on the One aren't region locked so it matters not which store you purchased them through to play them. You don't even have to change you Xbox region as suggested above. Just change region on Xbox.com, get a US$ currency card, buy the games and they'll appear in the download queue. You only need to change the Xbox region if the game isn't sold on your regions marketplace. And that's just so it will appear in the ready to download queue. Once it's downloaded you can switch back and play with no issues.
    What about 360 games though, does it work the same way ? I wouldn't want to change my account region and then not be able to play any of my 360 games on my 360 console.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,421
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 07:58, Edited on 16 September 16 at 07:58 by HolyHalfDead
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    Won't that cause region issues with the 360 and One games i have bought from the UK marketplace though ? For example, would i still be able to play my 360 games i bought digitally on my 360 console ?
    ChewieOnIce said:
    No, the games on the One aren't region locked so it matters not which store you purchased them through to play them. You don't even have to change you Xbox region as suggested above. Just change region on Xbox.com, get a US$ currency card, buy the games and they'll appear in the download queue. You only need to change the Xbox region if the game isn't sold on your regions marketplace. And that's just so it will appear in the ready to download queue. Once it's downloaded you can switch back and play with no issues.
    What about 360 games though, does it work the same way ? I wouldn't want to change my account region and then not be able to play any of my 360 games on my 360 console.
    You can still use your Xbox 360 downloaded content after changing regions, but if you delete the content you may not be able to download it unless you switch back if it is not available in the region you changed to.

The Xbox 360 is very different to the Xbox One as it is not region free. Since you can only change region once every 3 months, you may find things such as the GwG they are offering cannot be downloaded in your region, or the add-ons for a game are not compatible with your regions version of the game. Much more likely if you are switching from UK (PAL) to US (NTSC), than from say NZ (PAL) to UK (PAL). The best thing to do is create a second account in the other region and use that to make purchases from your Xbox 360. That way all the other accounts on that Xbox 360 can access that content, even when not connected to the internet.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • sanityendssanityends421,590
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 09:38
    Living Legends said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Bathtup47 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    Some of these prices are beyond ridiculous. I understand that the US prices are pre-tax but there's a £30+ difference on the Arkham Knight premium edition.
    Actually I'm US but I've never had any online sales tax, ever.
    It depends on your state. I'm currently in New Jersey and thus my purchase of goods online are taxed at local sales tax levels, but when I was in Maryland a couple years ago they did not (and still don't, as far as I know) charge sales tax on goods bought online. There's a lot of little factors that go into it; some states charge tax on all goods purchased online, some only charge tax if the company you are purchasing from has a physical location in that state.

Although assuming your state flag of California is still correct, I advise you to check if you have a tax the next time you purchase online. I've never known California to pass up the opportunity to institute another tax when they see the opportunity laughwink
    I livd in Cali and none of my purchases are taxed
    Only Delaware has 0% state tax. Some states are different in different areas in Pennsylvania Philadelphia County is 9% Alleghany County is 7% (Pittsburgh) rest of state 6%.
    I will walk the line of stability carefully as I stare at my ever growing backlog.
  • NegativeCreep08NegativeCreep081,086,826
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 13:33
    Bought MK X and just the first pack because the ones in the second didn't interest me. Then accidentally unlocked a DLC achievement so had to buy it anyway. Bah.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,136,154
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 15:22
    Heads up guys, as per the update in the OP, Splosion Man has now been made unexpectedly free for Gold members.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 19:08
    Thanks Chewie!!
    I will walk the line of stability carefully as I stare at my ever growing backlog.
  • Posted on 16 September 16 at 20:35
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Although assuming your state flag of California is still correct, I advise you to check if you have a tax the next time you purchase online. I've never known California to pass up the opportunity to institute another tax when they see the opportunity laughwink
    Hah I know exactly what you mean, but they've never actually done it (yet).
  • LilGurgiLilGurgi433,794
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 20:46
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Heads up guys, as per the update in the OP, Splosion Man has now been made unexpectedly free for Gold members.
    I can confirm this as well (already downloaded from xbox store). Always sweet to find free games you haven't played yet.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,385
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 21:16, Edited on 16 September 16 at 21:19 by Living Legends
    sanityends said:
    Living Legends said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Bathtup47 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    Some of these prices are beyond ridiculous. I understand that the US prices are pre-tax but there's a £30+ difference on the Arkham Knight premium edition.
    It depends on your state. I'm currently in New Jersey and thus my purchase of goods online are taxed at local sales tax levels, but when I was in Maryland a couple years ago they did not (and still don't, as far as I know) charge sales tax on goods bought online. There's a lot of little factors that go into it; some states charge tax on all goods purchased online, some only charge tax if the company you are purchasing from has a physical location in that state.

Only Delaware has 0% state tax. Some states are different in different areas in Pennsylvania Philadelphia County is 9% Alleghany County is 7% (Pittsburgh) rest of state 6%.
    I was talking about digital purchases. San Francisco is trying to pass a bill to tax groceries. We already get charged for bottles and cans, paper bags, gas is expensive and with the increase in wages, tje more we get taxed and climb tax brackets in which we gwt less in tax return. But eh, the weather is great and I have the beach within a close proximity rock
    Posted on 16 September 16 at 22:29
    Living Legends said:
    sanityends said:
    Living Legends said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Bathtup47 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:

I was talking about digital purchases. San Francisco is trying to pass a bill to tax groceries. We already get charged for bottles and cans, paper bags, gas is expensive and with the increase in wages, tje more we get taxed and climb tax brackets in which we gwt less in tax return. But eh, the weather is great and I have the beach within a close proximity rock
    Yea gotcha Philadelphia has a "sugary drink" tax now. It's like $4 a 2 liter goes on iced tea and everything
  • Posted on 16 September 16 at 23:47
    Thanks for the update.
    J. Adam Gilman
  • Creepsho88Creepsho88308,692
    Posted on 17 September 16 at 08:40
    Has anyone else had trouble getting to the Microsoft Store for Xbox One games From these links? I can get to the Xbox 360 games on the marketplace domain, but for whatever reason I keep getting error messages trying to buy the Xbox One games.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,421
    Posted on 17 September 16 at 11:46
    sanityends said:
    Only Delaware has 0% state tax.
    and Montana and Oregon. But I often wonder why everyone in the US dosen't set their state to one of these for digital purchases.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HmizzzHmizzz612,401
    Posted on 17 September 16 at 16:12
    I already have the rally expansion pack for forza horizon, do I have to buy the season pass to get all the 1000 clubs achievements or is the VIP thing enough ?
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/zRaijin.png
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 September 16 at 01:33
    Hi all! I have a question is Mad Max a good game?
    It's not so expensive but not really cheap so... It's worthy?
  • SaahDrahcirSaahDrahcir241,686
    Posted on 19 September 16 at 15:17
    Anyone get Splosion Man? I searched franticly and now it's back to $9.99 it seems.
  • Bandit721Bandit7211,049,836
    Posted on 19 September 16 at 16:16, Edited on 19 September 16 at 16:17 by Bandit721
    @SaahDrahcir - I just did the same thing...saw on the Xbox Sales list that Splosion Man was free through today but when I went to store using multiple links, it appears to be $9.99...that stinks :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads