• EinhanderEinhander236,230 236,230 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 00:42
    Nice
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm615,095
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 01:09
    Cool!
  • Matty to tha GMatty to tha G1,942,983
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 01:21
    Is it worth getting the Car Pass for Forza 6 & Horizon 2? Do they help with achievements?
    tempus edax rerum
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 September 16 at 01:33
    Matty to tha G said:
    Is it worth getting the Car Pass for Forza 6 & Horizon 2? Do they help with achievements?
    No but at those prices for the passes (and that you'll get all the cars for free in-game i think) its good offers. Just a huge shame I'm already done with those games myself.
  • HermitXBHermitXB139,402
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 01:37, Edited on 14 September 16 at 01:38 by HermitXB
    MasterChief Tom said:
    Yeah, the dollar-to-pound conversion on some of those WB deals is just awful.

And what's annoying is that they keep doing it - this is about the 4th or 5th time where I would have picked up LEGO Batman 3 if they had just priced it fairly. But they continue to ask us unwashed plebs in the UK to spend over double what the Americans pay.

Please don't give them the satisfaction.
    It was the same last week with some of the Namco / Bandai games on sale.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures games and Dragon Ball Xenoverse prices sucked in compared to the prices in the US.
  • Lasher67Lasher67531,984
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 01:50
    Tendoman77 said:
    No but at those prices for the passes (and that you'll get all the cars for free in-game i think) its good offers. Just a huge shame I'm already done with those games myself.
    Me too, but at those prices, it was too good a bargain to pass up...
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 02:12
    Some of these prices are beyond ridiculous. I understand that the US prices are pre-tax but there's a £30+ difference on the Arkham Knight premium edition.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249807,855
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 02:40, Edited on 14 September 16 at 03:17 by Achilles8249
    I was interested in arkham knight, but after looking at all the dlc fuck that!

Edit: just seen the premium edition for $12 more. That's a lot better.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 03:06
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    Some of these prices are beyond ridiculous. I understand that the US prices are pre-tax but there's a £30+ difference on the Arkham Knight premium edition.
    Actually I'm US but I've never had any online sales tax, ever.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,687
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 03:20, Edited on 14 September 16 at 03:21 by xPut Name Herex
    Bathtup47 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    It depends on your state. I'm currently in New Jersey and thus my purchase of goods online are taxed at local sales tax levels, but when I was in Maryland a couple years ago they did not (and still don't, as far as I know) charge sales tax on goods bought online. There's a lot of little factors that go into it; some states charge tax on all goods purchased online, some only charge tax if the company you are purchasing from has a physical location in that state.

Although assuming your state flag of California is still correct, I advise you to check if you have a tax the next time you purchase online. I've never known California to pass up the opportunity to institute another tax when they see the opportunity laughwink
  • kipjibkipjib136,508
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 03:30, Edited on 14 September 16 at 03:31 by kipjib
    Definitely great deals on the Australian store!

Arkham Knight US$11.99 / AU$59.97
    LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham US$8.00 / AU$35.98
    LEGO Jurassic World US$16.00 / AU$35.98
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes US$5.00/ AU$22.49
    LEGO The Hobbit US$5.00 / AU$22.49
    Mad Max US$16.00 / AU$39.98
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor US$10.00 / AU$32.48
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition US$10.00 / AU$27.48
    The LEGO Movie Videogame US$5.00 / AU$22.49

Total: US$87 (Conversion is approx. AU$120) / AU$298.83

Hmmm, should I spend $300 or $120? haha
  • Tao LogosTao Logos848,494
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 05:15
    Never played a Lego game. Of all these, which would you suggest?
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo298,691
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 05:17
    Lego games here in AUS are overpriced, even with the sales.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • TropanTropan1,062,791
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 05:34
    Might finally have to pick up Mad Max
  • aphexbraphexbr230,138
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 06:13
    I'm with others on the silly exchange rates here. Mad Max is £12 in the UK but €28 for EU? No thanks Microsoft, I don't fancy paying double, you lost a sale.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 07:04
    Tao Logos said:
    Never played a Lego game. Of all these, which would you suggest?
    I've enjoyed every one that I've played. I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings game (I think my personal favorite). The Hobbit is also quite good. Batman 3 (the little bit I've played so far) is fun. I also enjoyed the "The Movie" a lot. Now that Jurassic World has come down in price I'll be picking that one up. For some reason having a hard time getting into the Harry Potter ones as well as the Star Wars (not the new one) games, but friends tell me the Star Wars game (the one that has all 6 movies I think... or is it 3... I own it so I should know) is quite enjoyable.

I'll also be picking up Shadows Over Morder at that price.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 September 16 at 07:25
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Figbender said:
    MuddyAmoeba said:
    darkavenger786 said:
    Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor XB1 pricing is stupid. US get it cheaper than UK

US$10.00 / £17.50 / €20.00 / AU$27.48

That should be about £7.50 for us going the exchange rate
    You forgot about transport costs, moving all those bits and bytes across the Atlantic is pretty expensive you know roll
    Also the fact that, from my understanding, the us price does not include tax and the uk price does
    Warner Brothers also pays high taxes on money that leaves the EU, and enters the USA (so anything they sell, if they want to return that money back to the USA, it gets taxed multiple times again by a couple different governments). Time Warner (parent company of Warner Brothers) does have some overseas divisions, but ultimately most of their assets and accounting is done within the USA, so consumers are also paying the extra taxes on repatriating the money back to the USA since they have a need to use it within the USA's jurisdiction.
    American company pays tax??? To the uk? That's the real news story hahaha
  • DeathGuard 123DeathGuard 1231,525,430
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 08:13
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    I bought a whole bunch of them back a few months ago for the 360 when they were on sale. If i had an American account i would definitely buy the ones for the Xbox One, but i have UK account so it's nowhere near as cheap.
    Just change your region on the One and you can buy them from the US marketplace.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,089,520
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 08:23
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Bathtup47 said:
    SoiledDoughnut said:
    It depends on your state. I'm currently in New Jersey and thus my purchase of goods online are taxed at local sales tax levels, but when I was in Maryland a couple years ago they did not (and still don't, as far as I know) charge sales tax on goods bought online. There's a lot of little factors that go into it; some states charge tax on all goods purchased online, some only charge tax if the company you are purchasing from has a physical location in that state.

Although assuming your state flag of California is still correct, I advise you to check if you have a tax the next time you purchase online. I've never known California to pass up the opportunity to institute another tax when they see the opportunity laughwink
    I livd in Cali and none of my purchases are taxed
  • ChrisH77ChrisH77326,871
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 09:55
    Stikbold: A dodgeball adventure Is a fun little indy game if you have someone to play co op with. Only 4 quid as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.