The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

UPDATED: XBL Sale Roundup: September 13th, 2016

  • ScrapcanScrapcan601,185
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 10:55Permalink
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    You are not alone. All those Lego games for the 360 for $5 a pop is a super deal. Hopefully these Lego deals come back around soon.
    Gimme the loot
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 14 September 16 at 12:31Permalink
    deadly premonition's dying enemies is hilarious "Noooooooooooo don't want to die" in such a corny voiceover
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 12:44Permalink
    Scrapcan said:
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    You are not alone. All those Lego games for the 360 for $5 a pop is a super deal. Hopefully these Lego deals come back around soon.
    But I am SOOOOO sick of Lego games....... It's still tempting though....
    The new dashboard sux!
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82395,949
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 13:00Permalink
    I'll probably pick up a LEGO games on X1 to play with my daughters, a 5$ one will do.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 14:44Permalink
    Thank god they went back and made the Battlefield 4 dlc free again, I forgot to get some for my 360 :D (I didn't want to waste 30$ on 2 map packs).
  • MarekidzeMarekidze131,676
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 15:31Permalink
    Is there A way to get Forza Horaizon"/360 Loyalty car, without old game save? Have only F2 save, wich don't count!cry
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 17:44Permalink
    Don't get why the game of the year edition of Shadow Of Mordor is 10 pound cheaper than the normal version.
    Estranged
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 18:10, Edited on 14 September 16 at 18:20 by Trikke den 1ePermalink
    Thanks EA/DICE for the free DLCs!!
    I wonder if that's a sign the servers will be shutting down soon...?!

    When does BioWare discount their DLCs? I'd love to get those for dragon age but 45 euro for the 3 DLC more than double of the price (retail copy) I paid of the main game.
  • Zarda1Zarda1550,626
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 19:20Permalink
    I think you have the wrong price on the LEGO Batman 3 bundle for xbox one. Shows $14.00 for me.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 20:19Permalink
    I got all the Batman games and season pass for the 360. I am thinking about getting a bunch of Lego games and was wondering if they are worth to pick up. I know $5 is a steal but I do not like wasting my time playing games I do not enjoy.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce765,708
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 20:37Permalink
    Zarda1 said:
    I think you have the wrong price on the LEGO Batman 3 bundle for xbox one. Shows $14.00 for me.
    Thanks, that's been fixed toast

    Trikke den 1e said:
    When does BioWare discount their DLCs?
    My crystal ball is coming up blank...
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,347
    Posted on 14 September 16 at 20:58, Edited on 14 September 16 at 20:59 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    DeathGuard 123 said:
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    I bought a whole bunch of them back a few months ago for the 360 when they were on sale. If i had an American account i would definitely buy the ones for the Xbox One, but i have UK account so it's nowhere near as cheap.
    Just change your region on the One and you can buy them from the US marketplace.
    Easy to do. If you are going to do that, change it to Canada as it is even cheaper than the US most of the time. We even have all the Canadian sale prices listed for you on TA :)

    It's the same every week, people from Australia and UK complaining about goods costing more than they do in the US. I suggest you don't compare petrol prices or you may never drive your car again. Just be thankful you pay less than those in New Zealand and Europe.

    MSP was great, but they got rid of that, so just accept there is something called a Foreign Currency Exchange Rate. So unless you expect to see the prices of games going up and down on a daily basis, you are stuck with regional pricing.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 21:05Permalink
    Picked up clusterpuck... still on the fence with the Lego Hobbit
  • Posted on 14 September 16 at 21:45Permalink
    I really want Batman..but at the US price...Can we change regions? Any chance to get banned?
  • Tatl360Tatl360230,896
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 04:48Permalink
    I might get Under Defeat.
    These Dreamcast shooters are so hard! n_n'
  • Posted on 15 September 16 at 05:37Permalink
    DeathGuard 123 said:
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    branstoneboy said:
    Man all those Lego games look really tempting but no I have to save my money cry
    I bought a whole bunch of them back a few months ago for the 360 when they were on sale. If i had an American account i would definitely buy the ones for the Xbox One, but i have UK account so it's nowhere near as cheap.
    Just change your region on the One and you can buy them from the US marketplace.
    Won't that cause region issues with the 360 and One games i have bought from the UK marketplace though ? For example, would i still be able to play my 360 games i bought digitally on my 360 console ?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce765,708
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 07:20, Edited on 15 September 16 at 08:38 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    Ricardo Costa80 said:
    I really want Batman..but at the US price...Can we change regions? Any chance to get banned?
    Yes, easily. No risk. See comments above yours.

    TurtleHermit0 said:
    Won't that cause region issues with the 360 and One games i have bought from the UK marketplace though ? For example, would i still be able to play my 360 games i bought digitally on my 360 console ?
    No, the games on the One aren't region locked so it matters not which store you purchased them through to play them. You don't even have to change you Xbox region as suggested above. Just change region on Xbox.com, get a US$ currency card, buy the games and they'll appear in the download queue. You only need to change the Xbox region if the game isn't sold on your regions marketplace. And that's just so it will appear in the ready to download queue. Once it's downloaded you can switch back and play with no issues.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 15 September 16 at 09:04Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Ricardo Costa80 said:
    I really want Batman..but at the US price...Can we change regions? Any chance to get banned?
    Yes, easily. No risk. See comments above yours.

    TurtleHermit0 said:
    Won't that cause region issues with the 360 and One games i have bought from the UK marketplace though ? For example, would i still be able to play my 360 games i bought digitally on my 360 console ?
    No, the games on the One aren't region locked so it matters not which store you purchased them through to play them. You don't even have to change you Xbox region as suggested above. Just change region on Xbox.com, get a US$ currency card, buy the games and they'll appear in the download queue. You only need to change the Xbox region if the game isn't sold on your regions marketplace. And that's just so it will appear in the ready to download queue. Once it's downloaded you can switch back and play with no issues.
    I'd like to do this, but my worry is Microsoft will view as financial gain and ban me
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,347
    Posted on 15 September 16 at 10:01, Edited on 15 September 16 at 10:02 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    DEATH CODE45709 said:
    I'd like to do this, but my worry is Microsoft will view as financial gain and ban me
    I don't work for Microsoft, so cannot say for sure. However, why would Microsoft design my account so I can maintain seperate currency balances for different regions if they didn't want me to spend money in regions other than my own? My New Zealand account has balances in AUD, USD, CAD and GBP.

    Since the unified Microsoft store replaced the Xbox One marketplace, I have been unable to use PayPal in regions that don't match the PayPal account region, on transactions that require approval. For example a transaction of $4.50 was pre-approved and went through fine and they charged my PayPal account. But I was unable to buy something else that cost $5. Gift cards still work perfectly.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 15 September 16 at 10:07Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    DEATH CODE45709 said:
    I'd like to do this, but my worry is Microsoft will view as financial gain and ban me
    I don't work for Microsoft, so cannot say for sure. However, why would Microsoft design my account so I can maintain seperate currency balances for different regions if they didn't want me to spend money in regions other than my own? My New Zealand account has balances in AUD, USD, CAD and GBP.

    Since the unified Microsoft store replaced the Xbox One marketplace, I have been unable to use PayPal in regions that don't match on transactions that require approval. For example a transaction of $4.50 was pre-approved and went through fine and they charged my PayPal account. But I was unable to buy something else that cost $5. Gift cards still work perfectly.
    I get what your saying, I swapped region for Ben-Hur. I was concerned because I'd be getting something very cheap in comparison and after all these years I'd be distraught if in trying to say ££ I was banned and lost everything. There's games that are only on us store id like to buy too, that arent released in the uk store. It's a dilemma for me
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.