Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 24 September 16 at 09:07
    Please use this thread to discuss the Dear Esther: Landmark Edition walkthrough
  • Information
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 16 at 01:28
    These are the sort of games I buy on sale for $2.50 and reexamine my choices in life. It hasn't gone on sale for that cheap yet, but thanks for the Walkthrough all the same. laugh
  • reforc3reforc31,173,209
    Posted on 11 November 16 at 01:58
    Yeah, I picked up because the easy 1000G for my milestone of end year.

But yeah, you can see what to expect on the game now.
    @ReForce
  • omgeezusomgeezus1,570,500
    Posted on 12 February 17 at 20:29
    I felt like there were some points missing from the walkthrough text, particularly a few of the commentary pieces. Saying to just replay the game following the same text is inaccurate and extremely frustrating.
    Pursuing the Irrational - On the road to 95%!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,547,188
    Posted on 13 February 17 at 22:00
    I found replaying the game in pretty much the same way nabbed me all but one of the commentaries. The only one I missed was on the hill where the train tracks are in the final section, which you don't go to in the first playthrough. Might be worth mentioning that one at least.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 13 February 17 at 22:57
    I was missing 3... the one in the house at the very beginning, one off of the right of a cave at the end of one of the chapters (two or three) and the one you are referencing.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,547,188
    Posted on 14 February 17 at 09:33
    Ah I must've just stumbled on those two. They were away from the main playthrough route though, yes.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • ShadowShadow1,599,385
    Posted on 24 February 17 at 11:26
    I believe that this walkthrough might have to be changed once the March Xbox update comes out. With not being able to snap the achievements and the achievement tracker put in not giving a visible percentage it might be difficult to follow the walkthrough.
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 04:23
    Hi omgeezus, ChewieOnIce.

I'm sorry, the first playthrough I did was the commentary mode, the second/third was the normal/urn run, the forth one was the detailed on the walktrough with a second profile for the tracking process, I was walking by as I remembered the 3 previous ones. I was already sick of the game at that point.

What I might failed to explain is if I didn't put those inside the walktrough it's because I was afraid to jeopardize the players in some point, making them to think that there would be a voice note in the wrong game mode.

As example, i actually went into the train tracks and spend like 5 minutes wondering why I did that, Is never displayed or mentioned on the guide cause it didn't help the normal walk and most likely would confuse more people doing it randomly at that point, considering it was a "SpeedWalk".

At the end I put a perfect video showcasing the commentary guide. Cause I wasn't going to do a 5th run no matter what.

If there's anybody who wants to provide the screenshots to include them, I would do that.

---

Hey Shadow Tobuscus,
    You're right, It seems that it might needs to be tweaked. but...
    Since the update makes the Guide faster, you can check back and then the overall progress you have (quicker if it's already as a favorite)
    cn_guidecn_upcn_upcn_rightcn_downcn_down sort of...

Anyways, Using the overlay should be enough to see the marker moves and by the end of the chapter look for the target percentage.

Since I only have 2 profiles and I don't have a Screen Recorder. I can't make a fifth/sixth run just to put pictures of the overlay integration.

But thanks for all the feedback, to be honest
    @ReForce
  • NomstuffNomstuff828,329
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 10:06
    Double tab the home button, and scroll down to achievements.
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 20:32, Edited on 02 March 17 at 20:32 by omgeezus
    reforc3 said:
    At the end I put a perfect video showcasing the commentary guide. Cause I wasn't going to do a 5th run no matter what.
    I am not disputing that the video is not great, but you also included the following line BEFORE the video:

So, replay this Walkthrough again from the start, and you will find them easily as you go by.
    This is an inaccurate statement. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it was incredibly frustrating to me to find out, via other people's guides, that I did not simply have to replay this walkthrough.
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 20:32
    Nomstuff said:
    Double tab the home button, and scroll down to achievements.
    In the new update is one tap and scroll up, just below the accounts tab
    @ReForce
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 20:34
    omgeezus said:
    reforc3 said:
    I am not disputing that the video is not great, but you also included the following line BEFORE the video:

So, replay this Walkthrough again from the start, and you will find them easily as you go by.
    This is an inaccurate statement. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it was incredibly frustrating to me to find out, via other people's guides, that I did not simply have to replay this walkthrough.
    Yeah, it was 97% accurate. Sorry
    @ReForce
  • xDaffxDaff461,456
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 21:17
    I'm going to have to agree with omgeezus, I've just got to chapter four thinking I'd be fine because of the walkthrough saying
    you'll find them easily as you go by
    to find out that I've missed some somewhere in chapter 2 and/or 3.

While I'm enjoying the game, it's really put a downer, as I don't like having to watch video guides while trying to play, when I read something or use my TTS app to speak the walkthrough for me.

Such is life that I'll have to play through two chapters again, but (and I don't intend for this to be bitchy or nasty) because of this, I find the walkthrough lacking.
    Insert witty comment here.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 March 17 at 21:24
    If the walkthrough is indeed missing information in the text, I highly suggest this gets fixed immediately.
    The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
    Posted on 03 March 17 at 00:59
    Yes,
    I know xDaff, Spiral.

I'm not arguing that, I know what I wrote and I know it was ambiguous.

To put in a context what I just say, when I did the guide it was legit the 4th time I went on the game. I really didn't put a lot of effort for the commentary cause that would mean a 5th run for me and I was out of time.

Of course a briefing for the commentary missing highlight would be great, and with the new tracking system x2.

Unfortunately I don't have the time i used to have when I wrote it down. at some point I asked if someone could make the snapshots I could update it, Otherwise I'll do it, but not in a short term.

With that covered, there's any other point of interest that should be treated in the update?
    @ReForce
  • Mike731Mike731715,928
    Posted on 09 November 17 at 05:51
    Walk thru was adequate, the game however was not. Achievements don't track, and get stuck frequently at odd times...I know I hit all the points in the guide and should have all the achievements but again the game sucks so no dice.
    Posted on 17 January 18 at 05:27
    Mike731 said:
    Walk thru was adequate, the game however was not. Achievements don't track, and get stuck frequently at odd times...I know I hit all the points in the guide and should have all the achievements but again the game sucks so no dice.
    There was an update not long ago, maybe that's when all go south.

At the time I wrote it down (it was the third time I played it, becuase of the old snap system for the tracking process) And It went fine back then.
  • OppaErichOppaErich376,199
    Posted on 26 January 21 at 21:21, Edited on 27 January 21 at 13:07 by OppaErich
    Stuck at the end of chapter one. I don't understand what"the largest rock where I came from" means and what I'm supposed to find and how the game tells me I did find it actually. redface

Edit: Found it eventually, game completed now. wave
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.