Game Discussion: BioShock Infinite Forum

Is this game obnoxiously choppy at times for anyone else?

AuthorMessage
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 25 September 16 at 06:26
Both me and my roommate have encountered this on each of our xboxes. There are random moments in the the game where the framerate drops to literally less than 1 fps. Bioshock 1 has hiccups here and there, but Infinite was almost unplayable at moments. How does porting a 360 game to more powerful hardware make it WORSE?
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 25 September 16 at 14:16
Yep, especially in Emporia.
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 26 September 16 at 04:29
mine seems to be choppy any time turrets are involved
MOFOwhosinchrge
Posted on 26 September 16 at 05:54
It happens to me too, especially towards the end of the game.
darkmafia99
darkmafia99
Posted on 26 September 16 at 17:48
I have a feeling this port of the game has a memory leak problem as I did one sitting play through, about 8 hours in it would be choppy every two seconds and then it froze, closed it, and when it restarted, it was much much better.

Not sure if everyone has this issue, but I played it on Xbox One, and then I played the DLC on an One S, and barely got any choppiness there, but they were much shorter playthroughs
Garlyle
Garlyle
Posted on 02 October 16 at 22:20
Playing through it right now and sometimes I'm afraid its going to straight up freeze. It did that with Bioshock 1 and 2, but those ran a hell of a lot smoother than infinite. This collection is a good deal for all you get but it is really an inferior transfer of the original games.
danwood11
danwood11
Posted on 16 October 16 at 16:51
I had this issue when I was near memorial garden / comstock house.

As someone else has said, was after an 8 hours marathon. Switched off for a while and no further problems.
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 18 October 16 at 17:02
danwood11 said:
I had this issue when I was near memorial garden / comstock house.

As someone else has said, was after an 8 hours marathon. Switched off for a while and no further problems.
yeah that area was the worst for me, but even after quitting and coming back the next day, it was still laggy as hell
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 21 October 16 at 19:36
Yep, especially in Emporia. Loading while jumping, freezing - all over the area. It cannot seem to handle the rain. Really concerned me since it took 40 min before it would give me a checkpoint.
AgentOfAbyss
AgentOfAbyss
Posted on 22 November 16 at 14:18
This has happened to me as well, but a hard reboot of my XB1 seems to fix it each time
Heraizen
Heraizen
Posted on 23 April 17 at 11:57
Yep, the Xbox One really struggles with Infinite, constant freezing throughout the entire game. Hard Reset fixes it for a little while.

I wonder if it's this bad on PS4.
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 16 December 17 at 20:44
Never had this issue with Bio 1 or 2, OR the 360 version, but I'm getting it in the Fink area a lot
YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
UA Ridge Reaper
Posted on 30 January 18 at 05:00
Haven't played this game for a bit but its definitely choppy on the X1. Never experienced it with Bioshock and Bioshock 2
Zarda1
Zarda1
Posted on 30 January 18 at 13:32
Had to restart my console before the shanty town. I had constant chop on the dock area and in the bar a few areas later. It was gone until Emporia but went away on its own there. I did one play session so maybe that gave it trouble. Bioshock 1 and 2 run smooth, I only had one crash and it shut the whole console off, no preformance drops at all.
Darkness727420
Posted on 27 September 18 at 19:03
Googled this issue and this post was the 3rd link!laugh

This is almost unplayable in emporia. I had no issues before this area. I've read it's frame rate or an auto save bug(auto saving when there is no cut scene). In my time I'd say it's both, as there is a lot more going on graphically then other areas. I also move pretty quick and I noticed it was auto saving when I entered a different area even though I canvassed the whole map pretty throughly a number of times. I'm at the final fight, hopefully it won't be too bad. Had it not been for the insta kill trick I'd have had so much trouble with lady comestock.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 11 February 19 at 23:57
it's memory leaks, restart your xbox and it's fine. I noticed it getting bad in emporia, and it just crashed then when I restarted it everything was fine, this is one the 1 x.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.