The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATED] XBL Sale Roundup: September 27th, 2016

• LyzyrdLyzyrd1,795,073
    Posted on 27 September 16 at 23:34
    Thank little baby Jesus! GTA V is FINALLY on sale. I thought it would never happen.
    /s
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,155,009
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:04
    Can you only buy Dad Beasts Dad from the US marketplace or something?

I know that on the 360, if you were to buy a game from a different region's marketplace you would need that particular region's MS currency. With the Xbox One, is it the same case or could I just use my card or paypal?
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:06, Edited on 28 September 16 at 00:06 by Dark Death 90
    Dad Beat Dads looks like some easy gamerscore, might grab that. I am also interested in The Bunker.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • TearsOfAClown9TearsOfAClown91,236,832
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:08
    These "sales" suck.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,326,109
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:08
    The Globalizer said:
    WickedDeath said:
    what a bunch of sorry this sale is just like the last sale. How can they justify paying that much real money (ON SALE EVEN) for some fake ass game cash. and CTA V on sale for $39? how old is that game now? another pass.......
    Have to agree, and it's well past time for a real sale on GTA5. I'd probably jump at $15, but this $30+ crap as a *sale* is crazy.
    That's what being typically one of the top selling games for the PS4/One every month since release gets you, even when the game has been out for multiple years (which is almost unheard of). The game is so successful on latest consoles with no signs of slowing so Rockstar/Take-Two can price it as they see fit and it still sells, and that's not even counting what they must be bringing in through GTA Online.

In short: don't expect any major sale below $30 on GTA V for the PS4/One until Rockstar releases its next title for those consoles. It's shown the staying power to still demand full price until that moment comes.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:15
    Gonna pick up Dad Beat Dads. I wish Coffin Dodgers, Bunker, and Dear Esther were cheaper so I can wait.

Also if the 360 sales are to be believed and they ever go live I'll pick up Axel & Pixel for supposedly $2
  • HemogoblinSSHemogoblinSS855,032
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:27
    Thinking about Fenix Furia but I've already got quite a few hard as nails platformers staring a hole into me because they're still not complete. :(
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,013,282
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 00:54
    The Globalizer said:
    WickedDeath said:
    what a bunch of sorry this sale is just like the last sale. How can they justify paying that much real money (ON SALE EVEN) for some fake ass game cash. and CTA V on sale for $39? how old is that game now? another pass.......
    Have to agree, and it's well past time for a real sale on GTA5. I'd probably jump at $15, but this $30+ crap as a *sale* is crazy.
    Yeah, I just got it for $30 at Gamestop last week, and that was part of their weekly sale. That's the cheapest I've seen it so far. And it's been out for 2 years (the current gen version anyway).
  • WereyWerey540,627
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 02:17
    The fact a game can be 35% off and STILL be £35 is a bloody ruse.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,285,220
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 02:24
    The bunker is a very good game and a great experience. It is definately worth the sale price. A must play with easy game score.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 02:40
    Sweet! Grabbing up Furia and Dad. Wish a few others were a bit cheaper, but I can wait!
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert1,293,280
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 03:36
    GTA V with Shark card on sale. Again.

Hey, Larry, when you said that you were going to "have talks" with the sales team to make sure we don't get the same garbage, did this come off as the new approach? To get the same fucking trash put on sale every few weeks because MS aren't willing to make new contractual agreements with publishers to put new content on sale? I used to always be interested in the weekly sale changes, but you know what, after seeing the same content put on sale, over and over... and over, I came to the realization that they just aren't even trying anymore.

Summer sale was mostly awful. Winter sale wasn't memorable. Hell, I don't even remember the last thing on sale that I bought because it was so damn long ago.

I'm sure someone will come in and retaliate against my opinion defending the current state of sales, in which case you're probably just finding anything to latch onto for a sake of 'debate' when there's no debate to be had. The sales have been mostly awful, and that's more in line with it being the same content rather than fresh new content that has never been on sale more than once.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 03:45
    The 360 sales are finally live. I did pick up Axel and Pixel for $2
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan918,065
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 04:43
    GTA V in "sale" for the 896th time.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 06:15, Edited on 28 September 16 at 06:17 by HolyHalfDead
    ...finally

• XBOX 360

Deals with Gold until 3rd October 2016 (Gold Exclusive)
    Borderlands 2
    - Season Pass 80% off (has achievements)
    - Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 60% off
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    - Season Pass 80% off (has achievements)
    Duke Nukem Forever 70% off
    L.A. Noire 70% off
    Max Payne 3 50% off
    Midnight Club: Los Angeles 35% off
    Xbox Live Arcade
    Axel & Pixel 80% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • matdanmatdan810,432
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 06:46
    That seems somehow even worse then nothing.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483304,202
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 08:29
    Werey said:
    The fact a game can be 35% off and STILL be £35 is a bloody ruse.
    Good old digital pricing structure. It's a f***ing rip off!
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Nana LurgiNana Lurgi159,629
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 09:26
    I've bought The Bunker - been wanting to play that since I first heard about it!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,681,549
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 09:48
    360 prices have now been added
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,631,887
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 11:52
    I'll pick up the borderlands pre sequal pass ,not as bad as before lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.