The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATED] XBL Sale Roundup: September 27th, 2016

• RABBID W0LFRABBID W0LF166,250
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 11:55Permalink
    What the what, no GTA 4??? what is going on around here? Probably in next week's sale or it might turn up to be GWG.
  • acedawg4acedawg41,583,707
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 11:55Permalink
    Does borderlands dlc carry over from 360 to xb1?
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 12:13Permalink
    I expected the DLC for DA:I on x360 to go on sale this week since last week was dedicated to the xone dlc's

Anyways, this week my hard earned money will stay in my pocket as none of them so called 'sales' are worth buying them and some of them I already own on retail copy.

As for Coffin Dodgers and Fenix Furia, I don't understand what these are doing on a way too performant xone console. They might have been fun 20 years ago on a Amiga500. These games look really low budget. Maybe Microsoft's way to 'launch' new developers?
    I honestly don't know and won't even bother to check that out either.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I expect new titles to be HD, heavily coded, with some in depth content, and xone worthy.
    Both previous games could easily fit on a floppy disk.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 12:20Permalink
    acedawg4 said:
    The XB1 versions of Borderlands 2 and pre-seql already have all the DLC included with the game, so no. You get the XB1 DLC anyway.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 12:38Permalink
    How does Fenix Furia compare difficulty-wise with Super Meat Boy?
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 12:58Permalink
    Really wish the Duke Nukem Forever DLC (SPY WHO CLONED ME) would go on sale once. Something just feels wrong paying more money for DLC than the game normally costs.
  • KedrixKedrix164,811
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 13:01Permalink
    Will pick up Axel & Pixel sometime this week. Oh, and I'm putting this here so people can refer to it later...but Axel & Pixel is smelling like a Backwards compatible OR delisting OR both. I'd recommend getting it now if it interests you.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • maguzzolomaguzzolo449,576
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 15:19Permalink
    Axel & Pixel it is, can't say no to a nice game + easy completion at less than 2€
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy569,724
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 15:22Permalink
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    Really wish the Duke Nukem Forever DLC (SPY WHO CLONED ME) would go on sale once. Something just feels wrong paying more money for DLC than the game normally costs.
    Exactly! Not once on sale since 2011. I've also been waiting for Enslaved Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC which has never been on sale once since coming out in 2010. These are two that have been on my list for a very long time.
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 15:25Permalink
    MC PHILABUSTA said:
    Worst sale ever ! ...literally
    I think you might be right. We have had some really poor sales but this is just a joke. Last week was up there with the very worst too.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483199,680
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 15:37Permalink
    bLaKgRaVy said:
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    Exactly! Not once on sale since 2011. I've also been waiting for Enslaved Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC which has never been on sale once since coming out in 2010. These are two that have been on my list for a very long time.
    Ha I've been waiting for Pigsy's Perfect 10 to go on sale too! I loved Enslaved, and while it shows as a completed game on TA it doesn't on my 360. If they ever discount the DLC it'll be just the excuse I need to go back to the game. I'd quite happily do another run through of the main story too.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,021
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 16:09Permalink
    TheNickOfTime said:
    KenH2k4 said:
    Anyone play This War of Mine? It looks fairly interesting, but I've never heard of it. I wanted to find the disc version, but I guess it's only in the UK and it'll be a lot to ship it here.
    Achievement wise it takes about 20 hours to finish (less if you read the mechanics instead of learning from experience).

Gameplay wise basically you scavenge across different areas to gain food/water and supplies that are used to make your base more secure/efficient.

I had a blast with it and still play from time to time.
    You may have sold me on This War of Mine. I do enjoy an asset/resource gathering game from time to time, especially if there's upgradeable bases involved. Something just so satisfying about it.

And if anybody likes quirky point-and-click games, Axel and Pixel is well worth it for $2.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 16:11Permalink
    Trikke den 1e said:
    As for Coffin Dodgers and Fenix Furia, I don't understand what these are doing on a way too performant xone console. They might have been fun 20 years ago on a Amiga500. These games look really low budget. Maybe Microsoft's way to 'launch' new developers?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I expect new titles to be HD, heavily coded, with some in depth content, and xone worthy.
    They're both part of the Xbox Ones ID@Xbox program to allow independent developers to publish games to the console. The 360 had a similar program but the games were on their own marketplace and didn't have gamerscore. You don't have to buy them but I personally like supporting independent development. Not everyone wants AAA all of the time and some of the titles are really very good, especially considering some were made by one person in their bedroom. Each to their own though.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • CheevolutionCheevolution233,530
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 16:24Permalink
    Can't resist a 2€ game.Nothing to complain about.
    \m/ {ô_ó} \m/
  • OMG IT5 EJOMG IT5 EJ800,669
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 16:40Permalink
    Those Borderlands sales are such a steal
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 16:42Permalink
    acedawg4 said:
    Nope because Borderlands 2 on the Xbox One has all the DLC already.
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,245,782
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 17:37Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Trikke den 1e said:

They're both part of the Xbox Ones ID@Xbox program to allow independent developers to publish games to the console. The 360 had a similar program but the games were on their own marketplace and didn't have gamerscore. You don't have to buy them but I personally like supporting independent development. Not everyone wants AAA all of the time and some of the titles are really very good, especially considering some were made by one person in their bedroom. Each to their own though.
    Absolutely agree Chewie plus when some of them have easy 1000 Gs
  • Larvi1Larvi11,400,236
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 17:50Permalink
    Been waiting on a sale for the Borderland TPS dlc so I can complete this finally. Will pick up that and Axel & Pixel for sure. Debating on Dad beat Dads, like the price point but not really keen on beat 'em up games.
  • X BAZZA XX BAZZA X151,998
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 18:39Permalink
    [UPDATED] shit sale just got shiter
  • Posted on 28 September 16 at 20:06Permalink
    X BAZZA X said:
    [UPDATED] shit sale just got shiter
    I wonder if they just phone up Rockstar if they don't have anything planned.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.