The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATED] XBL Sale Roundup: September 27th, 2016

• Posted on 28 September 16 at 20:33
    The Borderlands DLCs are steals at those prices. Picked up TPS DLC since I've been meaning to start it and didn't want to pay$20 for DLC on a game I got for $5.

And I second the Pigsy Perfect 10 DLC. That needs to go on sale!!! I'm wanting to start/finish it but I'm not paying that price for DLC on a game that old. Same for LA Noire!!! Hear that rockstar??!! Put THAT sh!t on sale now!!
  • PARAcainPARAcain466,150
    Posted on 28 September 16 at 20:39
    Just Dad Beat Dads and Borderlands 2 SP for me (:
    ~ King Para
  • Posted on 29 September 16 at 00:22
    Already have the Borderlands 2 season pass which I got for free due to a pricing error 2-3 years ago. But I'm not risking a ban to use that profile again.

Guess I have to cough up a few dollars and buy it legit. :D
  • Posted on 29 September 16 at 01:11, Edited on 29 September 16 at 01:12 by Vandel Buster
    Yummy Baklava said:
    Already have the Borderlands 2 season pass which I got for free due to a pricing error 2-3 years ago. But I'm not risking a ban to use that profile again.

They don't ban when they screw up. The Fallout 4 DLC was all labeled as free and they revoked the licenses and gave everyone $10 in credit. Other times they've just let people keep the stuff since they screw up.

Also, hell yeah to BL: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass going on sale.
  • Posted on 29 September 16 at 02:37
    Yummy Baklava said:
    Isn't all baklava yummy? Man I miss the med. Did two tours there in the late 90s-00s. Miss the food. Love the Greek-Euro-Italian-Arabic mash-ups you find there!
  • whitedreams2whitedreams2167,401
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 02:42
    Nothing Really good roll
    Life is better when you play games
  • JumboWarioJumboWario968,313
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 03:57
    I hate reading comments about how GTA V going on sale for $30 is too much.

Hello?

It's got at least a hundred hours of content and Rockstar was developing it for, what, 5+ years?! They put a ton of time into it and it's still a great game 3 years later (even on 360!) They still put out FREE updates and are adding content all the time. I would jump at the chance to pay $40 for it considering I could still easily justify paying $60. I see new videos of people playing the new content and I think 'wow that looks fun I should play GTA again'.

Be grateful the game goes on sale at all, considering it's probably still a top seller on Xbox One and 360.

rant over
    Game On.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 05:43
    Vandel Buster said:
    Yummy Baklava said:

They don't ban when they screw up. The Fallout 4 DLC was all labeled as free and they revoked the licenses and gave everyone $10 in credit. Other times they've just let people keep the stuff since they screw up.

Yeah, but we used a fake billing address to get it. However I personally don't think they will ban you for it.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Aquahaze2Aquahaze2190,357
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 05:55
    The Globalizer said:
    WickedDeath said:
    what a bunch of sorry this sale is just like the last sale. How can they justify paying that much real money (ON SALE EVEN) for some fake ass game cash. and CTA V on sale for $39? how old is that game now? another pass.......
    Have to agree, and it's well past time for a real sale on GTA5. I'd probably jump at $15, but this $30+ crap as a *sale* is crazy.
    Its because its still the best game on "current gen" and arguably still the best game on last gen. I mean what would be next line, fallout 4? just to show you how fucking empty this generation has been, the most hyped upcoming game right now..is Skyrim.
    A 60$ copy of skyrim no less, and its still going to be a best seller!

In conclusion this is the best generation of gaming ever
  • Kuningatar VKuningatar V322,697
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 06:07
    Worst sale ever !!
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,013,282
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 12:23
    JumboWario said:

Hello?

It's got at least a hundred hours of content and Rockstar was developing it for, what, 5+ years?! They put a ton of time into it and it's still a great game 3 years later (even on 360!) They still put out FREE updates and are adding content all the time. I would jump at the chance to pay $40 for it considering I could still easily justify paying $60. I see new videos of people playing the new content and I think 'wow that looks fun I should play GTA again'.

Be grateful the game goes on sale at all, considering it's probably still a top seller on Xbox One and 360.

rant over
    I've been rather disappointed in it after having owned it for the 360 for so long and finally 'upgrading'. I've tried everything but I just get terrible stuttering online.
  • HermitXBHermitXB133,782
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 14:28
    JumboWario said:

Hello?

rant over
    Because it's supposed to be a sale. Even with this sale you can get a physical version of the game cheaper. Also, we are bored of this game going on sale all of the time. It's a terrible week for sales again.
  • Fuzzy ChurroFuzzy Churro478,179
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 14:41
    These sales are too bad. The last games I bought on sale were Wolfenstein The New Order this past August and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor last fall. Hopefully Xbox Sales will improve because seeing GTA on sale countless times for that price is disappointing.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario968,313
    Posted on 29 September 16 at 14:44
    TurtleHermit0 said:
    JumboWario said:

Hello?

rant over
    Because it's supposed to be a sale. Even with this sale you can get a physical version of the game cheaper. Also, we are bored of this game going on sale all of the time. It's a terrible week for sales again.
    50% off is a sale. Even 30% off is pretty good.

If you want a cheaper physical copy, get one. Odds are it's probably used though so you are taking that risk that it might not work right.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 29 September 16 at 17:01
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Vandel Buster said:
    Yummy Baklava said:

Yeah, but we used a fake billing address to get it. However I personally don't think they will ban you for it.
    Did you also use a payment method that wasn't yours? It's sounding like you used a more dubious/illegal method more and more. :/

I changed my region once to get Angry Birds for free and I'm still golden. Granted, MS later said not to pull that stunt again on their website since everyone was doing it, but still. I did that and nadda.
  • Posted on 29 September 16 at 18:07
    Trikke den 1e said:
    No x360 stuff?
    Was expecting to see some DOA5LR costumes offers for the 360 too angry
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 30 September 16 at 05:37
    Vandel Buster said:
    Did you also use a payment method that wasn't yours?
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass was free in Argentina in November 2012. But whether you changed your account region to Argentina for 3 months or created an Argentina account, unless you actually lived in Argentina you had to provide a fake billing address.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 16 at 06:21
    GFWL deal on steam in USD for CodeMaster games
    Ends Monday 10am Pacific Time

Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $2.49
    F1 2011 - $3.74
    F1 2010- -$2.49
  • MtldMtld2,144,996
    Posted on 30 September 16 at 13:42
    ^ Watch out though, because I believe you cannot access DLC on OF:RR with Steam...
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,655,771
    Posted on 01 October 16 at 08:06
    Aquahaze2 said:
    The Globalizer said:
    WickedDeath said:
    what a bunch of sorry this sale is just like the last sale. How can they justify paying that much real money (ON SALE EVEN) for some fake ass game cash. and CTA V on sale for $39? how old is that game now? another pass.......
    Have to agree, and it's well past time for a real sale on GTA5. I'd probably jump at $15, but this $30+ crap as a *sale* is crazy.
    Its because its still the best game on "current gen" and arguably still the best game on last gen. I mean what would be next line, fallout 4? just to show you how fucking empty this generation has been, the most hyped upcoming game right now..is Skyrim.
    A 60$ copy of skyrim no less, and its still going to be a best seller!

In conclusion this is the best generation of gaming ever
    Really has nothing to do with my point, and neither GTA5 nor FO4 are top titles in my estimation, having played both to completion (minus FO4 DLC).

The only reason I'm even looking at GTA5 for X1 is to transfer my MP progression over. The SP was OK, worth replaying, but overall a second (updated) copy of the game really isn't worth more than $10 to me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.