The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: October 4th, 2016

• Drew5195Drew5195665,698
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 16:32Permalink
    Halder said:
    as others have said, we want the DLC on sale individually.

Valley of the Yetis (Far cry 4)
    Bad Blood (watch dogs)
    have never been on sale on there own :(
    Been waiting for this go on sale for 360 and one. It been ages and never appear on sale yet.
  • Posted on 04 October 16 at 16:37Permalink
    i will never buy watch_dogs seasons pass without it being on sale. im sick of these complete editions sales!!!
  • KillipoKillipo264,752
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 17:06Permalink
    Sean Reinhardl said:
    Gordon Lea said:
    Hate when they do complete editions and not just the season pass by itself
    So true I want AC and watch dogs session passes to go on sale but don't want to have buy the game again with it.
    I wish you could at least do it the steam way where a package will go on sale that includes the game + DLCs listed individually. If you own any of the items, you can buy the bundle and it will subtract the items you already own. So package deals often come out even cheaper than buying everything on sale separately, whether or not you own some of it already.

This is why I'm very apprehensive about buying parts of games such as Killer Instinct and DOA5; if I get part of it on sale, there's a huge chance the parts I have left wont ever be on sale by themselves. The "ultra edition" type packages do list the DLC separately in the store page ("in this bundle") but I don't think you get anything subtracted from the price AFAIK.
  • Posted on 04 October 16 at 17:27Permalink
    Finally picked up Siege. Great sale.
    Walkthrough Supervisor and Site Help Editor here on TA | Moderator and Newshound on TSA
  • matdanmatdan701,055
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 17:38Permalink
    Glad I got Watch_Dogs with it's DLC a few sales back.

Stuffed on Far Cry 4 and Splinter Cell Conviction though. May just have to bite like with Future Soldier as Ubisoft is allergic to DLC sales.
  • Rista BRista B445,006
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 17:50Permalink
    AC Syndicate pricing is silly. Amazon has the base game for sale under $20 almost every single day. They need to reflect the real market price in the US (can't speak to other regions) and get serious about offering a decent price on either the base game, the gold edition or both.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • elSmitmysterelSmitmyster1,157,995
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 18:14Permalink
    Been waiting for 360 Valiant Hearts so very happyclap
  • Posted on 04 October 16 at 18:42Permalink
    Rista B said:
    AC Syndicate pricing is silly. Amazon has the base game for sale under $20 almost every single day. They need to reflect the real market price in the US (can't speak to other regions) and get serious about offering a decent price on either the base game, the gold edition or both.
    They don't NEED to reflect the market price because A) They can price whatever they want since it's their marketplace and B) they can charge a premium because of the convenience you are getting for not having to go to the store and buy one or wait days for it to be shipped to you. The convenience of getting it "on demand" is usually worth something to consumers.
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo199,625
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 18:55Permalink
    capicawl said:
    I guess I better just suck it up and pay for the ghost recon future soldier dlc at full price.
    Same here with AC:Revelations, I've been waiting for sales on the DLC for more than 3 years ...

Similarly, I'd buy the two Ghost Recons games if the DLCs were also on 75% off sales ...
  • Posted on 04 October 16 at 19:00Permalink
    Why is it Playstation have season pass sales and Xbox don't?

Very annoying.

I'm going to stop buying games when they come out and wait for the inevitable game + season pass sale.
  • Chris8875Chris8875511,866
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 20:29Permalink
    Valiant Hearts - just go get it at that price.

The Splatters is an interesting, challenging game too. Have to get back into it.
  • Posted on 04 October 16 at 21:00Permalink
    Halder said:

Bad Blood (watch dogs)
    The season pass for WD was on sale at least twice for less than the BB-DLC alone.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 October 16 at 22:22Permalink
    Bought The Bunker, I'm really interested to see what that one is like.

Wish Watch Dogs would sell Bad Blood DLC on it's own for a cheaper price too! roll
    Gamers don't die, we respawn!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,547
    Posted on 04 October 16 at 22:51, Edited on 04 October 16 at 23:06 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Holy Murderer5 said:
    ^^^^^^This, Stop selling complete bundles and not the dlc! It just punishes the people who spent more to get the game on release , fucking microsoft, havent they got enough money
    and the people who bought the bundles day 1 spent more than the people who just bought the game.

Since the Xbox One came out, the best way to buy a game is wait for the first sale on the bundle and get that. Besides, it's not really the bundles that are on the sale, but the game inside the bundle.

Rainbow Six Siege: Game = $50, Season Pass = $30, Bundle = $80
    Sale: Game = $30, Season Pass = $30, Bundle = $56

So if there was a sale on the Season Pass it wouldn't be less than $26, a saving of $4, so you aren't missing much.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Borg561Borg561135,874
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 00:46Permalink
    maguzzolo said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    The Season pass items are already sale items, that's why they rarely ever show up on offer.

Holy Murderer5 said:
    ^^^^^^This, Stop selling complete bundles and not the dlc! It just punishes the people who spent more to get the game on release , fucking microsoft, havent they got enough money
    Welcome to business...
    How people (with 6-digits gamerscore!) still think it's Microsoft selling them games, it's beyond me... facepalm
    You're giving your money to Ubisoft, guys. And it's Ubisoft who doesn't want to sell you the standalone season pass. MS "only" collects a fee.
    Just want to point out that the score listed here is TA Score, not gamerscore. My score will show 6-digits, but my gamerscore is nowhere close to that.

Back on topic, add me to the group that would like to see companies put DLC and season passes on sale, not just the game and the game bundles.
  • Rista BRista B445,006
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 00:55Permalink
    Silicon Iceman said:
    Rista B said:
    They don't NEED to reflect the market price because A) They can price whatever they want since it's their marketplace and B) they can charge a premium because of the convenience you are getting for not having to go to the store and buy one or wait days for it to be shipped to you. The convenience of getting it "on demand" is usually worth something to consumers.
    Seems a tad silly to imply that the MS marketplace is immune from competition but I'm more than happy to buy at the lowest possible price and I have no issue waiting or going to a store to pay less. Especially since many of these games have been out for months. Few more days or weeks won't make a difference. MS can choose to ignore the market and I'll choose to ignore their sale. To each their own.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • HalderHalder315,000
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 08:44Permalink
    ComboChrist said:
    Halder said:

Bad Blood (watch dogs)
    The season pass for WD was on sale at least twice for less than the BB-DLC alone.
    when?
    i've just looked back through the News/sale posts for watch dogs right back to the release of the bad blood DLC and its never been mentioned on sale on this site.
  • Hyv3riniaHyv3rinia4,613
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 10:09Permalink
    not sure but i think i'll pass seeing most of these games will be on sale again in a month or two... ^^"
  • pseudoidolpseudoidol94,800
    Posted on 05 October 16 at 10:17Permalink
    Halder said:

Bad Blood (watch dogs)
    Valley of the Yetis had better not go on sale any time soon, I got sick of waiting for it to go on sale an paid full price for it literally 6 hours ago... man I would have been pissed if it was half price just hours after paying full price.
    pseudoidol Looking to boost: AVP HALO 3 HALO 5 KILLER INSTINCT
  • Posted on 05 October 16 at 12:25, Edited on 05 October 16 at 12:26 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    In regards to all the people talking about season pass sales, even with the complete editons, they've been pretty shifty sometimes where the complete edition sale price is just the main game sale price + the season pass full price (happens with Witcher usually).

However, in these sales, if you don't own Far Cry 4, you're literally getting the Season Pass for $4 (based off the sale price of the game itself). It's literally cheaper to buy the Gold Edition of the game than just the Season Pass right now.

Plus the Season Pass would have to be quite on sale for most achievement hunters to care I'd imagine. I'm sure there are more people than I who only want the Yeti DLC, since it's the only one with achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.