Game Discussion: Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)

Most of the DLC is currently free in the ingame marketplace

• EarthboundXEarthboundX2,257,504
    Posted on 09 October 16 at 11:53
    Just got the game on the 360, and most of the DLC is free now, but only if you turn the game on and go to the Marketplace, it's still priced on the Xbox website, and the 360's marketplace.

Figured I'd give a heads up, seems no one else has said anything about this, Google didn't find anyone else mentioning it.
    Posted on 11 October 16 at 07:34, Edited on 11 October 16 at 07:37 by EarthboundX
    So has no one else been able to confirm this?

I just checked for the 4th time, and no I don't have any season passes for either version of the game but the DLC was still free, I have what was free all downloaded.

It was all the $9.99 DLC, plus 3-5 of the outfits.
    Posted on 11 October 16 at 10:55, Edited on 11 October 16 at 11:02 by EarthboundX
    Ok, loaded up the game to get the 20 year credit pack, and it told me about the DLC on the title screen, but in the marketplace, they are priced again.

So if I delete them, I don't think I'll have them anymore, gonna check my recent downloads list.

So yeah, it must have been a glitch. But I believe I still have the DLC for now. Looks like it's in my download history, so It's mine forever I guess, but I can only redownload it from there.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,387
    Posted on 11 October 16 at 17:04
    Yeah I checked after reading but no luck. Must have been a short time glitch angry
    Posted on 12 October 16 at 12:44
    Yeah, never heard of something like this happening before.
  • halohogghalohogg120,071
    Posted on 09 November 16 at 16:13
    Please Archive this clickbait.
    kh
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 07:34
    It wasn't clickbait, I did indeed get all the DLC for free when I posted this, I'd archive this, but I can't figured out how to do so.
  • FlattmeisterFlattmeister469,362
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 12:37
    Is it free now?
    Find it abit peculiar you've responded to the guy's comment that's about 2-3 yrs old. Lol
    I don't know how you archive either.
    I guess you were just very lucky getting all the dlc free, you found a glitch in the matrix.
    Toasty!
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 01:12, Edited on 02 May 18 at 10:32 by EarthboundX
    Yeah, I guess this post is pretty old, I just happened to see it because I just started playing the game. Plus maybe someone would reply and tell me how to archive this.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,100,629
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 16:15
    I don't think "normal" users can archive threads.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • TecBioTecBio310,786
    Posted on 25 May 19 at 18:58
    Guys, EarthboundX is right, i started to hunt the rest of the achievements for ROTTB last month and the dlc were actually free, i did get them too. Lucky i was fast enough to get them because they does not count as ''bought'' in the in-game store after i got them.
  • kd rio 007kd rio 007502,540 502,540 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 July 21 at 20:37
    Can confirm July 2021. Cold darkness, Baba Yaga and Endurance are free. A few outfits are free also
  • BelskirnirBelskirnir481,866
    Posted on 28 April 22 at 09:56
    any update on this? is the DLC still appearing as free? if so I might have to get a copy of this and stack it
  • atryeu1atryeu1448,641
    Posted on 16 May 22 at 04:51
    Belskirnir said:
    any update on this? is the DLC still appearing as free? if so I might have to get a copy of this and stack it
    Did you ever find out about this? I'm curious as well, although the copy on 360 is a bit pricey for a new factory sealed copy. Still cheaper than their digital price but not by much LoL Not interested at all at paying $60 total for the game & DLC for sure though. Only paid $60-70 for games like 4-5 times in my entire gaming life since the 80s. $20 or less is more my price however this game never dropped in price like most do a year or so after release :(
    Posted on 16 May 22 at 07:58
    atryeu1 said:
    Belskirnir said:
    Did you ever find out about this? I'm curious as well, although the copy on 360 is a bit pricey for a new factory sealed copy. Still cheaper than their digital price but not by much LoL Not interested at all at paying $60 total for the game & DLC for sure though. Only paid $60-70 for games like 4-5 times in my entire gaming life since the 80s. $20 or less is more my price however this game never dropped in price like most do a year or so after release :(
    I'm seeing 20 bucks on Amazon for like new copies.
  • atryeu1atryeu1448,641
    Posted on 16 May 22 at 08:09
    EarthboundX said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Belskirnir said:
    I'm seeing 20 bucks on Amazon for like new copies.
    The one I had in my wishlist forever was for factory sealed for $35. I'm reluctant to buy used online if I can't see the quality. Their idea of "Like New" and mine are sometimes completely different. I did see that copy too however, for like $4 shipping also right? If I buy used I prefer to buy local where I can see it before I buy it. For one resurfaced discs almost always refuse to work for me and other times I've found things covered in nasty food and greasy prints and covered in deep scratches.... Rather just see what I'm buying first honestly, especially in the case of food residue where I'm deathly allergic to some very common things -_-

My price above though was for the $30 game + $30 for the 3 DLC according to TA. That's where when I saw this, if the DLC was for some reason free then $30 for the factory sealed game wouldn't be as big of an issue for me to buy.
    Posted on 16 May 22 at 08:19, Edited on 16 May 22 at 08:20 by EarthboundX
    Ebay might be a better bet then, they usually have photos.

Gamefly is probably the best for used games, they are always in amazing shape. I've bought over 100(Probably a few hundreds games possibly)games from them over the years, and only I think one game didn't work. They stopped selling anything past the Xbox/PS4 gen though.

Not sure the last time the 360 version's DLC has been on sale, the Xbox One versions are on sale all the time it seems like. Xbox 360 DLC is pretty much never on sale for anything anymore sadly.
  • BelskirnirBelskirnir481,866
    Posted on 18 May 22 at 14:37
    atryeu1 said:
    Belskirnir said:
    unfortunately they are not free :(
  • atryeu1atryeu1448,641
    Posted on 18 May 22 at 20:05
    Belskirnir said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Belskirnir said:
    unfortunately they are not free :(
    Alright, thanks. I didn't figure they were but part of me had a bit of hope when I saw this. Thanks for the update!
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 12:10
    I was able to get the dlc for free like 2 weeks ago. It was my first time ever booting up the 360 version and I just went right to the marketplace and all the expansions and a few outfits were listed as free to purchase. So I purchased and installed them all without quitting out of the game. After a reboot I went back to the in game marketplace and they all cost money again, but I can still play everything I downloaded. So it might not work for everyone, but it's worth a shot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads