The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: October 11th, 2016

AuthorMessage
Grandwicky
396,510
Grandwicky
Posted on 12 October 16 at 16:30
Why is Catherine not on sale in Europe? cry
TurtleHermit0
Posted on 12 October 16 at 17:00
When you first look at it, the 360 deals look pretty decent, but they are just the same games on sale that have been on sale all year. It's boring seeing the same games on sale.
halohogg
92,375
halohogg
Posted on 12 October 16 at 17:35
Proposed correction: Far Cry 4 (360) is showing as $11.99 as opposed to $15.99 in the Marketplace.
kh
Lord BaneJ
252,263
Lord BaneJ
Posted on 12 October 16 at 17:51
I was hoping they will drastically reduced the price for Gears 3 season pass. Was once again disappointed ...
TheObserverOne
Posted on 12 October 16 at 18:09
Lot of 360 games, too bad this month was dedicated to buy the Xbox One S. Maybe I grab Prey with the leftover money on my account.
HolyHalfDead
466,026
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 12 October 16 at 18:45, Edited on 12 October 16 at 19:13 by HolyHalfDead
Grandwicky said:
Why is Catherine not on sale in Europe? cry
It's worse if you are in Japan or Germany, as none of these are on sale either:
Call of Duty Classic (DE)
Borderlands (JP)
Just Cause 2 (JP)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (JP)
Sleeping Dogs (DE)
Sleeping Dogs (JP)
The sales are run out of the US, and they often forget there are other regions.

halohogg said:
Proposed correction: Far Cry 4 (360) is showing as $11.99 as opposed to $15.99 in the Marketplace.
Assuming you are not Canadian (because the TA sale prices are in US$ and AU$), I think you are looking at the price in CA$. Try changing xbox.com to US.

If you are Canadian, then you should be looking at the Sales Hub where we have the Canadian (and German) prices, but not NZ$ cry
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
halohogg
92,375
halohogg
Posted on 12 October 16 at 20:01, Edited on 12 October 16 at 21:12 by halohogg
HolyHalfDead said:
Grandwicky said:
Why is Catherine not on sale in Europe? cry
It's worse if you are in Japan or Germany, as none of these are on sale either:
Call of Duty Classic (DE)
Borderlands (JP)
Just Cause 2 (JP)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (JP)
Sleeping Dogs (DE)
Sleeping Dogs (JP)
The sales are run out of the US, and they often forget there are other regions.

halohogg said:
Proposed correction: Far Cry 4 (360) is showing as $11.99 as opposed to $15.99 in the Marketplace.
Assuming you are not Canadian (because the TA sale prices are in US$ and AU$), I think you are looking at the price in CA$. Try changing xbox.com to US.

If you are Canadian, then you should be looking at the Sales Hub where we have the Canadian (and German) prices, but not NZ$ cry
That's a real steal then, because the $CA are rarely ever less than the $US. Most times they are equivalent enough, and I don't have to go searching. Also thanks for the tip on the Sales Hub which I did not know existed. (How do I navigate to it from the homepage?)
I'm noting however the Sales Hub is not as complete as the XBL Sales Roundup, as it does not include bundles (Black Ops III 360), DLC (Gears 360), nor Season Pass' (Assassins 360). Is there a way to see those sale prices, combined with the games, in $CA on TA, or do I have to go to xbox?
kh
ChewieOnIce
655,894
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 12 October 16 at 21:43
halohogg said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Grandwicky said:
Why is Catherine not on sale in Europe? cry
It's worse if you are in Japan or Germany, as none of these are on sale either:
Call of Duty Classic (DE)
Borderlands (JP)
Just Cause 2 (JP)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (JP)
Sleeping Dogs (DE)
Sleeping Dogs (JP)
The sales are run out of the US, and they often forget there are other regions.

halohogg said:
Proposed correction: Far Cry 4 (360) is showing as $11.99 as opposed to $15.99 in the Marketplace.
Assuming you are not Canadian (because the TA sale prices are in US$ and AU$), I think you are looking at the price in CA$. Try changing xbox.com to US.

If you are Canadian, then you should be looking at the Sales Hub where we have the Canadian (and German) prices, but not NZ$ cry
That's a real steal then, because the $CA are rarely ever less than the $US. Most times they are equivalent enough, and I don't have to go searching. Also thanks for the tip on the Sales Hub which I did not know existed. (How do I navigate to it from the homepage?)
I'm noting however the Sales Hub is not as complete as the XBL Sales Roundup, as it does not include bundles (Black Ops III 360), DLC (Gears 360), nor Season Pass' (Assassins 360). Is there a way to see those sale prices, combined with the games, in $CA on TA, or do I have to go to xbox?
Go to Xbox Sales from the Main Menu drop down. It's also linked on the right in sale articles. I don't know of any plans to add bundles and Season Passes as those items aren't tracked by the site. Also I'd be out of a job wink
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Duncos
563,727
Duncos
Posted on 12 October 16 at 22:59
If anyone picks up Prey I will be more than happy to boost online. Send me a PM
They call me Commander Shepard.
xMachammerx
415,360
xMachammerx
Posted on 13 October 16 at 04:05
Think with the new release of Mafia 3, it's time for me to finally pick up Mafia 2. Might pick up Catherine and Sleeping Dogs as well.
Lazy with Style
Posted on 13 October 16 at 06:35, Edited on 13 October 16 at 06:39 by Lazy with Style
darkmafia99 said:
Lol you are going to hate me as I found the complete edition of AC3 a few months ago for 1.99 CDN, brand new at a local EB games, with the seasons pass card unscratched, and I traded in my PS3 copy of that game for 3$
Thats a great discount! I also tried to get a hand on the complete edition but its very expensive in my country and the DLC codes have expired here even if you find an untouched version. So I hope you can redeem them. Ubisoft customer support won't help here in Germany. Amazon comments of this item are full of complaints and rants about that because its still advertised as "with MP and Story DLCs included". So this was not an option for me.
Stylish Laziness
Pare ESP
1,171,387
Pare ESP
Posted on 13 October 16 at 11:03
ChewieOnIce said:
Twobby said:
Mirror's Edge 100% off and still costs $4.94..
Proscaline said:
You missed Saints Row The Third
rekikire said:
Shouldn't SSX have the (BC) tag?
Fixed, fixed & fixed toast
Just one more Chewie

Forza horizon 2 VIP pass should be at 75% reduction instead of 50% wink
Chob
204,754
Chob
Posted on 13 October 16 at 12:03
Wouldn't it be nice if we could filter this DLC list for games one owns, or even hide my games? :)

Just my 2 cents
XCaptainMexico
Posted on 13 October 16 at 13:06
YES! Finally an assassins creed dlc sale! I've been waiting for so long. Now if only the rest would go on sale.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 13 October 16 at 18:04
Rhyolitic said:
Of fucking course they can put the Season Pass for Far Cry 4 on sale...on the 360. But put it on sale for the One? Apparently, it's nigh on impossible to divorce the season pass from the base game.
Really is a troubling trend.
Ask me about my rock collection.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 13 October 16 at 18:52, Edited on 13 October 16 at 18:55 by Elite1111111111
dropK1CK ninJA said:
Rhyolitic said:
Of fucking course they can put the Season Pass for Far Cry 4 on sale...on the 360. But put it on sale for the One? Apparently, it's nigh on impossible to divorce the season pass from the base game.
Really is a troubling trend.
It's even more annoying when you look at the complete editions of some sales. Last week, Far Cry 4 was $20 and the 'Gold Edition' was $24 dollars. That's $4 for a $30 season pass... if you don't own the game. Hell buying the Gold Edition was cheaper than buying JUST the season pass.

Edit; Coincidentally it is currently $15 on Amazon. Not too crazy if you only want the Yeti DLC for the achievements, but it's something.
Rhyolitic
367,649
Rhyolitic
Posted on 13 October 16 at 18:59
Elite1111111111 said:
dropK1CK ninJA said:
Rhyolitic said:
Of fucking course they can put the Season Pass for Far Cry 4 on sale...on the 360. But put it on sale for the One? Apparently, it's nigh on impossible to divorce the season pass from the base game.
Really is a troubling trend.
It's even more annoying when you look at the complete editions of some sales. Last week, Far Cry 4 was $20 and the 'Gold Edition' was $24 dollars. That's $4 for a $30 season pass... if you don't own the game. Hell buying the Gold Edition was cheaper than buying JUST the season pass.

Edit; Coincidentally it is currently $15 on Amazon. Not too crazy if you only want the Yeti DLC for the achievements, but it's something.
I said to hell with it last week and bought the Gold edition, even though I just bought the disc version of the base game. I figure it was acceptable as it means I can install the base game from the disc, saving myself a shit load of time for downloading (only have a 5Mb connection), but then can play w/o the disc in the drive.
WickedDeath
460,001
WickedDeath
Posted on 13 October 16 at 20:41
another shit week of the same ole same ole sales. Disappointing is an under statement. 360 got a great sale and we got nothing, Star wars battlefront again, how many times has this appeared to date?
Tatl360
203,808
Tatl360
Posted on 13 October 16 at 22:45
Nothing for me this week too.
I also like XBLA sales more, becuase I prefer physical and seldom buy games on demand.
Alysandros
104,018
Alysandros
Posted on 17 October 16 at 15:29
Stop complaining about Season Passes on sale for X360 and not One. :-D

I think it's the first time Far Cry 4 SP is on sale for X360.

Also the Watch Dogs SP is not discounted in Europe.
WHY?!?!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.