Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Silent Hill: Downpour, Eat Lead and Puzzle Quest Now Backwards Compatible

• Posted on 13 October 16 at 23:18
    They must be cooking some high profile games for the 1 year anniversary right?Right?????
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,506,948
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 00:00
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    They must be cooking some high profile games for the 1 year anniversary right?Right?????
    Arbitrary milestones are the best milestones. smile
    My favourite colour is red
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,486,355
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 00:29
    Would be nice to be able to sort by Xbox one and bwc games for easy achievements, games, etc
    Yes, I know I am.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 October 16 at 02:11
    imaidiot19 said:
    Would be nice to be able to sort by Xbox one and bwc games for easy achievements, games, etc
    Not sure if you're joking ... but if you're not:

Games page - Platform = Xbox 360 and XBL - Other filters: BC
    Sort by ratio ascending, bazinga!

Easiest three BC games:
    Sonic the Fighters
    Altered Beast
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

TitianDan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CanadianWhizKid said:
    Is it possible to include a count of the total BC games in the full list? Just at the bottom I mean, I'm curious to know what the full total is now.
    It's not specifically what you're asking, but recently Major Nelson tweeted that the list went over 250.
    According to wiki its now 270 :)
    TA is now tracking exactly 278 smile
    Here comes fresh fire ...
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,013,160
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 02:56
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    imaidiot19 said:

Easiest three BC games:
    Sonic the Fighters
    Altered Beast

TitianDan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CanadianWhizKid said:
    Is it possible to include a count of the total BC games in the full list? Just at the bottom I mean, I'm curious to know what the full total is now.
    It's not specifically what you're asking, but recently Major Nelson tweeted that the list went over 250.
    They mean Xbox One and BC, as in, a way to show every game you can play on your One.
  • YoDzYoDz628,421
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 03:35
    Just completed Eat Lead a few weeks ago, as a FPS addict it was nice to play a game(yes I know it's 3rd person) that pokes fun at popular shooters, the levels with 2D Doom/Wolfenstien looking enemies was really fun.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 October 16 at 04:28
    sweet just joined the xbox community and always wanted to play silent hill downpour haven't tried the others though, are they worth playing?
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo376,193
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 04:33, Edited on 14 October 16 at 04:36 by KBop a doo
    DeMoNBaLoRKiNgX said:
    sweet just joined the xbox community and always wanted to play silent hill downpour haven't tried the others though, are they worth playing?
    Welcome! smile I really enjoy Silent Hill 2 and 3, which are found in Silent Hill HD Collection, but you might find them a tad dated if you didn't get the pleasure of playing them back when they were new.

Edit: I also just considered that you might only own an Xbox One, so sadly right now the only Silent Hill game you'd be able to access is Downpour.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 October 16 at 07:47
    KBop a doo said:
    DeMoNBaLoRKiNgX said:
    Welcome! smile I really enjoy Silent Hill 2 and 3, which are found in Silent Hill HD Collection, but you might find them a tad dated if you didn't get the pleasure of playing them back when they were new.

Edit: I also just considered that you might only own an Xbox One, so sadly right now the only Silent Hill game you'd be able to access is Downpour.
    ok kool yes I only have an xbox one but will definetly pick up the hd collection in case of it being put on in the future
  • DimmockDimmock560,640
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 09:42
    Eat lead was such a fun game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 October 16 at 12:14
    Elite1111111111 said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    imaidiot19 said:

Easiest three BC games:
    Sonic the Fighters
    Altered Beast

TitianDan said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CanadianWhizKid said:
    They mean Xbox One and BC, as in, a way to show every game you can play on your One.
    Wow, so it's too much effort to open a second tab with XO games? Lazy bums!
    Here comes fresh fire ...
  • MidnightieCXMidnightieCX116,504 116,504 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 12:41
    I loved Silent Hill Downpour until it crashed at the same point repeatedly, even with new copies.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 October 16 at 13:25
    I've somehow managed to go my entire life never playing a Silent Hill game so I will get this one. clap
    All your base are belong to us!
  • lowmen1990lowmen1990128,903
    Posted on 14 October 16 at 14:40
    Great News, next horror for playing :)
  • Posted on 14 October 16 at 17:50
    The original Puzzle Quest was pretty fun. The 2nd one was....let's just say not fun.
  • FigbenderFigbender770,688
    Posted on 15 October 16 at 00:12
    cool, maybe now i can finally play eat lead glitch free... Maybe
  • misfit119misfit1191,088,735
    Posted on 15 October 16 at 05:30
    So the only good game released this week is the XBL Arcade title eh? Weird but happy to have the first Puzzle Quest to play. Silent Hill Downpour was seemingly an experiment in taking the worst elements of SH: Origins and Shattered Memories and making a horrible baby with terrible achievements. Eat Lead was a joke that went on for too damn long. That should have been an XBLA game. A few hours? Sure. But it was waaaay too long.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.