The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: October 18th, 2016

• darkmafia99darkmafia991,181,921
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 08:44, Edited on 19 October 16 at 08:45 by darkmafia99
    Is the Fallout season pass worth it guys, its 46 here in Canada, and I'm very tempted to pull the trigger, since thinking the most it'll go on sale might be like 50% in the near future, which would only be a $11 difference, and I don't feel like waiting, but anyone who played it, is the content worth it?
  • Nana LurgiNana Lurgi156,232
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 10:15
    darkmafia99 said:
    Is the Fallout season pass worth it guys, its 46 here in Canada, and I'm very tempted to pull the trigger, since thinking the most it'll go on sale might be like 50% in the near future, which would only be a $11 difference, and I don't feel like waiting, but anyone who played it, is the content worth it?
    46% off? I'd say it's worth it. Far Harbour and Nuka Cola World are great and offer a lot of extra game time. Vault Tec worksop and Automatron are good as side quests. I had no interest in the other two, but they could be good if you like building.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899397,824
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 11:58
    darkmafia99 said:
    No not really, not if you love rpgs.
    Far Harbour is great...
    Nuka world is good (be a raider and kill all your friends from the first part of the game)
    Autmaton is great but too short...
    then other bits of dlc..
    are make a vault.. a machine to make armor and weapons and cages.. I found them boring and it took me an hour to get the gs on the vault and machine dlc... the cages are not that interesting.. but I do not like the whole built your settlement (minecraft) vibe.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899397,824
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 11:59
    oh 46 percent off.. yeah it is worth it just for far harbour.. and nuka world..
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,419
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 12:05
    Rista B said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Missing the Fallout 4 Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Bundle.
    I was also thinking those were missing...
    Apologies, these have now been added toast
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • vegansoundvegansound848,335
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 12:23
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Do you own it on the 360?
    That was it, well done. I have FF pack 01, 02 and 03 for Rock Band 1 on 360, I checked, and they're all three free for RB4 on One.

Thanks, Elite.
  • Kuningatar VKuningatar V309,201
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 12:36
    Dogeatr00 said:
    PrettyPanther70 said:
    Kuningatar V said:
    Fallout 4 season pass and Raiden V are must! But what about old Tomb raiders? 10-12h completions seems ok but how retro stuff are they? My only TR experience is the Tomb Raider reboot :)
    I loved the 360 trilogy, and they are a steal at that price. Do be aware that the DLC for Legends is the Anniversary game again, so if you are happy to play through it an extra time that's cool. Legends and anniversary play like old school tomb raider (anniversary *is* the first game remade) and Underworld adds new stuff but plays very much like the other two and was my favourite in the series.
    Thank you for the info on the TR games... I loved Legends, did not play the others.

Raiden V all the way, steal of the week.
    Thanks guys for the tips! Noticed that TR Legends DLC is almost 20e.... maybe not
  • oaksproutoaksprout502,789
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 14:36
    Why is the Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass not on sale by itself? Everything else seems to be....
  • darkmafia99darkmafia991,181,921
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 17:58
    Darklord1899 said:
    darkmafia99 said:
    Far Harbour is great...
    Nuka world is good (be a raider and kill all your friends from the first part of the game)
    then other bits of dlc..
    are make a vault.. a machine to make armor and weapons and cages.. I found them boring and it took me an hour to get the gs on the vault and machine dlc... the cages are not that interesting.. but I do not like the whole built your settlement (minecraft) vibe.
    Its 33% off still, sorry I should have said $46 CAD lol, but hmmm the two story packs look really good, and I have wanted to played them, and I doubt it'll drop in price anytime soon, and no ultimate or GOTY edition has been announced yet, if only our $ was par with the US again
  • HermitXBHermitXB129,127
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 18:00
    These Xbox One deals have been terrible of late. Anything that goes on sale is still massively overpriced, i would hardly call it a sale.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,331
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 18:26, Edited on 19 October 16 at 20:39 by HolyHalfDead
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 18:42, Edited on 19 October 16 at 18:46 by HolyHalfDead
    oaksprout said:
    Why is the Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass not on sale by itself? Everything else seems to be....
    It is unusal to see this many Season Passes on sale on the Xbox One. When you see 30% off Rise of the Tomb Raider Deluxe (aka 20th Anniversary) what you are really seeing is 50% of Rise of the Tomb Raider ($20) + Season Pass ($29). So if there was a sale on just the Season Pass, it would only be $1 off. Since they are still releasing Season Pass content it wasn't likely to be on sale anyway.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,813
    Posted on 19 October 16 at 19:35
    ghostlymostly said:
    the gta megalodon deal is as old as the megalodon itself :)
    I would've said as old as an anomalocaris, but that's just me. laugh

darkmafia99 said:
    Darklord1899 said:
    darkmafia99 said:
    Far Harbour is great...
    then other bits of dlc..
    Its 33% off still, sorry I should have said $46 CAD lol, but hmmm the two story packs look really good, and I have wanted to played them, and I doubt it'll drop in price anytime soon, and no ultimate or GOTY edition has been announced yet, if only our $ was par with the US again
    Keep in mind that the Season Pass for Fallout 4 was originally $30 (whatever that is in that Monopoly money you Canadians use laugh) before it was bumped up to $50. So you're still paying more than what it cost originally. I'd wait for a 50% or more sale before buying it, especially if you have other games to play. Also, it's getting close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Christmas time, so there might be better deals in the near future.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,948
    Posted on 20 October 16 at 11:40
    it actually works out cheaper to buy all the Fallout 4 dlc separately instead of getting the season pass looking at the UK prices laugh
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • AUTONmAUTONm105,675
    Posted on 20 October 16 at 15:29
    Where can I find these on the Dashboard ??

I see the Gold Deals, but nothing listed specifically for all of these mentioned on this thread?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,419
    Posted on 20 October 16 at 16:21
    AUTONm said:
    Where can I find these on the Dashboard ??

I see the Gold Deals, but nothing listed specifically for all of these mentioned on this thread?
    I don't know about the dashboard but you can buy them on the microsoft website (follow the price links from here) and they'll appear on the ready to install list.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,060
    Posted on 20 October 16 at 20:31
    My Power Ranger will look badass in that Porsche!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv684,915
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath509,468
    Posted on 20 October 16 at 21:51
    another shit sale with repeaters that never stop. GTA V? how many times are we gonna see "SAVE BIG ON GTA V" and not really save BIG. Next week Star Wars battlefront will be on sale AGAIN.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.