Eurydace
Posted on 23 October 16 at 17:31
Imagine playing Rock Band with friends!

Please click here to read the story: TGN First Impression: Rock Band Rivals
MarekVit
MarekVit
Posted on 23 October 16 at 18:10
Loving it so far.

The rockudrama thing is not as bad as it originally seemed. The acting is cheesy, but definitely not as cheesy as the acting in Need for Speed, for example. It seems to be the main campaign mode that the game kind of deserves. Definitely like it better than the campaign in the previous RB titles.

RIVALS - I love the competition, even without synchronou multiplayer the game is mucgh more fun now that it was before.... before you just focused on the leaderboards and that was it. This definitely added a lot to the game.
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 23 October 16 at 18:10
Still have a sour taste in my mouth from the disappointment that was Rock Band 4 at launch. Had they simply waited and had all this stuff on the original game(along with like 200 other features they left out) instead of rushing it to release before Guitar Hero, maybe my view of Harmonix woudn't have become so negative. Not to mention the utter chaos it was trying to get a legacy adaptor at launch even though I pre ordered the damn thing.
S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 23 October 16 at 18:25
Eurydace with the amazing articles ! laugh
Will Cruz/Gamer/Nerd/Twitter @WillCBlogs
TheOmegaOne99
Posted on 23 October 16 at 18:28
I need band mates GT: Theomegaone99
Hairy Cabbage
Hairy Cabbage
Posted on 23 October 16 at 18:48, Edited on 23 October 16 at 18:50 by Hairy Cabbage
Its an absolute joke that we have to buy this to play the online MP that we were told was coming over a year ago when the game came out. Contacted amazon the other day for a full refund of my game + the adaptor because of this..... They accepted even though i bought it day 1.

If they want to charge 30 Dollars for it they should have at least included songs to justify paying such a retarded amount for features that, lets be honest, should have been in the game day one...
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 23 October 16 at 20:55
Hairy Cabbage said:
Its an absolute joke that we have to buy this to play the online MP that we were told was coming over a year ago when the game came out. Contacted amazon the other day for a full refund of my game + the adaptor because of this..... They accepted even though i bought it day 1.

If they want to charge 30 Dollars for it they should have at least included songs to justify paying such a retarded amount for features that, lets be honest, should have been in the game day one...
Online will be free and doesn't require rivals.
Catching ZZZs
Catching ZZZs
Posted on 23 October 16 at 21:00
BruceWayne1008 said:
Hairy Cabbage said:

Really? I've only heard otherwise. I hope that's the case because I have zero intentions of buying rivals.
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 23 October 16 at 21:12
Hairy Cabbage said:

In December of last year, they said adding online multiplayer was "on the table", and it wasn't until April of this year that they announced it was coming and also said it would require the expansion. Why did you wait 6 months to ask for a refund?

Although no songs are included with the expansion post-launch, there were 10 songs included for anyone who pre-ordered during the 3 months leading up to its launch.
JiTeuBey
JiTeuBey
Posted on 23 October 16 at 21:41
BruceWayne1008 said:
Hairy Cabbage said:

Wrong
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 23 October 16 at 22:07, Edited on 23 October 16 at 22:18 by Calex dEUS
Yeah bitterly disappointed with this , rockudrama the number one feature no one asked for so good i skipped the cut-scenes and rivals mode great but not worth paying 30 quid for. It's basically a way to sell dlc to competitive types. No new songs included unless you pre-order.

And if the rumours are true multiplayer is locked behind this now too. A feature thats been in base RB games since RB2 and should have been in RB 4 since launch.

Also in terms of achievements , one looks like it will be unobtainable to all but an elite few ( medal for an individual) and the the level 50 one is a REAL grind.

EDIT: Also there is literally no point to the XP levelling system they have outside of rivals and even in rivals there is no reward or unlock for even ganing one level outside of achievements.
Hairy Cabbage
Hairy Cabbage
Posted on 23 October 16 at 22:10
Groudon199 said:
Hairy Cabbage said:

In December of last year, they said adding online multiplayer was "on the table", and it wasn't until April of this year that they announced it was coming and also said it would require the expansion. Why did you wait 6 months to ask for a refund?

Although no songs are included with the expansion post-launch, there were 10 songs included for anyone who pre-ordered during the 3 months leading up to its launch.
You almost just answered your own question, although i didn't wait 6 months, i waited around 13 months. Like you said, they didn't announce that they were going to charge for online until fairly recently, and i bought the game on release with the hope that they would eventually add it in a free update like was initially said. why would i refund the game BEFORE the announcement that online would cost? They didn't annoy me before they announced that. Also, i play a lot of games and don't keep up with every single announcement for every single game that i play so i didn't really know about it until pretty much the release of rivals. That is why i'm refunding.
A BANNED CRIBB
Posted on 23 October 16 at 22:29
I have a question unrelated to the DLC article. Are all the 360 songs and packages able to be played on RB4? I know at one point they were not compatible, which was the main reason I did not buy the game.
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 23 October 16 at 22:36
A BANNED CRIBB said:
I have a question unrelated to the DLC article. Are all the 360 songs and packages able to be played on RB4? I know at one point they were not compatible, which was the main reason I did not buy the game.
Most everything is there except stuff they couldn't get the licenses for and stuff that was already removed from the marketplace. So the Metallica, RHCP, and probably a bunch more aren't available for RB4 even if you have them already in the previous gen games. Also no Rock Band Network songs, unfortunately.
S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
Sir Loinsteak
Sir Loinsteak
Posted on 23 October 16 at 22:52
That was a very well done video. I hadn't really watched any videos like this from TA and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the video, keep up the good work.
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 24 October 16 at 00:07
OfficerBarbrady said:
Also no Rock Band Network songs, unfortunately.
They haven't outright said no, but they said if any of them do carry over, it won't be until after the removed songs are sorted out.
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 24 October 16 at 02:37
Groudon199 said:
OfficerBarbrady said:
Also no Rock Band Network songs, unfortunately.
They haven't outright said no, but they said if any of them do carry over, it won't be until after the removed songs are sorted out.
No, they've said No outright from the beginning blaming Microsofts lack of support.
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 24 October 16 at 02:51
JiTeuBey said:
BruceWayne1008 said:
Hairy Cabbage said:

Wrong
http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/25/11506648/rock-band-4-multi...

you let me know when they said they'll charge you for multiplayer content. I'll wait ... JiTeuBey
Nekroflame
Nekroflame
Posted on 24 October 16 at 03:29
A BANNED CRIBB said:
Every game setlist and track pack has transferred over. The only one that hasn't gone through for me yet is the Classic Rock Track Pack.
A BANNED CRIBB
Posted on 24 October 16 at 05:28
Thank you OfficerBarbrady and Nekroflame for answering my question.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.