The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: October 25th, 2016

• Stevo6483Stevo6483275,980
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 10:28
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    Should I bite for the walking dead title? Feel like its not a good sale, but i want it. Just on the fence cause I feel like a better sale could happen
    Only the first episode is on sale, the other 2 (or the season pass) are not. I'd like to play this game too but everyone I've spoken to who has played this game say each episode can be done in little over an hour.

The general consensus seems to be that the episodes in this game are shorter than those in the main season 1 & 2 games. Due to that I'm not willing to pay the prices they're selling the rest of this game at for such a short gameplay experience. I'm waiting til everything is at least 50% off.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Amazing AZAmazing AZ686,026
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 10:31
    Nice! I've been waiting for deals like this i'm buying Goosebumps (both versions), Resident Evil and The Walking Dead Michonne.
    Achievement/Trophy Hunter
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89500,700
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 10:33
    Stevo6483 said:
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    Should I bite for the walking dead title? Feel like its not a good sale, but i want it. Just on the fence cause I feel like a better sale could happen
    Only the first episode is on sale, the other 2 (or the season pass) are not.
    The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries (includes all episodes) 33% off US$10.04 / £6.96 / €8.70 / AU$11.56
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483275,980
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 11:17
    MattQuin89 said:
    Stevo6483 said:
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    Only the first episode is on sale, the other 2 (or the season pass) are not.
    The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries (includes all episodes) 33% off US$10.04 / £6.96 / €8.70 / AU$11.56
    D'oh! Missed that facepalm Still not a good enough discount for me however.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • TerrinTerrin2,807,200
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 11:53
    Proscaline said:
    Zedarboy said:
    Proscaline said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Win 10 Michonne entire game or just episode 1?
    Curious about this as well. Store shows $4.99 but I don't know if that's just the first episode.
    Further down the page on the store it shows in-app purchases. Episode 2 $4.99, episode 3 $4.99 or both for $7.99. So the whole game costs $12.98.
    Gotcha, thanks. So not on sale I guess laugh
    yea sorry about that its listed in the shocktober sale page for w10, but they didn't put the sale live or it just listed there but going on sale.

Same with sheltered, the walking dead escapist. both are standard price but in the store listed under shocktober sales no idea if its just a oversite (not like the w10 store gets much love anyways)
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 12:02
    BanjoRebel said:
    I am so thankful for this site, especially at times like these, because a lot of these deals don't appear on the main deals page on the Xbox One dashboard & sometimes I can't even find them when digging... Thank you so much, TA team :)
    Me too. It's funny how M$ can't even display the Xboxes deals in a similar way to make it easy to its customers. I stopped following Major Nelson's blog a while ago and think that TA makes a much better job at it.

About the deals, I've recently bought The Evil Within and it's good... if terror games are your thing.
    Wonfenstein The Old Blood is also a good game, although The New Order was a little better.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • LvxLvx284,696
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 12:48
    Is there any way to obtain Jeremy McGrath's Offroad in Europe?
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 12:57
    Too bad Walking Dead season 2 and Layers of Fear are not up for sale, because the PS store does have it for sale... cry
  • Yinga GartenYinga Garten2,038,462
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 14:08
    Not a bad sale at all. Will sell my disc copy of The Evil Within (which I haven't started yet) and get digital deluxe along with Outlast bundle.
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 16:05
    Outsider Fenix said:
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    I wish they would offer some deeper cuts on bundled items if you all ready own the base game (looking at you Destiny)
    You get Destiny for less than $7 used. How deep of a discount would you expect? Haha.
    More than $10 to repurchase content I all ready have and can't resell.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • AncientTidesAncientTides239,100
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 16:54
    Outlast or The Evil Within?
  • Lucky BrianLucky Brian324,743
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 17:02
    Lvx said:
    Is there any way to obtain Jeremy McGrath's Offroad in Europe?
    I was wondering the same.
  • De4thCrunchDe4thCrunch893,738
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 17:20
    AncientTides said:
    Evil
    I am the Bird of Hermes. I devoured my own wings and that... is how I was tamed.
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 18:06
    Here's a question for you - I've got Red Dead on disc, but I never played the Undead DLC. How would that work on backward compatible? Would I be able to download it digitally onto my One and play or only on my 360?
  • Darth XialDarth Xial725,985
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 18:27, Edited on 26 October 16 at 18:33 by Darth Xial
    The Evil Within Season Pass for XboxOne 50% off. German marketplace 9,99€
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 18:53
    C'mon Michonne, you need to be 50% off...
  • Torakiki360Torakiki360260,141
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 18:54
    AncientTides said:
    Get both. And a defibrillator.
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 19:56
    Torakiki360 said:
    AncientTides said:
    Get both. And a defibrillator.
    laugh
  • Posted on 26 October 16 at 20:14
    Just to be clear; The Walking Dead Michonne season pass is on sale for $10.04, which is three episodes (roughly $3.33 per episode each), right?

Alternatively, I can buy episode 1 at a discount of $2.50, but would still have to pay full price ($4.99) for the two remaining episodes, which comes out to a grand total of 12.48.

So if you buy the season pass, you're getting a total of $2.44 off if you were to buy all three episodes separate today.

I'm assuming that the people who are hesitating pulling the trigger on this believe that episodes 2 and 3 will be getting discounts in the future (thus making it cheaper than the season pass on sale now), correct? After all, if episode 1 is $2.50 now on sale, that could be an indication that episodes 2 and 3 will also be on sale for that amount sometime in the future (which would be a total of $7.50 for the series instead of the $10.04 being offered this week).
  • PARAcainPARAcain396,787
    Posted on 26 October 16 at 20:45
    Can't beat that Outlast deal!
    ~ King Para
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.