Game Discussion: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox 360) Forum

Cassette Tapes/Information Achievement

AuthorMessage
ACDCs TNT
ACDCs TNT
Posted on 28 October 16 at 02:42, Edited on 29 October 16 at 15:44 by ACDCs TNT
I've been trying to unlock this achievement, but I think I might have glitched it. According to most guides there are 12 tapes you have to collect and you have to finish the level after you collect the tape/s in order for it to save. Well, after getting the other achievements I went back to the tapes I missed and just returned to the menu screen and they were still accounted for. So I thought I was good, but after I collected all the tapes mentioned in the TA guide it didn't pop. So I tried completing a level so it would save, and at the rewards screen it said "You have collected all of Chico's tapes, so now you can listen to them all at once.", But still no achievement. Then I went to Play Records and it said I had 16/19 tapes after collecting Deja Vu I now have 17. Where are the other tapes and was the achievement suppose to unlock already?
ACDCs TNT
ACDCs TNT
Posted on 29 October 16 at 15:43
Got it to unlock. You don't have to finish the level for the tape to save, you just have to get to the next checkpoint/autosave. Even if it appears in the play cassette tapes menu, I would suggest going back to recollect the tapes if the achievement doesn't unlock when it should. If it did register the tape the first time, it won't appear in the place you would find it, with the exception of the tapes in the "Classified Intel Acquisition" level. The tape that I had to recollect was the one in the Jamais Vu level. A few seconds after I grabbed it the achievement popped.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.