Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Gaming Dead: Searching for the Perfect Zombie Game

• BobWingsBobWings933,364
    Posted on 30 October 16 at 13:47, Edited on 30 October 16 at 13:48 by BobWings
    Assassin T82 said:
    I would like to see The Last of Us come over to xbox.
    Yes! I've heard/read great things about the game but have never had a chance to play it.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,488
    Posted on 30 October 16 at 16:50
    State of Decay was ok for about 15 minutes. After that, it just became a chore and a pain in the ass. Having to constantly save the same idiots over and over again was just draining. Here's a tip, if I have to save your stupid ass three times in a row, stay the fuck in the base and let me get on with scavenging. The zombies also bothered me as I hate the idea of fast zombies, plus the way hordes of them show up out of the blue. About the only thing it did right was the non-respawing supplies. And don't get me started on that goddamn Breakdown DLC.

Dying Light was about the best of the zombie games, but it had the respawning loot containers which takes some of the immersion factor out. Dead Rising had promise, but the time limit + atrocious survivor AI + shitty achievements ruins some of it for me. I haven't gotten too far into it, but How To Survive: Storm Warning Edition seems tough as hell.
  • Posted on 31 October 16 at 14:22
    I'm surprised you didn't mention Minecraft. I understand it's not a hyper-realistic world and the world needs some building (pun intended) but at it's core it's a zombie game. It seems it crosses off most of what you're looking for except of course the story. I always thought Minecraft with a story and realistic graphics would be the perfect post-apocalyptic game.
  • Posted on 31 October 16 at 15:22
    I have played State of Decay and at the very beginning I LOVED IT. Just reading this article makes me want to go pick it up again and play some more. I really enjoyed all the things about it.
    AND THAT'S . . . . . THE REST OF THE STORY.
  • DelithDelith394,283
    Posted on 31 October 16 at 15:26
    When/If the Zombie Apocalypse happens, I'll be sure to make my way west to Oregon. I got a feeling we'd do well as a team. I'd have an open world experience getting there obviously. Lots of emotion because most of my loved ones will be dead (otherwise why would I leave to travel so far). There will be hordes of zombies to fight through to get there. Since we've never met, we'd have new interpersonal relationships (i.e find friends) to check off the list as well as recounting our sad and heartbreaking history since the ZA started. Then, we'd experience base building and scavenging the countryside for supplies and other survivors. In all, I'd think we'd *be* the perfect video game.

I'll just make sure I ditch my Freedom Bear, Paddle Saw, and Laser Sword before we meet up.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Posted on 31 October 16 at 21:55
    7 Days to Die.

Registered on the site just to point that one.

Yes, it has bugs and it crashes every 3 or 4 hours BUT it's only because I play it in chunks of 4 or more hours at a time that I notice this crashes and once the game hooks you, that's it. No worries about draw-distance, framerate, textures, nothing... Just pure zombie and survival awesomeness.

As Daddy Peaches pointed out, there is Minecraft. 7 Days to Die IS that hypotetical Minecraft with realistic graphics and a dark mood.

God, I just freakin' love the game, and it's on discount today I think as part of last weeks Deals.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath592,224
    Posted on 31 October 16 at 22:00
    Absolutely no mention of 7 days to die in this article huh? Sate of Decay was ok, but it fell short of me wanting to play it for a very long time unlike 7 days where building your base to survive feels more to the tune of what you look for in a zombie game same as I do.

Dead rising is the series I am on xbox for, without it, I may have gone PS4 this time around. It touched the closest to my favorite, and best zombie world IMO, dawn of the dead. I could do without the combo weapon stuff and even rescuing the survivors to be honest and unfortunately DR4 is taking it way over the top with that EXO suit. Had they chosen a different path, this might be the best zombie series ever. For now, 7 days gets that title imo.
  • Posted on 01 November 16 at 00:18
    Yes! Another 7 Days to Die fan!

Such an underrated game...
  • Posted on 25 January 17 at 02:55
    Santi Esponja said:
    7 Days to Die.

Registered on the site just to point that one.

Yes, it has bugs and it crashes every 3 or 4 hours BUT it's only because I play it in chunks of 4 or more hours at a time that I notice this crashes and once the game hooks you, that's it. No worries about draw-distance, framerate, textures, nothing... Just pure zombie and survival awesomeness.

As Daddy Peaches pointed out, there is Minecraft. 7 Days to Die IS that hypotetical Minecraft with realistic graphics and a dark mood.

God, I just freakin' love the game, and it's on discount today I think as part of last weeks Deals.
    I agree 7 days is like crack
  • danymaggotdanymaggot808,966
    Posted on 26 January 17 at 16:02
    dead island headspin
  • Posted on 19 December 17 at 06:39
    The original Dead Rising is the best zombie game IMO. Much more serious and intense than its successors.

You have strict time and resource management, tens of thousands of zombies to battle, open world gaming with multiple endings, an interesting story behind it, and badass Frank West leading the way.

Checks all of my boxes.
  • StrangerStranger212,671
    Posted on 09 October 18 at 13:57
    Why was All Zombies Must Die! delisted?
  • Posted on 30 March 20 at 04:45
    You can use the game Apk mod vs Plants Plants APK Version: 2.9.01 on CoiMobile. I am playing very well.
  • Posted on 04 March 21 at 15:39
    Why am I here?
  • EthigyEthigy1,372,204
    Posted on 05 March 21 at 21:57
    Don’t play Call of Duty Zombies.
  • Posted on 12 March 21 at 22:16
    I thought Dead Island was pretty good.
    There's absolutely nothing you need to know about me.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 July 21 at 18:07
    State of Decay 2 😂😂😂 that aged badly innit
    Rainbow Dash best Pony
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads