Game Discussion: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Forum

PSA - Complete Dawnguard questline ASAP

AuthorMessage
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 04 November 16 at 09:37
How is that? Dawnguard should be pretty self-contained. I think you only need one artifact and a few of those are really easy to get.

Tophertanium said:
So, I've started Dawnguard. Have NOT started the quest line that results in getting lycanthropy, but I want to maintain my vampirism when I get it. Does anyone know if I can become a vampire, get those achievements and be cured, then contract lycanthropy, get those achievements, then become a vampire again?
Here's how you do it. Complete the Dawnguard questline. Now that you're a vampire go do the Werewolf questline. When you get turned into a werewolf this will cure your vampirism and let you do the werewolf stuff. Once you're done with being all furry choose to get that cured. Now once you're human again you can either become a vampire by fighting one and letting yourself get infected or, if they're alive, go to one of the two main vampire NPC's and have them do it. Or you can go to the Redwater Den and drink from the spring there. That'll turn you into a vampire again.

So yes, you can.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
EsdeeAr
EsdeeAr
Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:30
Don't mind me, apparently the Discerning The Transmundane quest can be done at any level, and I was thinking I needed to play through the whole thing at >8 in order to avoid vampire attacks. (Spoiler alert, there's still vampire attacks once you start Dawnguard, regardless of your level.)

Still debating continuing through at level 6, though. Being gimpy is kinda fun.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:47
EsdeeAr said:
Still debating continuing through at level 6, though. Being gimpy is kinda fun.
It's all fun and games until you accidentally piss off a giant and get golf clubbed into orbit. laugh Low level runs are often very fun in TES games. Was planning on using this chance to do one in Skyrim once I get the game.
PraXis91x
PraXis91x
Posted on 06 November 16 at 18:32
Make sure to have a ton of saves... ugh. I was completing the Companion quests and forgot to set the time to 6am (I think vampire attacks happen from something like 9pm-6am) and I went into Winterhold sometime at like 4am.

Anyway, a Master Vampire was attacking and killed some NPC and I somehow got aggro'd from Faralda during the fight so now I can't do the College of Winterhold quests because she's red. I'll prob reload a save or wait a few in-game days to see if that fixes it.
hunterIV
hunterIV
Posted on 08 November 16 at 21:52
If I use the stealth abuse method in the cave with the bear in Helgen Keep, can I just run straight through Dawnguard instead of going to Whiterun? If so, will being a vampire screw anything up for the remainder of the game?

I want to play the game, but I don't want to deal with the fucking vampires killing everyone.
IllustriousYeti
Posted on 10 November 16 at 02:09
Level 22 with nearly 30 hours played and haven't had a single vampire attack in a town, so it's not a big deal. It's usually pretty easy to save them anyway unless there's an npc with hardly any health that is right next to them
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 10 November 16 at 02:48
If it happens early enough it can be a massively huge problem. Some people are lucky or they just happen to only enter towns during the day. But all it took was one entry at night for my friends game to be ruined. They literally cleared out almost all of Whiterun barring the Jarl's place. The blacksmith, quest givers, merchants... all gone. It can be a very big deal.
EsdeeAr
EsdeeAr
Posted on 10 November 16 at 13:33
Chiming in with misfit119 here, on my level 18 sneakthief, I fast traveled to Whiterun and somehow dragged a trio of vampires in with me, who promptly went on a rampage and took out 3 NPCs, triggering at least one Failed Quest alert before I reloaded. Hadn't even visited Fort Dawnguard at that point, just heard the rumors. That was when I remembered this PSA and promptly went through all three of my characters to finish that questline.
Lliryn
Lliryn
Posted on 10 November 16 at 20:15
These vampire attacks are very annoying every three in game days either a vampire or dragon attacks a town and the time of day doesn't matter I have gone into Riften at two in the afternoon and still have vampires attacking. I can't wait to finish my achievement run then start playing with mods like the no vampire attack one xD
AgentOfAbyss
AgentOfAbyss
Posted on 12 June 17 at 18:47
I started my game and immediately went through Dawnguard. I'm almost done with the main quest (Dawnguard side) and once I finish it the random city vampire attacks should stop right? I just want to play the damn game normally angry.
wynams
wynams
Posted on 10 August 17 at 13:23
Just picked this up on recent PSN sale and was sad to learn of an inability to disable Dawnguard.
I mean, I guess that DLC was alright the first couple of times I cleared it lastgen, but pretty over it now.

I (like most here) would prefer to level up to 25 or so before turning it on (if ever).

So ... started playing a toon I am going to keep at level 1 until I've stashed enough XP to hit 25.

Exited tutorial, hit up the mage stone, looted Riverwood, jumped by 3 vampires on the way to friggin Whiterun. Had not even taken a quest.

Thanks BethSoft!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.