Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated Version of Bastion Comes to Xbox One; Free for Owners of the 360 Version

• Posted on 04 November 16 at 13:09Permalink
    This news has made my day. I never replay games because of my enormous backlog, but I will gladly go through this gem again. Love it.
    This space for rent.
  • JamPound32JamPound32851,630
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 13:10Permalink
    Our Afflictions said:
    If we buy the 360 version now, will we still have the free opportunity when it releases on the one? Or did we need to have it before the announcement?
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been meaning to get it for ages so might do now.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,774
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 13:40Permalink
    This is wonderful news. And for free for 360 owners, it's too good to be true. Can't wait to replay this one.
  • misfit119misfit119910,689
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 13:45, Edited on 04 November 16 at 13:46 by misfit119Permalink
    Erik Seidel said:
    I could never get the hype. Solid game with great narrator and soundtrack but boring gameplay. Solid 4 stars for me. Nothing more.

I would rather like to see what Transistor is about.
    Well most of the hype revolves around the great narrator and fantastic soundtrack. Most of the people I know think the gameplay is adequate if not slightly annoying in a few areas. The customization is nice but not spectacular. Generally the gameplay is in service to the story not the other way. So that pretty much is the hype.

With that said I would hope that this eventually leads to Transistor. I'd like to play that.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic449,052
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 14:17Permalink
    For new achievements, and the retouched game, this is totally worth it. I love the game on the 360, so this should be a nice revisiting.
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,235,036
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 14:54Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    If we buy the 360 version now, will we still have the free opportunity when it releases on the one? Or did we need to have it before the announcement?
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been meaning to get it for ages so might do now.
    Given all the love this game is getting in the comments and the fact that Supergiant is doing this at all, I'm going to chance it. Best case, I get both versions. Worst case, I just threw some of my gaming dollars to someone who probably actually deserves them, and I get to play the 360 version of a game people love.

*Bought*.
  • Grimace221Grimace221885,175
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 15:24Permalink
    Hell yes!
  • Posted on 04 November 16 at 15:38Permalink
    SpeleoFool said:
    Given all the love this game is getting in the comments and the fact that Supergiant is doing this at all, I'm going to chance it. Best case, I get both versions. Worst case, I just threw some of my gaming dollars to someone who probably actually deserves them, and I get to play the 360 version of a game people love.

*Bought*.
    Good man. You won't regret it. The game is not difficult, but it's not a cake walk either. The fact that 1/3 of the people who have played it got all the achievements tells you a lot since that involves playing through the game -essentially- twice.
    This space for rent.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane1,184,348
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 15:39Permalink
    Yeah!!
  • dale smeegledale smeegle518,329
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:07Permalink
    Easily the best arcade game I have played! Couldn't be happier to reply it all over!
  • dale smeegledale smeegle518,329
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:28Permalink
    Only just noticed its due the day after my birthday! What an amazing birthday present! :D
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat985,969
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:38Permalink
    I played played the demo on the 360 and liked that but never actually got the game. I always did want to play it eventually. This is the perfect opportunity to do so. Looking forward to finally getting the full experience.
  • Posted on 04 November 16 at 16:46Permalink
    Spending dev time updating it and then giving it away to owners of the original. This kind of thing doesnt happen often. Thanks devs.
    [url=http://raptr.com/tyronedavies?src=em_all][img]http://raptr.com/badge/tyronedavies/fs_overall.png[/img][/url]
  • Posted on 04 November 16 at 17:42Permalink
    Already looking forward to replaying such a great game.
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 17:46Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    SpeleoFool said:

*Bought*.
    Good man. You won't regret it. The game is not difficult, but it's not a cake walk either. The fact that 1/3 of the people who have played it got all the achievements tells you a lot since that involves playing through the game -essentially- twice.
    2nd playthrough takes no time though.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,021
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 18:11Permalink
    Such a fantastic game. I still boot it up from time to time just to hear Zia's song. I was so hyped for Transistor when they announced it and so disappointed when I saw it was PS4 exclusive. They really should make a port for Transistor if they were willing to do a remaster and give Bastion away free for 360 owners. I'd buy it day one, full price, no doubt. And I buy almost everything gaming-related on sale.

Anyway, I know what I'm going to be doing once this hits the One.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • blueracer442blueracer442523,847
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 18:26Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    Erik Seidel said:
    I could never get the hype. Solid game with great narrator and soundtrack but boring gameplay. Solid 4 stars for me. Nothing more.

I would rather like to see what Transistor is about.
    Well most of the hype revolves around the great narrator and fantastic soundtrack. Most of the people I know think the gameplay is adequate if not slightly annoying in a few areas. The customization is nice but not spectacular. Generally the gameplay is in service to the story not the other way. So that pretty much is the hype.

With that said I would hope that this eventually leads to Transistor. I'd like to play that.
    Yeah really hoping Transistor comes over. So happy to have a reason to play Bastion again.
  • Brutal BruteBrutal Brute446,328
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 18:29Permalink
    Loved this game when it came out! Will definitely enjoy playing it again.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x273,164
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 18:52Permalink
    Awesome. Although I never got very far with the original!
  • Posted on 04 November 16 at 19:21Permalink
    Good on them! Very much looking forward to playing it again
    Your achievements are belong to us!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.