Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated Version of Bastion Comes to Xbox One; Free for Owners of the 360 Version

• AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,238,660
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 21:49Permalink
    Really happy about this news! One of my favorites
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo199,614
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 22:40Permalink
    acedawg4 said:
    More company should learn this approach rather than slapping a remaster label on it and charging $60 for it
    Yeah, I really appreciate the honesty of calling it an updated version and not a remaster!
  • KillipoKillipo263,978
    Posted on 04 November 16 at 23:47Permalink
    I still listen to the Bastion soundtrack while I work on my computer. I'll definitely be giving this another playthrough!
  • Posted on 05 November 16 at 01:27Permalink
    alklein92201 said:
    One of the best XBLA games in my opinion. Gladly bought it on PS4, and always glad to see a free give for previois owners.

SquidCzy said:
    The real question is, can we earn all the achievements again?
    360 and One always stack (at least, I can't remember any exceptions) Especially considering the 360 version didn't have 1k GS which is a requirement on One.
    Destiny did. No longer does as of the last DLC.
  • SquidCzySquidCzy440,069
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 02:05Permalink
    BooneIronshield said:
    SquidCzy said:
    Yes, the first paragraph states it'll have new achievements.
    It states "if" it has new achievements. Was asking to see if there was any confirmation. I would assume it would though.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 04:15, Edited on 05 November 16 at 05:20 by MugenKairoPermalink
    Amazingly generous work from Supergiant! I'll definitely be picking up a free copy. Loved the 360 vanilla version!
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • ProscalineProscaline708,953
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 05:47Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    If we buy the 360 version now, will we still have the free opportunity when it releases on the one? Or did we need to have it before the announcement?
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been meaning to get it for ages so might do now.
    Also curious. Anyone know?
  • Posted on 05 November 16 at 07:11Permalink
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS GAME!!

The narration, the art direction, the story.. Hell, even the game play was fine for an arcade title. I rarely - if ever - replay games that I've completed the gamerscore on, but this is a perfect excuse being that it will have new achievements and the DLC included. Also, the original only had 200G.. this will have 1000G, possibly more if the DLC is tacked on as extra.

And, way to go devs for giving this away to the gamers who already supported you! That's the ticket!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 08:55Permalink
    SquidCzy said:
    BooneIronshield said:
    SquidCzy said:
    It states "if" it has new achievements. Was asking to see if there was any confirmation. I would assume it would though.
    Didn't make it to the second paragraph then? laugh
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 05 November 16 at 09:52Permalink
    Bastion Enhanced Definitive Edition.

We were counting on this one too.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • RacxieRacxie358,741
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 10:21, Edited on 05 November 16 at 10:24 by RacxiePermalink
    SO MUCH YES!!! smile
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,774
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 11:58Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    SquidCzy said:
    BooneIronshield said:
    SquidCzy said:
    To be fair, reading is hard
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 November 16 at 12:17Permalink
    was a decent game
  • SquidCzySquidCzy440,069
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 14:29Permalink
    WhyattThrash said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    SquidCzy said:
    BooneIronshield said:
    SquidCzy said:
    To be fair, reading is hard
    Touche
  • MaxMar5MaxMar5224,935
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 16:49Permalink
    acedawg4 said:
    More company should learn this approach rather than slapping a remaster label on it and charging $60 for it
    I totally agree, this compagny should be acclaim for do doing such great aftersale policy. This is a company that adequately rewards the loyalty of its customers.

Not like Bethesda that trying to sell a slightly improved version of an old game (Skyrim) at the price of a new game. In addition, they did not even offer discount to those who already have the 360 version.
  • misfit119misfit119910,689
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 19:47Permalink
    In fairness to Bethesda it's a lot easier to show that someone owns a digital only game than it is a game that is sold as a physical copy. If you give the discount to people who bought it digitally then you're leaving the ones who bought it physically at a disadvantage. It's kind of a lose-lose.

On the other hand it does irk me that you have games like Terraria that didn't offer that discount. Meh on them. Limbo too but at least that was free a few times so less on that one.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 05 November 16 at 20:00Permalink
    THIS IS HOW YOU DO A REMASTER! Take note all AAA developers. Best news I have heard in a while. Cant wait!
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,774
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 21:10Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    In fairness to Bethesda it's a lot easier to show that someone owns a digital only game than it is a game that is sold as a physical copy. If you give the discount to people who bought it digitally then you're leaving the ones who bought it physically at a disadvantage. It's kind of a lose-lose.
    It's not lose-lose. People who prefer buying physical games KNOW that they're not getting a permanent license. They give that up in favour of being able to resell their games. Diablo 3 on XBone was also discounted for 360 owners, for example.
  • ProfiliaProfilia148,817
    Posted on 05 November 16 at 22:07Permalink
    Nice! smile
  • mkdfanmkdfan669,435
    Posted on 06 November 16 at 00:48Permalink
    I was quite late to the party with this game but when I eventually did play it I thought it was brilliant. This is awesome of Supergiant!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.