Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated Version of Bastion Comes to Xbox One; Free for Owners of the 360 Version

• CydrikCydrik146,638
    Posted on 06 November 16 at 01:51Permalink
    I can't wait to play through this again.
  • misfit119misfit119910,866
    Posted on 06 November 16 at 02:23Permalink
    WhyattThrash said:
    misfit119 said:
    In fairness to Bethesda it's a lot easier to show that someone owns a digital only game than it is a game that is sold as a physical copy. If you give the discount to people who bought it digitally then you're leaving the ones who bought it physically at a disadvantage. It's kind of a lose-lose.
    It's not lose-lose. People who prefer buying physical games KNOW that they're not getting a permanent license. They give that up in favour of being able to resell their games. Diablo 3 on XBone was also discounted for 360 owners, for example.
    I have no recollection of any discount on D3. I owned the original, Reaper of Souls and UEE (the latter two digitially) and I don't remember any discount on any of them.

That said it's definitely lose-lose from a PR point of view. People who buy things physically are going to rail and whine and moan about how unfair it is to make them pay more just for wanting a physical copy of a game. Then the digital gamers are going to pop in and talk about how they should have bought it digitally anyway since that's the future. It'll just devolve from there and Bethesda would be branded as the next coming of EA. It's the nature of the internet consumer responses.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Paper21Paper21360,904
    Posted on 06 November 16 at 15:01Permalink
    Wow very nice. Can we also get an Xbox one Transistor release, pretty please?
  • Posted on 06 November 16 at 22:08Permalink
    Can't wait to once again sit back and just lose myself in the soundtrack and to hear Logan Cunningham take me through the journey of Bastion.

Well done and thank you Supergiant Games.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4529,592
    Posted on 06 November 16 at 23:37, Edited on 06 November 16 at 23:41 by KenH2k4Permalink
    Just bought this today so you'll be able to get it on sale soon laugh

I figured I may as well get the 360 version free with the Xbox One version
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483199,685
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 11:55Permalink
    looking forward to this. wonder how the free download will work for owners of the original (check for cloud saves, email code from MS, etc)?
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • SpilnerSpilner772,295
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 11:58Permalink
    Stevo6483 said:
    looking forward to this. wonder how the free download will work for owners of the original (check for cloud saves, email code from MS, etc)?
    Digital licence tied to your account like always
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483199,685
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:25Permalink
    Oh right, cool. Just have to make sure I download this when it becomes available. I'll happily play through it again.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 20:00Permalink
    AWESOME!!

This game is worth a second play-through and for those who haven't played, it's worth picking up.
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL361,376
    Posted on 11 November 16 at 13:23Permalink
    loudenkl said:
    Can't wait to once again sit back and just lose myself in the soundtrack and to hear Logan Cunningham take me through the journey of Bastion.

Well done and thank you Supergiant Games.
    I absolutely love the narration in Bastion, I played through it the past few days and stuff like when you get your hammer and he says:
    "And the kid went into a blind rage for a while."

or in the bastion if you roll off the top of the map a few times:
    "I thought about putting guard rails up there."

Typical things that gamers do that aren't part of the expected gameplay by the developer he makes a witty remark about. Thought that was a really neat detail.
  • Posted on 09 December 16 at 21:43Permalink
    Sweet! Looking forward to playing it again. Loved the narrative voice actor. "We talked for a spell" <3
    Yeah, I said that.
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,235,756
    Posted on 12 December 16 at 14:29Permalink
    SpeleoFool said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    If we buy the 360 version now, will we still have the free opportunity when it releases on the one? Or did we need to have it before the announcement?
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been meaning to get it for ages so might do now.
    Given all the love this game is getting in the comments and the fact that Supergiant is doing this at all, I'm going to chance it. Best case, I get both versions. Worst case, I just threw some of my gaming dollars to someone who probably actually deserves them, and I get to play the 360 version of a game people love.

*Bought*.
    FWIW, this worked. Downloading my free copy of Bastion for the One right now. :-)
  • K4rn4geK4rn4ge1,720,680
    Posted on 12 December 16 at 20:22Permalink
    Sure there have been a lot of remasters / re-releases etc this year but at least this one is FREE for people who own the 360 version. Kudos to Supergiant Games for that. Great game!
    Follow & watch http://www.twitch.tv/karnage where I stream a wide variety of games and do loads of game giveaways!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.