Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox One UK Retail Chart - Infinite Warfare Knocks Battlefield 1 Off Top Spot

• ORB1T4LORB1T4L285,161
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 13:51Permalink
    Let's be real for a sec, it's only because COD4R is included and we (the people who bought Infinite Warfare) only bought it because of that.

This is my opinion on Infinite Warfare, please note that before I learned about MWR, I didn't want to buy a CoD game ever again, and this is probably my last purchase for this franchise:

- Campaign: It's surprisingly good, I've been expecting some very stinky crap to be honest ! I love the Sci-Fi setting for this one (hated the previous ones), it's kind of realistic in a Dark Matter way and I really enjoy the fact that I have my own ship and can launch missions from a map instead of going from a level to another one with a cutscene in between, the side missions add an RPG feeling and even if it's very light it sounds good for the future of this (IMO) dying franchise.

Multiplayer: I don't really have a lot to say about that except that I hate it, CoD has been a Titanfall-wannabe since Advanced Warfare and even though I absolutely LOVE Titanfall, I hate what CoD is tying to be, it's everything but good, a shit clone of a great game.

Zombies: It's good, really good, it feels like the good old Treyarch Zombies mode but it adds the cool new things from Black Ops 3 Zombies, once again, I was surprised in a good way.

Modern Warfare Remastered: It's as enjoyable as the original, only way better, especially the lighting, I lost my shit when the nuke blew off... Beauty in destruction, right ? Okay the campaign is awesome but the multiplayer really is the cherry on top of the cake, the whole game is totally remade but it still feels like the original.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 13:51Permalink
    Segendary Ty said:
    Yeah I'm unsubscribing from Fallout 4 news facepalm
    We'll exclude these chart stories from notifications, good spot!
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:06Permalink
    Lol, dishonored 2 take the top spot.....LOLOLOLOLL!
  • Obscure AleObscure Ale209,854
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:07Permalink
    Forza Horizon 3 going strong been above Gears 4.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:39Permalink
    don't worry IW is dead on PC. Farming simulator 17 has almost 20k more players lol
    t-t-t-today junior
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:51, Edited on 07 November 16 at 14:52 by Permalink
    let's face it. most people only got the new cod because they got forced to, if they wanted to play cod 4 remastered
    i'm not spending $130 au just to play cod 4
  • kintariskintaris323,040
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 14:52Permalink
    Fascinating that Minecraft is still up there despite little price variation. I guess the younger gamers are still getting it bundled with the console when they upgrade.
  • BRAN IS HEREBRAN IS HERE303,926
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:04Permalink
    Dwaggienite said:
    Lets be honest, as battlefield 1 was out first, this was going to happen no matter what. Not much of a news story lets be honest, the chavs always buy this :P
    Chavs always buy thisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 10/10
    D
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant481,929
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:11Permalink
    Charts are interesting. Is this a one off story or a new weekly feature?
    Still waiting for sigs to stop deleting.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,187,320
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:15Permalink
    only got no.1 spot because cuntavision employers bought multiply copies of game cod is a pile of crap only got thing was cod 4 which was only bundled with game because they knew the new cod game was a pile of shit
    Goggs25
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant481,929
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:18Permalink
    Haven't checked the actual numbers myself but IW sales on opening week are less than half of BLOPS3.
    Still waiting for sigs to stop deleting.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,190,258
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:36Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Haven't checked the actual numbers myself but IW sales on opening week are less than half of BLOPS3.
    And I bet a good chunk of those sales are only for MW Remastered too, not people wanting IW itself.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 15:55Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I thought this was interesting as well. Could it be expanded to include other regions if there is reliable data?

On a side note I'm rather surprised Farming Simulator 17 made it to the chart let alone 8th place.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 16:29Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    We're planning on bringing it every week.

I think it's interesting too.
  • Nosi90Nosi9078,779
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 16:37Permalink
    2 years old and GTA V is still in the top 10 sales. Considering the price of GTA V is still high rockstar must be making a killing!
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE483,302
    Posted on 07 November 16 at 17:07Permalink
    Then I see this in my inbox - https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-sales-757...

"Infinite Warfare sales down 50% from Blops3 launch in UK"

Never quite understood how the CoD launches effect Activision's stock - even in the record breaking years the value would dip a few mrkn $ each time (and now seeing the same news bit on a financial site linked out of my portfolio haha)
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 17:28Permalink
    WestsideSxE said:
    Then I see this in my inbox - https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-sales-757...

"Infinite Warfare sales down 50% from Blops3 launch in UK"

Never quite understood how the CoD launches effect Activision's stock - even in the record breaking years the value would dip a few mrkn $ each time (and now seeing the same news bit on a financial site linked out of my portfolio haha)
    That's a clickbait pretty much! BLOPS 3 didn't have competition back then.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 17:31, Edited on 07 November 16 at 17:32 by DeadlyName007Permalink
    I don't like this kind of posts, because people just start flaming on games they don't like (not that it isn't happening everyday, but more excuses to do so).

Infinite Warfare is a fantastic game! Fantastic Campaign, fun zombies experience and the Multiplayer is much more well-made than Blops 3. The MW Remaster is amazing as well. 10/10 package!

Not trying to compare any of the FPS that are out at all! Everyone have their own taste of FPS games.
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 18:08Permalink
    xONLY INHUMANx said:
    i'm not spending $130 au just to play cod 4
    I wanted to get IW for that exact reason, but that money went into Horizon 3 instead of. I think I made a better investment.....
  • Posted on 07 November 16 at 19:20Permalink
    Hope in humanity lost.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.